ALL >> Career >> View Article
Offshore Staffing In Pune
Total Articles: 17
2019 Strategic Interview Tips
It has been said before that hiring has no exact formula or guidebook. It is an art form, and unfortunately it can be subjective. Managers are more likely to hire a candidate who possesses the same attributes or mannerisms of themselves. This is called the similar-to-me-bias, and it could cause the interviewer to choose a less suitable candidate. The similar-to-me bias is something that is often done subconsciously rather than intentionally.
Monkey see, monkey do- also known as “mirroring”
The HR manager speaks quietly and slowly. You speak quietly and slowly. The HR manager puts one hand close to her mouth while she speaks. You put one hand close to your mouth while you speak. You get the point.
Mirroring can create a rapport with whomever you are imitating. This can subconsciously build trust and help a person feel more connected to you. It is all about finding that commonality.
Do your homework – also known as social media "investigating"
How are you going to find a common ground if you don’t even know who you are meeting with? Thanks to technology, this is a thing of the past. Most hiring managers will at least have a LinkedIn account. If you are unable to find them on any type of social media handles, try checking the company website on the “about” page.
If all else fails, try using slogans or key words from the companies website. If a company has core values, subtly bring up in conversation how you exhibit those values.
Complimenting – also known as “brown nosing”
There have been numerous studies conducted that prove the more you praise someone, the better they feel about YOU. The compliment-ee will associate you with positive thoughts and feelings. It may explain why the running joke of “brown nosing” often lands an employee a seat next to the CEO.
Subtly is key here. Try complimenting something you genuinely admire. Nobody likes a fibber.
At the end of the day you can only hope that you will be selected because you re the best candidate for the role. But it doesn’t hurt to use a little psychology to nudge the hiring manager in your favour.
Career Articles1. Uncovering Deception During Job Interviews
Author: Steven Aperen
2. Tips To Write An Effective Curriculum Vitae
3. A Guide To Improving Your Resume
4. Environmental Modeling And Leed Certification
Author: ge 3s
5. Hr Staffing Solutions In Bangalore
Author: TeamPlus India
6. Understanding Of The Roles, Objectives Of Top Recruitment Consultants In India
Author: jennifer jam
7. Benefits Of Ccna Certification Training
Author: Surya Singh
8. Why Technology Advancement Is Important For A Graphic Designer In Dubai
Author: Faizan Idrees
9. Back To School - Memories Of First Day!
Author: Akshaya Patra
10. An Insight To The Digital Marketing Company
Author: Aakash Kanaujia
11. How Can You Recognize The Reliable And Reputed Recruitment Agencies In Bangkok?
Author: Maxwell Emard
12. Best 100 Universities In The World
13. Summer Trends Of 2019
Author: Shreyas Deshpandey
14. Role Of Pharma Job Consultants And Placement Agency In India
Author: jennifer jam
15. How Free Job Posting Site Help To Hire Chef, Tailor, Security Guard & Office Boy Easily?
Author: Amit Singh