ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
The History Of Shorts
Shorts are shortened version of trousers. This is a type of clothing that does not cover the entire length of the leg. Both men and women to cover up the upper part of the legs use it and other cuts of this clothing extends below the knee.
Shorts are type of clothing that is easy to wear and comfortable to use. It can be used as an undergarment too. Discussed below is the history of shorts, this will give you enough understanding how classic shorts transcends to nowadays' high fashion shorts.
Shorts originated from Europe and United States during the 19th century, young boys used to wear shorts before they attain their maturity age. The shorts serve as their main clothes during young age but when they have reached puberty age, they will be given their first pair of long trousers. During this century, men avoid wearing shorts due to the fact they were afraid of looking immature.
Women during early years are not allowed to wear shorts. It serves as a taboo in most cultures and nations. In some cultures, wearing short garments were not allowed because of the social norms that they follow.
Knee pants are the early type of short pants during the year 1890s. American boys with collaboration of short stockings mostly wear this type of shorts. Moreover, during the year 1900s, American boys began wearing knickerbockers. In addition, during this year, more Europeans wore short pants. Moreover, during 1930s, men and women used to wear shorts outdoor for fitness and athletic purposes, but, it is still a taboo to use shorts outside this activities.
Adult men wore shorts during World War II. However, even if shorts are mainly worn for younger boys, men during this time have used shorts especially during summer weather. Several decades have passed before the idealism on wearing shorts changes. During the late 20th century, more and more men wore shorts during summer.
Nowadays, different people at all ages wear shorts. Even women can use shorts without thinking that it is a taboo in their culture. Moreover, you need to know the tips in wearing shorts if you want to use this clothing properly.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Get The Best Style Statement From Tailor Style
Author: Tailor Style
2. Key Features Of Printed Vivo Z1 Pro Back Cover
Author: Inaaya Jain
3. Human Hair Extensions Online
Author: human hair extensions online
4. How I Found Designer Lehenga Of My Dream By Sabyasachi?
Author: Shivani Kardham
5. 6 Best Cotton Beach Bags To Carry Your Beach Belongings
Author: Robert Brown
6. Choosing The Very Best Bridesmaid Dresses
7. Awesome Party Wear Kurtis To Wear In Summer Party
8. Best Boys Dresses In Udaipur
9. Top Quality Custom Made Tartan Skirts
Author: Abella Ava
10. Designer Clutches: A Great Way To Complete Your Evening Look
11. Advantages Of Recycled Clothing
Author: PTJ Trend
12. Buy Bridal Salwar Suit Online - Aasvaa
13. Structuring Your Own Custom T-shirt Through Kelowna Printing
Author: Liam Noah
14. Buy Redmi Note 7s Back Cover Online At An Affordable Price
Author: Rajat Mishra
15. Top 7 Designer Lehengas For Wedding Season
Author: Shivani Kardham