ALL >> Health >> View Article
Roles Of A Pathology Lab Technician
A pathology laboratory is a place that uses the aid of disciplines like chemistry, haematology and microbiology to diagnose various bodily fluids like blood, urine and even tissues sometimes. To ensure the proper functioning and overlooking the procedures, a pathology lab technician is necessary. He/she must have the required educational training to initiate a career in it. Some of the prerequisites of a pathology lab technician are-
1.An associate degree
2.Must have a degree in laboratory science
3.License recognised by the state
4.Preferably some years of experience.
Apart from these, there are certain fixed functions or roles that a pathology lab technician must perform or at least strive to. They are-
1.Store and examine the specimen
The primary role of any pathology lab technician is to prepare assiduously, store and examine the collected specimens. Though their place of work may vary, ranging from a pathological laboratory to a diagnostic clinic , their work remains largely similar.
2.Operate laboratory equipment
Pathology lab technicians must have the capacity and the capability to operate laboratory equipment. They must also be equipped enough to conduct lab test without the aid of elaborate devices and by merely following certain directions.
It is the task of a laboratory technician to prepare samples on which further tests are performed. The result and the diagnosis are completely reliant on the proper and careful preparation of the samples;therefore this must be prepared with utmost care and efficiency.
4. Specialising in a particular form of test
Sometimes, the technicians are required to specialise in aparticular form of tests. For instance, there may be few technicians who would concern themselves only with blood samples while others may look into the examination of tissues. Such distribution of work ensures increased productivityas well as facilitates specialisation.
All laboratory technicians, irrespective of their field of specialisation must not only be able enough to prepare the samples and trigger the diagnosis but must also have the ability to communicate the results properly with their supervisors. The accuracy of the result depends on both the fronts, and not just the former as it is believed to be.
Health Articles1. How Blogging Can Help Make Acupuncture A Popular Treatment Alternative
Author: Seth Aslatt
2. When Can I Use Mouthwash After A Tooth Extraction
Author: James Franklin
3. Everything You Need To Know About Wisdom Teeth Removal And Dry Socket
Author: Paulo Pinho
4. Why Should You Opt For Laser Spine Surgery?
Author: Shawn Lunden
5. The Benefits Of Manscaping And How To Do It
Author: John Dugan
6. Diabetologist Doctor In Delhi
Author: Jyoti Monga
7. An Honest Perspective On 10 Day Drink Ketones Challenge
8. Pruvit Vs Advocare - An Overview
9. Choosing Pruvit Referral Code Is Simple
10. An Unbiased Perspective On Pruvit Reboot
11. Facts, Fiction And Pruvit Ketones
12. The Pruvit Keto Os Samples Cover Up
13. The Basic Facts Of Pruvit Coupon Code
14. Here's What I Know About Pruvit Compensation Plan
15. What You Need To Do About Pruvit Beginning In The Next 4 Minutes