ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Jowar Flour And Its Health Benefits
Jowar is known to humankind since ancient ages. It belongs to millet family. Jowar is the Indian name for the millet Sorghum. The grains were a staple diet of farmers in many parts of India. However, with the passage of time and with the introduction of other grains, Jowar lost its prime position on the dining table. But modern research and its time-tested health benefits are restoring its past glory.
These white millets can be consumed by preparing various delicious recipes. Jowar grains can be boiled and stews or soups can be prepared.
The white grains can be ground into fine powder and can be used as flour for making bhakris or bread. Jowar flour is used to make sumptuous omelette and dosa which are easy to digest by both the children and elderly alike.
Health Benefits of Jowar flour:
The nutritive value of Jowar is high. It is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. These gluten-free millets are loaded with high amounts of fibre. Fibre helps keep the stomach full and aids in maintaining the proper functioning of the digestive tract. A fibre rich diet lowers the risk of obesity, stroke, etc.
Jowar flour contains high amounts of iron. Iron is essential for the body to produce energy and red blood cells. It also contains good amounts of phytochemicals, which help prevent and treat various types of cancer. Theses phytochemicals lower the risk of heart diseases too.
Anthocyanins are also present in the Jowar, which help the body prevent damage from free radicals, which are harmful and can lead to cancer, boost ageing process, heart diseases and much more. Jowar also aids in lowering the cholesterol levels.
Antioxidants and phenolic content in Jowar regulate insulin and glucose level in the body. Jowar consumption is thus helpful for those who are diabetic patients. As the jowar is gluten free, it is beneficial to those who have celiac disease. It is, in fact, a boon to people with gluten sensitivity.
Jowar is a rich source of vitamins and the health benefits of jowar flour are extensive. It is a good source of vitamins like Thiamin, Riboflavin, and Niacin.
This white millet also provides phosphorous, which is an essential nutrient required by the body for the growth and maintenance of bones. It plays an important role in triggering various enzymes and hormones. This mineral is present in Sorghum as phytate. Apart from this, it provides rich amounts of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Jowar contains a high content of calcium as well. As the Jowar has plenty of nutrients, it is added to other cereal flour to increase the nutritive value.
The bland taste of the jowar blends with any of the cereal flour making it more nutritious. Always buy organic jowar flour from the organic quality manufacturers and suppliers like Terra Greens.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Novozymes (denmark) And Basf (germany) Are The Key Players In The Enzymes Market
2. Major Players In The Malt Extracts And Ingredients Market
3. 9 Styles Of Chai Preparations That You Are Depriving Yourself Of
Author: Halmari Tea
4. T-fal Actibread Bread Machine Review
Author: Ryan Hall
5. U.s. Companies Exploring The Indian Market
Author: Susta India
6. Join Nfci Cooking Classes In Chandigarh – Best Hotel Management Institute
Author: smith angel
7. 5 Simple Techniques For Bikaneri Bhujia Packet
Author: Priniti Foods Pvt Ltd
8. Top Tips Before Going For Dining In Gold Coast Restaurants
Author: Backbone Bar
9. Covid-19 Impact On Water-soluble Fertilizer Industry Trends, Growth, Opportunity Assessment
Author: Nikhil khadilkar
10. Covid-19 Impact On Sugar Confectionery Industry Analysis, Supply Chain, Global Qualitative Insight
Author: Nikhil khadilkar
11. Market Leaders In Food Diagnostics Market
12. Restaurant Online Ordering App & Ordering Systems
13. Food As Medicine – Eating Properly For Immunity And Health
Author: Satjit Kumar
14. Mango Dehydrator Dehydrates The Mangoes Properly!
Author: James Rodriguez
15. Asia Pacific To Dominate The Plant Extracts Market, By Application, Throughout 2025