ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Protect Your Family With Home Network Security
Protect your Home Network
1. You need to change your default username and password
- Your ISP provides you with default username and password and it can easily be found online by hackers. Once they got into your network, they can lock you from your account and hijack your network. To avoid this, you need to have a secure username and password so it would be difficult for them to gain entry on your network.
2. You need to turn on Wireless Network Encryption
-this is one of the most effective and efficient way to safeguard your network data against any hackers, and the most secure encryption is WPA2. You can check it your network settings and then its wireless properties.
3. You need to use VPN (Virtual Private Network)
-this network will allow you to communicate unsecured and unencrypted network thru a private way that helps you against hackers from what you are doing and your current location. It can also alter your IP address that it would look as if you're using your computer from different location or address.
4. You must hide your network from view
- devices are configured ...
... with default network name or SSID (service set identifier) a publicly visible network name. If you happen to have same manufacturer with your neighbor, it could be critical especially if its unencrypted. Hiding your SSID will protect your network against chance of attack.
5. You need to turf-off your Wi-Fi network when not at home
- with this you can help your network be secure for any attempting situation from the hackers especially if you will not be home for so long.
6. You need to keep your router software up to date
-updated software is ensuring your home network to be always protected
7. You need to use firewall
- this is to add another layer of protection for your home network to prevent intruders.
8. You need to place the router in the center of your home
- when your router is near a window or door, it can increase chance for signal interception and malicious intent, so to improve your security it is only best to place your Wi-Fi router at the center of your home.
9. You can enable MAC address filtering
-broadband routers has a MAC (media control access) a physical address that improve security by limiting the number of devices that can get connected to your home network.
10. You can disable remote administration
- this allows someone near your home to view or change your Wi-Fi settings, to protect your network you need to disable this by clicking the disabled button on the Wi-Fi setting.
Importance of Securing you Home Network
Data privacy and security is very important not just for single individuals but also to businesses. Any type of information not kept safe, can be used against you maliciously by any hackers. You don't want that to happen, so securing your home network is very important so you can avoid the risk of data loss, theft and sabotage that may ruin your personal data and integrity.
Keeping your home and your loved ones away from any danger of information theft against hacker will help you work with peace of mind. Even if you have the luxury of getting access to any website on the internet, home network security will ensure security and privacy of your data even if you're far from home. We all want to protect our loved ones, and in today's digital world getting the right security for them will lead them including you away from any danger.
Learn how to keep your home secure by reading our blogs and checking our website https://www.nextelle.net.au
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. The Importance Of Unlimited Mobile Plans In Communication
2. Home Nbn Plans For Your Best Home Internet Access
3. Save A Lot Of Memories With Enormous Storage Space
4. How Bi Technology Can Help In Cash Flow Analysis
Author: Bappaditta Jana
5. Dmarc: The Basics Of Dmarc
6. Some Noteworthy Performance Tips To Enhance User Experience In React Native Apps
Author: Ash Rakars
7. Get As Much Online Free Cloud Storage As You Need With The Best Cloud Storage Providers In The Industry
8. All About Bigcommerce Apps & How To Build One
Author: Copper Mobile
9. Lettuce Sowing Time And Sowing Techniques
Author: doris zhang
10. Frictionless Silicone Soft Touch Coating From Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc., Gets Glp - Skin Irritation Certification
11. Things To Know Before Mobile Phone Screen Repair
Author: Charlie Wollstonecraft
12. Issues In Ipad That Require Professional Repairs
Author: Oliver Mertin
13. Be Part Of Growing Industry With Unlimited Cellular
14. The Effectiveness And Importance Of Wireless Spectrum To Its Community
15. Everything You Need To Know About The Features Of Healthcare Provider Credentialing Software
Author: Jack Hall