ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Make Your Weekly Plan Delicious With Masoor Dal Recipes
Indian food is blessed with variety and nutrition. When we look at Indian cuisines, the quintessential ingredients in most of the curries are the pulses (also known as Dal). It is an integral part of every Indian meal. It’s known for its flavour, nutrients, and variety. So how about a Dal in its organic form? The benefits are much more.
Masoor Dal (or Red Lentil) is one such Dal variety which is commonly used in Indian cooking. It’s basically the split lentil without skin and is red in colour.
It’s a good source of cholesterol-lowering fibre. It has high levels of protein like amino acids isoleucine and lysine and is a source of inexpensive protein diet. Vegetarians include a lot of pulses as part of the food as it’s their major form of protein intake.
Health Benefits of Organic Masoor Dal
Organic Masoor dal is a good nutrient for people who are suffering from bile reflux. Apart from protein, it also contains fibre, folate, vitamin B1, and minerals. It improves the blood circulation in the body. It helps lower the cholesterol and manages blood sugar levels since the rich fibre prevents blood sugar levels from peaking suddenly after a meal. They are a good source of potassium and iron. Lentils are rich in flavones, a class of antioxidants with antioxidant properties. Studies have proved that regular consumption of lentils can reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Masoor Dal Recipe
Masoor Dal is usually cooked in the form of curry in India and served with roti and rice. Since it’s naturally a soft Dal, it doesn’t need soaking all the time prior to cooking. It can be cooked with a combination of various other vegetables such as beans, cauliflower, green peas, etc. There are lots of Masoor Dal recipes to refer to. One of them is here below.
1 cup whole Masoor Dal
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Turmeric: 1 tsp
Salt : 1 tsp
Medium sized tomatoes: 2 - 3
Oil : 1/3 cup
Chopped onion: 1
Garlic, separated, chopped finely: 4 - 5 pods
Ginger root, chopped : 1-inch
Green chilies, chopped : 2
Coriander, chopped : 1 bunch
• Rinse the dal thoroughly, until water is clear.
• In a pressure cooker add Masoor Dal, 3 - 3.5 cups of water, chopped tomatoes, turmeric, and salt.
• After 2-3 whistles, cook on a low flame for 10 minutes and then switch off.
• Open the cooker: the dal should be a thick pulpy mixture. Add more water to keep the lentils loose, if required, like the texture of a thick cream.
• If using a pan, cook the dal with the other ingredients for 30 minutes till the dal turns soft and pulpy. Stir occasionally.
• Now for the tadka, heat oil in a wok. When oil is hot, add onions and cook until tender and translucent but not browned.
• Add garlic, ginger, and chilies. Continue to fry until garlic is fully cooked. Add garam masala and chili powder.
• Do not allow spices to burn. Keep stirring until mixture starts to stick. Pour this quickly over the cooked dal.
• Keep stirring nicely to a simmer to blend the flavours. Taste and add more salt if needed. Taste and add more salt if needed.
• Garnish with chopped coriander.
Masoor Dal should be stored in a cool and dry place. A well-sealed container is the best place to store it. You can also store it for many months in the refrigerator. If you are buying in bulk, then definitely store it in the refrigerator. Always check out its colour and freshness before buying. There might be stones or insect damages in the dal. Make sure the dal you are purchasing is not cracked and is free from debris. To pick the best Dal in town, visit Terra Greens. Unlike other brands, it’s organic, more fresh and safe to consume. You can get it in all major outlets across India.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Food Blenders & Mixers Market Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast To 2025
2. How To Easily Make Refreshing Cold Coffee Beverage At Bar
Author: Dilawar Mustafa
3. Get Your Brill Bakery Products And Supplies At Stover & Company
Author: Ryan Stover
4. Celebrate Your Loving Wedding Anniversary By Sending A Best Anniversary Gift Basket
Author: DC Wine And Spirits
5. Bakery Processing Equipment Market Will Hit Big Revenues In Future
6. How Does Stone Cove Make Kitbar Experience Successful By Offering A Recess For Adults?
Author: Stone's Cove Kitbar
7. 15 Primary Ways To Cook Food To Make Life Easier For You!
Author: Anu Sawant
8. Can Alcoholics Drink Nonalcoholic Beer?
Author: Nehal Preet
9. Five Reasons To Use Frozen Fruit Pie Filling
Author: Ryan Stover
10. How All-natural Energy Drinks Help?
Author: Dexter Brown
11. Knowing To Cook? Advice That Makes It Easier
Author: Alex Arnold
12. Fresh Raw Chicken Online Delivery In Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad & Gurgaon
13. How To Prepare Criss-cross Rump Steak
Author: Daily brewed content
14. Points To Remember While Choosing Cheap Places To Eat In Prague
Author: Mark Sheldon
15. Three Reasons Behind The Popularity Of Indian Restaurants In Prague
Author: Mark Sheldon