ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
What Makes Kota Doria Sarees Special?
Handloom sarees like Chanderi, Kalamkari, Cotton Silk, Hand block print & Kota Doria sarees are steadily gaining prominence in the market due to their alluring designs, exquisite fabric & proximity to the Indian culture.
Most sarees these days are made using machines like power looms & other technologies. While this does help in manufacturing more sarees, the resulting outfits cannot be compared to the magnificent handicraft sarees like Kota Doria. So, why are sarees like Kota Doria special? Read on to find out!
What are Kota Doria Sarees?
Kota Dori or Kota Doria Sarees are characterized by an innovative blend of silk & cotton saree material. These sarees usually come in check patterns. While the cotton provides strength, the silk provides the shine to the saree.
As the name implies, these sarees have their origins in Kota, Rajasthan. However, this wasn’t the case initially as these outfits were first made in Mysore by weavers known as Masuria. But, in the 18th century, these weavers were brought to Kota by Rao Kishore Singh (a general of the Mughal Army during the reign of Shahjahan). ...
... The collaboration between the two states brought forth today’s Kota Doria Sarees.
Why are Kota Doria Handloom Sarees Special?
These sarees carry a special pattern of checks known as Khat. These patterns make the Kota Doria saree stand out from the rest of the sarees.
The Hadauti region’s Ansari community is primarily known for making these beautiful sarees. Apart from these other southern districts of Rajasthan like Baran & Baran are also involved in the making of these sarees.
Kota Doria saree features a fine weave & is pretty lightweight. The royalty of Rajashtan preferred this fabric in the olden days as it seamlessly portrayed style & grace. Initially, these sarees were available in beige & white color. However, with time artisans & craftsmen introduced more colors, adornments, beautiful designs & alluring patterns.
Kota Doria Handloom Sarees are available in various styles like Zari, Printed & Basic. Therefore, you can wear these sarees for different types of occasions depending on the type of saree you choose. These sarees can be easily paired with wonderful accessories to amp up your look.
These are some of the prominent reasons that make Kota Doria Sarees special.
Resource By- https://triyah.com/collections/kota-doria
Fashion/Costume Articles1. How To Find The Perfect Engagement Or Wedding Ring From Bespoke Jewellery Designers In Scotland
Author: Darren White
2. The Meaning Of Exchanging Wedding Rings And Things To Consider When Choosing Men's Wedding Bands In The Uk
Author: Darren White
3. Reasons Why You Need To Wear Socks With Dance Shoes
Author: Tanja Filipovska
4. Antique Vs. Reproduction
Author: Elaine Gesner
5. Hermes Scarves
Author: Lisa Wilson
6. Guide To Select The Best Colour Combination For Men Selecting A Color Combination For Clothing Can Be An Overwhelming Process. This Is Because The Op
Author: Fashion Studio
7. Cool Graphic Xxxxxl T Shirts: Affordable, Comfortable And Stylish
Author: Prachi Verma
8. Volevamo Che Il Nostro Matrimonio Ci Sentisse Davvero
Author: La coppia ha celebrato il loro matrimonio al Liber
9. New Generation Started Offering Free Sample Hats To Its Clients To Benefit Them
Author: Evan Smith
10. 10 Indian Women Who Are Making The World Crazy With Their Beauty
Author: Sanskriti Khanna
11. Interesting Facts About Beaded Gemstone Jewelry
Author: Sliver Street Jewellers
12. Why Today Kids Are Smarter Than Ever
13. A Simple Gold Band Will Increase The Glamour Of Your Finger
Author: Donnell Dean
14. Making Kaftan Official Uniform In Loungewear Section For 2021
15. Step Into The World Of Fashion With Long Sleeves T-shirts
Author: Avadhi Gupta