ALL >> Career >> View Article
Offshore Staffing In Pune
2019 Strategic Interview Tips
It has been said before that hiring has no exact formula or guidebook. It is an art form, and unfortunately it can be subjective. Managers are more likely to hire a candidate who possesses the same attributes or mannerisms of themselves. This is called the similar-to-me-bias, and it could cause the interviewer to choose a less suitable candidate. The similar-to-me bias is something that is often done subconsciously rather than intentionally.
Monkey see, monkey do- also known as “mirroring”
The HR manager speaks quietly and slowly. You speak quietly and slowly. The HR manager puts one hand close to her mouth while she speaks. You put one hand close to your mouth while you speak. You get the point.
Mirroring can create a rapport with whomever you are imitating. This can subconsciously build trust and help a person feel more connected to you. It is all about finding that commonality.
Do your homework – also known as social media "investigating"
How are you going to find a common ground if you don’t even know who you are meeting with? Thanks to technology, this is a thing of the past. Most hiring managers will at least have a LinkedIn account. If you are unable to find them on any type of social media handles, try checking the company website on the “about” page.
If all else fails, try using slogans or key words from the companies website. If a company has core values, subtly bring up in conversation how you exhibit those values.
Complimenting – also known as “brown nosing”
There have been numerous studies conducted that prove the more you praise someone, the better they feel about YOU. The compliment-ee will associate you with positive thoughts and feelings. It may explain why the running joke of “brown nosing” often lands an employee a seat next to the CEO.
Subtly is key here. Try complimenting something you genuinely admire. Nobody likes a fibber.
At the end of the day you can only hope that you will be selected because you re the best candidate for the role. But it doesn’t hurt to use a little psychology to nudge the hiring manager in your favour.
Career Articles1. Unlock Any Lg Phone With Lg Factory Code Safely, Easily & Permanently!
Author: Unlock Any LG Phone With LG Factory Code Safely, E
2. Get Top Quality Coaching For Business Corporate Planning For Higher Growth
Author: Sharon L. Spano
3. Employ The Best People And Move Forward
Author: John Dugan
4. Can I Find Jobs For Me On Job Search Sites In Hyderabad
5. E Way Bill - A Replacement Idea In Gst
6. Top 3 Reasons Why People Hire Image Consultants
Author: Radiance Image Consultancy
7. Step By Step Instructions To Crack Nid 2020 At The First Attempt – Best Tips
8. Today Job Circular Bd Is One Of The Largest Job Circular
Author: todayjobcircular bd
9. Top 5 Reasons To Hire A Resume Service Company For All Your Needs
Author: CV Warehouse
10. Why Content Writing Jobs Are As Important As Any Other Job
Author: Faizan Idrees
11. 7 Highly Demanded Digital Marketing Jobs & Skills
Author: Manju Rai
12. Efficient Ways To Help You Prepare For Ielts
13. How To Become Leed Green Associate With Efficient Time Management.
Author: ge 3s
14. What Is The Eligibility Criteria For Pmp Certification Courses In Dubai?
Author: Acad Training & Consulting
15. How To Start Consultancy Services?
Author: John Miller