ALL >> Health >> View Article
Roles Of A Pathology Lab Technician
A pathology laboratory is a place that uses the aid of disciplines like chemistry, haematology and microbiology to diagnose various bodily fluids like blood, urine and even tissues sometimes. To ensure the proper functioning and overlooking the procedures, a pathology lab technician is necessary. He/she must have the required educational training to initiate a career in it. Some of the prerequisites of a pathology lab technician are-
1.An associate degree
2.Must have a degree in laboratory science
3.License recognised by the state
4.Preferably some years of experience.
Apart from these, there are certain fixed functions or roles that a pathology lab technician must perform or at least strive to. They are-
1.Store and examine the specimen
The primary role of any pathology lab technician is to prepare assiduously, store and examine the collected specimens. Though their place of work may vary, ranging from a pathological laboratory to a diagnostic clinic , their work remains largely similar.
2.Operate laboratory equipment
Pathology lab technicians must have the capacity and the capability to operate laboratory equipment. They must also be equipped enough to conduct lab test without the aid of elaborate devices and by merely following certain directions.
It is the task of a laboratory technician to prepare samples on which further tests are performed. The result and the diagnosis are completely reliant on the proper and careful preparation of the samples;therefore this must be prepared with utmost care and efficiency.
4. Specialising in a particular form of test
Sometimes, the technicians are required to specialise in aparticular form of tests. For instance, there may be few technicians who would concern themselves only with blood samples while others may look into the examination of tissues. Such distribution of work ensures increased productivityas well as facilitates specialisation.
All laboratory technicians, irrespective of their field of specialisation must not only be able enough to prepare the samples and trigger the diagnosis but must also have the ability to communicate the results properly with their supervisors. The accuracy of the result depends on both the fronts, and not just the former as it is believed to be.
Health Articles1. Blood Sugar Health Promotion | Anti Inflammatory Nutritional Supplements
Author: David Seaman
2. Vijay Dental Madinaguda | Dental Hospital| Dentist Near Me
Author: Vijay Dental
3. Tumor Endoscopy Doctor In Ahmedabad
Author: Dr. Gautam Tamboliya
4. Top Colonoscopy Doctor In Ahmedabad
Author: Dr Gautam Tamboliya
5. Manage Stress With The Help Of The Best Psychiatry In Jaipur | Health Gennie
Author: Health Gennie
6. Why Do You Think Dental Implants Are The Best Choice For Tooth Replacement?
Author: Dexter Brown
7. Top Reasons Why Dental Implants Are An Excellent Investment!
Author: Paulo Pinho
8. Ayurvedic Remedies To Fight Covid-19 Caused By Coronavirus: Dr.vaidya's
Author: Mishaal Nathani
9. Malnutrition And Poor Diets Are The Major Factors Driving The Growth Of The Global Nutritional Analy
10. Cenforce D
11. The Necessity Of Carrying A Personal Massager While Working Out
Author: Dexter Brown
12. List Of Sanitizing Items To Make A Germaphobe Ease While Journey
Author: Panji zinzera
13. A Complete Guide To Using Teeth Whitening Pens
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
14. Three Million-year-old Brain Imprints Indicate That Australopithecus Afarensis Babies May Have Had A
Author: Giorgi Burdzenidze
15. Cosmetics Dentistry
Author: waqas khattak