ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
6 Popular Phone Battery Myths Debunked
Total Articles: 156
Everybody wants to make the most out of their phone battery. However, you may not be doing it the correct way. Since smartphones have become so common, there are a lot of myths revolving the battery life of phones. While there are some tips and tricks you can employ to enhance your battery life and performance, you may be believing some myths. Let’s check out the common myths surrounding phone batteries, and find the truth about them.
1. The phone should not leave the phone charging overnight
There has been quite a lot of debate regarding whether or not it is safe to leave the phone charging overnight. Some individuals feel that overcharging may overload the phone battery. Well, according to tech experts, smartphones do not allow the battery to overload. The phone comes with added protection chipsets to ensure that this does not happen. When the battery is completely charged, the charging stops.
2. It is safe to charge phones at a public charging station
If you use a public charging port, then you are putting your data at risk. Information can be transferred over a USB connection. Therefore, when you plug your smartphone into unknown USB charging ports, cyber attacks may happen. These attacks are called juice jacking. While iPhones are more secure, Android users should be more aware of the risks. Since many Android smartphones have outdated operating systems, they are more vulnerable to attacks.
3. Charge a new smartphone fully before the first use
Well, with the new batteries, you do not have to worry about charging your phone to 100% before you use it. While phone manufacturers recommend the users to charge it first, but this is only to make sure that the users have an excellent first experience. If your phone has some battery charge, then you can use it without putting it to charge. The reason why new phones do not come with much battery power is that the air traffic rules have a battery limit.
4. Charge only when the battery dies
Well, you can charge your phone’s battery as and when you want. You do not have to let it discharge completely before you plug it in. Most smartphone batteries work in charging cycles. Hence, it is a lot better to charge the smartphone daily than to charge it only when it is empty.
5. Freeze batteries to retain their battery juice
Well, you should not freeze the batteries or store them in the refrigerator. The extreme temperature can cause more problems. One such damage can be caused by micro condensation which can damage and corrode the battery. It is better to keep the battery in a dry, cool place than to keep in the fridge or freezer.
6. Memory Effect
In the era of nickel-cadmium in the 70s and 80s, the blame for most battery faults was put on memory. This meant that nickel-cadmium batteries could remember the amount of energy drawn on earlier discharges, and would only deliver what was required in the last charge. Well, with the new-age Lithium-ion batteries, this is not the case. These batteries do not develop memories, but they work on capacity.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Installation Of Cylinder Head Temperature Probe (cht Probe) In Aircraft
Author: Joseph Polizzotto
2. Electronic Health Record Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, A
3. D-link Debuts New 5g Nr Router Dwr-2010
Author: Ericsson alex
4. Different Types Of Blockchains- Public, Private And Consortium
5. Led Tv Price In Bangladesh
Author: Raquibul Islam Rakib
6. What Are The Important Aspects Regarding The Light Fitting Installation?
Author: Brown Ross
7. Unlock Full Value Of The Cloud With Erp For Manufacturing
Author: Oron ERP 3i Infotech
8. Best Smart Home Device Under 4500
9. Imagining A Life With Robots
10. Learning With Companion Robots New-age Education Is Here!
11. 8 Best 3d Printing Tips You Need To Know!
12. Importance Of Comparative Gauging Using Thread Ring Gauge
Author: Frank Xu
13. How Seo Tools And Strategies Work In Tandem To Be Your Site Optimizer?
Author: Kalnpluk Darshcldwel
14. What Are The Differences Among Commercial, Industrial And Residential Electricians?
Author: Brown Ross
15. Browse White Mountain Knives Selection Of Good Pocket Knife Brands
Author: Justin Malone