ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Check Your Eligibility To Apply For Tier 2 General Visa
Tier 2 General Visa
You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’ve been offered a talented job within the UK and you’re from outside the ecu Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
The Tier 2 (General) category is for foreign nationals who are offered a talented job to fill a niche within the workforce that can't be filled by a settled worker.
Tier 2 General may be a Point Based Category and points are often awarded for
Been granted a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS),
Earning appropriate Salary,
Meeting English academic requirement and
Having relevant funds for maintenance.
If you would like to use for a Tier 2 General visa, you want to be sponsored by a UK employer who has the Tier 2 sponsor license. The applicant must suits all the wants of codes of practice for employers including the work level, minimum salary, meeting English and maintenance funds.
Initial Entry Clearance
For entry clearance as a Tier 2 General Migrant, usually, a restricted Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) ...
... is required unless
job is on the shortage occupations list or
prospective salary to be paid to the Tier 2 Migrant is £159,600 or more once a year
There is an annual limit on the amount of Certificates of Sponsorship available under Tier 2 (General) for the restricted Certificate of Sponsorships.
Unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) where salary offered is £ 159,600 or higher aren't covered under any quota limits.
Resident Labour Market Test
Should the employer make an application for you under the restricted CoS, then the employer will got to provide evidence to the UKVI of a Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) being administered .
The resident labour market test is there to guard the settled workforce and means the employer must advertise the work to offer settled workers an opportunity to use . they will only recruit a migrant if:
a) RLMT is completed as per the provided instructions and therefore the employer can demonstrate that no suitable settled worker is out there to fill the work , or
b)the job is exempt from the resident labour market test. (e.g. where salary offered is £ 159,600 or higher).
To complete an RLMT for any job within the Tier 2 (General) category, the employer must place two job advertisements using the methods permitted by the UKVI.
1) Jobs must be advertised with the work Centre and
2) National Newspaper – which must be published a minimum of once every week and is marketed throughout the united kingdom or throughout the devolved nation during which the work is found or
3) Professional Journal – which is published for a specific field and is out there nationally either through shops or subscriptions. The journal must be published a minimum of once a month and be relevant to the character of the work . or
4) Internet – there are not any restrictions on the precise website but it must be a web version of a national newspaper, a web version of knowledgeable journal or the web site of a prominent or professional recruitment organization. or
5) Organization's which have over 250 permanent employees within the UK also are permitted to advertise the work on their own website.
Dependents of Tier 2 General migrant
Family members of migrants who are within the UK as Tier 2 General visa holder would be allowed to enter the united kingdom as dependents if they're from outside European Economic Area (EEA).
A ‘dependant’ is any of the following:
husband, wife or partner
child under 18
child over 18 if they’re currently within the UK as a dependant
Dependants applying from outside the united kingdom
If the dependants meet all the relevant requirement of the dependant visa, then they might be required to use online. And also would be required to possess their fingerprints and photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken at a visa application centre as a part of their application.
Dependants applying within the UK
In certain cases the dependants can apply to increase or switch their visas to remain with the migrant if they’re already within the UK. they ought to apply using the dependant form .
They can apply at an equivalent time because the primary applicant or at a later date by post, or face to face at a premium service centre.
While applying for dependent visa it's impossible for the applicant to ‘switch’ the visa from within the united kingdom , this suggests that relations can’t apply within the UK as dependant if they hold a visitor visa and have entered the country on a visitor visa. The applicants are going to be required to return to their home country to form a fresh application.
The visa is granted for an equivalent duration because the visa of the most applicant.
For dependant children all arrangements for children’s care and accommodation within the uk must suits relevant uk legislation and regulations.
For all dependant visa applications it's necessary to point out that the applicant and therefore the sponsor are going to be ready to support themselves with none recourse to public funds. this is often also called because the maintenance funds requirement.
To check your eligibility to use for Tier 2 visas or Tier 2 sponsor license we might advise you to book a meeting with our Solicitors based in London | Mumbai | Delhi | Chandigarh | Vadodara | Bangalore on +91 9819 127 002 to debate the merits of your case.
Legal Articles1. Latest Oct 2021 Entry Rules Eased For Indians In The Uk
2. Quick Tips In Getting Florida Arrest Records
Author: Missy Lauren
3. Details You Need To Know About Defective Drugs And Medical Devices Law
4. Gold Buyers In Bangalore
Author: Ambica Gold Buyers
5. Child Custody - The Process Of Obtaining Custody Of Your Children
Author: Grant Gisondo
6. Legal Services For Business
Author: Nerijus Lukas
7. Best Uk Spouse Visa Consultants In India
8. Uk Visa Refusal Appeal Or Reapply Consultant In India
9. Reasons To Work At Boutique Law Firms Singapore
Author: Karan Kapoor
10. 5 Tips To Choose A Criminal Defense Lawyer In Singapore
Author: Bishop Law
11. The Most Important Issues In Trademark Law
Author: The Hollywood Lawyer
12. How Disability Benefits Can Affect Your Family
Author: James C. Miller
13. Things To Know While Applying For A Uk Returning Resident Visa
14. Know The Tips For Making A Successful Uk Spouse Visa Application
15. Professional Locksmiths – A Complete Guide On Hiring Them Easily
Author: John Carter