ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Rise Of Basketball In India
Evolution of basket ball and infrastructure
Basketball is a very popular sport all over the world, it started in 1891 as a replacement for American football and was seen as a less injury-prone indoor sport. It was created to keep Athletes in good shape during the winters, slowly it became popular and became a self-sufficient sport.
The 1st professional basketball league came into existence in 1898.
Slowly basketball became a popular game and was introduced in the 1936 Berlin Olympics, but it was played on an outdoor tennis court, as sports flooring was not a thing back then.
Basketball when started was played with a football, but because of unstable dribbling, it was replaced by what we know as a basketball now, which was 1st manufactured in 1894 by a cycle manufacturing company.
Basketball was very different earlier, the matches were short, dribbling wasn’t allowed, fouls were allowed, and the number of players was more than what we know now.
The standard NBA floor is made from Acer Saccharum, also known as hard maple. This special ...
... type is harder than most hardwoods and has a light colour.
The standard NBA floor is Around a 120' x 60' slab of wood with a 94' x 50' court painted on it. This is a basket court dimension.
Ideally, basketball is played indoor. An indoor basketball court has a flooring that is made of wood but in many countries especially countries like India basketball is mostly played outdoors on a concrete court, there are very few indoor courts in India.
Outdoor basketball court construction is very different from indoor flooring.
Concrete is capable of withstanding extreme heat/cold weather, provided it has been installed correctly with barrier and sealant.
concrete can also be painted using acrylic re-surfacing paint, adding free throw lines, a key, and three-point lines. The issue with concrete courts is the safety of their players, concrete is hard for knees leading to long-term injury, and concrete base, if not done properly, can crack or chip off in a few years.
Different types of basketball courts
1: Hardwood Surfacing
Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular options for basketball courts made using fine fibers of dense wood (made from maple wood mostly)
When installed appropriately, a hardwood basketball court looks aesthetically Pleasing. NBA stadiums have hardwood floorings.
• Hardwood’s tightly packed grains offer a smooth surface with no room for grime or dirt to hide.
• This surface is anti-skid properties, giving an advantage to players good at dribbling.
• The durability of hardwood is very high, if not exposed to hot weather or water deposits
• The ball’s response on hardwood is exceptionally good
• The cost of hardwood flooring is expensive
• Not fit for outdoor use
2: Asphalt Surfacing
Most courts in public parks and outdoor community centers or schools have asphalt surfacing.
This surfacing is a combination of fine sand and oil. Lower installation costs make it an ideal option for outdoor basketball courts.
• Asphalt is a recyclable
• The installation cost of the asphalt court is cost-effective.
• Basketball bounces higher and faster on an asphalt court.
• Asphalt if not done properly can chip and cracks can appear on the surface
• needs regular maintenance.
• The impact of falls is high on asphalt basketball courts. This over a long time can damage the ankle and knee joints of players.
• Hard surface and long use of this van lead to knee pains
3: Multi-Purpose Plastic Surfacing
Many schools use the court for different activities for such things multi-purpose flooring is a good option.
Multi-purpose flooring is made from a combination of asphalt and concrete. Concrete mixed with asphalt offers a sturdy foundation.
materials used for the upper surfacing of multi-purpose courts are
• Acrylic: The acrylic layer is easy-to-install and has high durability. Besides, it is elastic, non-slippery, and low-cost maintenance.
• Tartan: Tartan is a commonly used material for multi-purpose flooring. It has high durability and elasticity. it has an anti-skid and gives maximum grip to players.
• Polyurethane: This is inexpensive and durable. It provides an even surface to players for superior grip. most multi-purpose floorings use polyurethane.
• Multi-purpose floorings can withstand heavy foot traffic.
• The installation cost of these floorings is cheaper than others
• easy to clean and maintain.
• durable, elastic, and offers superior grip
• This flooring gets damaged when exposed to heat.
• needs resurfacing within a couple of years when used for outdoor basketball flooring.
4: Rubber Surfacing
The rubber material is a top standard for high-performance basketball court surfacing.
The rubber surfacing gives extra cushioning to reduce the impact of falls.
the flooring has a high shock absorption capacity
• Rubber surfacing has high durability. It doesn’t splinter by high-intensity movements of basketball players.
• The material can sustain extreme weather conditions, minimizing wear and tear.
• The surfacing is skid-proof and provides sturdy ground for superior grip.
• The cost of rubber surfacing is expensive. maintenance costs in the long term are less.
• The upper layer of the rubber court becomes dull with time.
Basketball in India
Basketball in India has been around since the 1950s, it is growing in popularity every year with infrastructure developments every decade with proper sports Infrastructure contractors and sports flooring companies.
These courts can be made in India as per the requirement of the client and as per the availably of land (indoor and outdoor).
Basketball is a popular sport in India and is played in most schools / colleges in India. The overall size of a High School Basketball court Flooring is typically 84 feet long and 50 feet wide.
The sports flooring companies in India have changed the game of developing infrastructure in India.
When installed correctly or refurbished by the right contractor, we can improve the already existing sports infrastructure in the country and can make better infrastructure for future generations to get our Athletes ready for world standards and win medals at the international level.
A top sports infrastructure company in India that is partnered with the best quality synthetic product manufacturers to deliver you the finest of sports surfaces. The best-experienced applicators and qualified engineers perfect the art of constructing world-class sports facilities, that can produce the next generation of international sports stars for the nation. Sports Contractors developing international standard outdoor and indoor courts. Because of this OLYMPIADOS is a top sports flooring company in India. Please Contact Us: https://olympiados.in/ 7822889874
Sports Articles1. What Types Of Coaching Are There?
2. How Do You Choose The Best Bike Then?
3. Catch All Spicy News From Cricket World
4. Fish In All Weather Conditions With Hatch Fly Reels
Author: Rogers Stevens
5. What Do You Need To Be Successful At A Tennis Academy?
Author: Jones Smith
6. Top 4 Health Benefits Of Mountain Biking
Author: kylian bridger
7. Why Is Ism Academy Becoming So Popular In Dubai?
Author: ISM Sports
8. Why Take Tennis Lessons In Dubai?
Author: ISM Sports
9. Best Tennis & Football Lessons In Dubai @ Ism Sports
10. Advanced Kitesurfing Tips And Tricks
Author: Kajal Walia
11. Is Sup Paddle Board
12. Why Concrete Base Is Not A Concrete Solution For Outdoor Sport
Author: Olympiados Sports Infrastructure
13. Benefits Of Live Cricket Streaming Hd Online
Author: Devis Morin
14. Wearing A Cheer Uniform Can Make You Feel More Cheerful
15. India's Best Online Portal For Custom Sportswear