ALL >> System-Network-Administration >> View Article
Subnet Masking | Wisemonkeys
Subnet masks are used to design subnetworks, or subnets, that connect local networks. It determines both the number and size of subnets where the size of a subnet is the number of hosts that can be addressed.
In simplistic terms, you can create a subnet mask by taking the 32-bit value of an existing IP address, choosing how many subnets you want to create or alternatively, how many nodes you need on each subnet, and then setting all subsequent network bits to “1” and host bits to “0”. The resulting 32-bit value is your subnet mask.
A subnet mask also pinpoints the endpoints of the range of IP addresses for a subnet. In any given network, two host addresses are always reserved for special purposes. The “0” address becomes the network address or network identification and the “255” address is assigned as a broadcast address. These cannot be assigned to a host.
Wisemonkeys,(https://wisemonkeys.info/) is an LMS platform with unique features like “Ask a question” and get it answers by experts within no time . It’s a mass initiative to spread knowledge worldwide, truly believe in “When ...
... we know knowledge is free then why not spread it.” From various sectors to industries, write your heart out and get noticed.
Explore Wisemonkeys now.(https://me.wisemonkeys.info/login)
For the Monkeys | By the Monkeys.
System/Network Administration Articles1. Four Ways Automated Invoice Processing Can Reduce Payment Fraud
Author: Jessica Boland
2. Top Benefits Of Hiring Phone Answering Services
Author: Eliza Garran
3. Advantage Of Inbound Call Center System
4. How To Secure Your Website: The Top 10 Best Practices
Author: Harry Smith
5. Future-proofing Workspaces: Projections And Challenges In The Digital Workplace Market
Author: akash shinde
6. Grow Your Insight Skyline About The Hard Gold Pcb
7. Exact However Nitty Gritty Manual For Gold Finger Pcb
8. Navigating The World Of Ip Address Lookup Apis
Author: Meenal Aggarwal
9. What Is Driving Directions?
10. The Essential Guide To Designing And Manufacturing Of Pcb Prototype
11. Now About The Importance Of Backplane Pcbs
12. What Are Mtp/mpo Cables And How To Use Them?
13. Navigating The Cost Of Pcbs
14. Quick Turn Pcb: Accelerating Innovation In Electronics Manufacturing
15. Know About The Cyber Dfars Clause And System Security Plans
Author: Ariento Inc