ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Why It Is Important To Have Rice, Ghee And Sugar In Your Diet
Who can resist the aroma of pure ghee poured over piping hot rice and dal with a sprinkling of powdered organic sugar? And today, research backed scientific proclamations are directing people to the diet of our grandmothers without any guilt. Breaking myths and misconceptions of healthy and unhealthy food habits, the ‘satvik’ diet of ancient India is getting a thumb up!! Considered as ‘fatty foods’ earlier, today, rice, ghee and organic sugar have proven to provide us with an energy boost; they help in regulating metabolism, slowing down aging and are now a must-have in your daily diet.
Rice, Oryza Sativa is a species of grass, providing several essential minerals, Vitamin B, sodium, zinc etc.
Full of fiber, this gluten free cereal is a source of vital fatty acids. Brown rice is richer in nutrients as only the outermost layers or hull is removed; this helps in maintaining a healthy body weight.
Rice is full of phenolics which are full of powerful antioxidants released during digestion. A cupful of rice a day has several nutritional and health benefits. A few of them are listed below:
· Lowers cholesterol
· Protects against heart diseases
Balances action of calcium to regulate muscle tone
· Lowers metabolic syndrome
· Reduces migraines and headaches
· Lowers frequency of asthmatic attacks
· Reduces risk of Type II Diabetes
This cereal crop is a part of several cultural cuisines and is a fundamental food across the world.
Ghee or ‘gow gritha’ in Sanskrit, meaning ghee from cow’s milk should be included in a person’s daily meals. Pure cow ghee should preferably be poured over rice, dals and rotis to provide you their full nutrients. Ghee made from the milk of cows which feed on organically grown grass and greens is the most beneficial. Fats provide instant energy to the body and are essential for a balanced diet.
1 gm of fat supplies almost 9 calories, nearly double of the energy given by carbohydrates or proteins.
Thus, about 2 tps of ghee per day will give you all the nutritional benefits of this wonder food. The most misunderstood fat, ghee is a soothing unguent which not only gives a glow to the skin but has a host of other benefits, some of which are listed below:
· It facilitates absorption of essential vitamins
· Helps form spongy tissue which cushions our joints
· Dissolves wastes of body tissues and carries away toxins
· Has a healing effect on the dietary tract
· Mitigates peptic ulcers or gastritis
· Contains linoleic acid which fights fat deposits
· Increases memory
1 tsp ghee mixed with hot water, taken at bedtime is the best known purgative. As ghee gains popularity in the West, we Indians should continue to consume this essential food as a part of our daily diet.
Organic sugar is unrefined sugar made from raw sugarcane and has more nutrients as it is less processed. Full of antioxidants, amino acids, several minerals and vitamins, organic sugar or raw sugar should be included in one’s diet in moderate amounts. Better than refined white sugar, small amounts of organic sugar in your diet will give you an energy spike.
Having rice, ghee and moderate amounts of sugar as a part of your diet will keep your body healthy, your mind alert and all your organs working steadily. These foods reduce the risk of dementia & Alzheimer and protect you from free radical damage. Besides satisfying our hunger cravings, these traditional foods provide our bodies with a host of health benefits and therefore, should be incorporated in our daily diet.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Shrink Plastic Film Market Latest Trends, Growth, Opportunities And Forecast 2025
2. 5 Summer Time Smoothie Recipes For Breakfast
Author: Boss India
3. Food Emulsifiers Market – It’s Key Opportunities And Challenges
4. Weekend Eating - Out Falling Sick Loop Broken By Covid Stay At Home
Author: Satjit Kumar
5. Upcoming Growth Trends In The Textured Vegetable Protein Market
6. The Best Air Fryers In 2020
7. Red Wine: The Healthiest Alcohol You Can Drink
Author: 24 hours alcohol delivery
8. Buy Online Shisha Canada
Author: ricky lowrence
9. Specialty Fats & Oils Market: Opportunities, Trends, And Analysis
10. Covid-19 Impact On Dairy By-product Market Competitive Landscape, Trends, Forecast To 2023
Author: Nikhil khadilkar
11. How To Prepare Hong Kong Bbq Chicken
Author: Daily brewed content
12. India Food Packaging Market
13. Increasing Instances Of Foodborne Illnesses Drives Food Diagnostics Market
14. Market Leader In Pet Food Processing Market
15. Best Paneer Ahmedabad, Milkmor India, A2 Cow Milk