ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Supercapacitors Market - Growth, Trends, Covid-19 Impact, And Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
Power loss concern in traditional batteries has been a significant issue raised in many countries as well. Moreover, the zero-emission shift trend is enabling automotive manufacturers to invest in Hybrid EVs and EVs. This accounts for a significant opportunity for supercapacitors as automotive demand is anticipated to be largely driven by the amount of electrification in vehicles.
- Increasing demand for renewable energy solutionsâ€‹ drives the market. There are upgradations to power generation from renewable resources to reduce the rapid depletion of natural resources, which is expected to drive the market for supercapacitors in the coming years. Governments and enterprises across the globe have announced their commitment to adding around 826GW of new non-hydro renewable power capacity by 2030. An estimated cost of USD 1 trillion is expected to be incurred on the same. According to the Global Trends report, about USD 2.7 trillion as already invested during the 2010-2019 decade.â€‹
- Wind turbines use supercapacitors for wind turbine pitch control. For instance, a leading wind turbine manufacturer, Suzlon, ...
... is using supercapacitors for its wind turbines. Due to the increasing awareness and proven efficiency of supercapacitors, an increase in the use of supercapacitors for wind turbines is expected to occur across the world.â€‹
- Further, primarily owing to the increased adoption in consumer electronics, the demand for supercapacitors increased significantly over the past few years. For instance, Samsung's Galaxy Note 9 came with a nifty new feature: the S Pen stylus Bluetooth, and could be charged instantly using a supercapacitor. Several smartphone manufacturers invested in next-gen battery design to better protect against drops and weather conditions that drove smartphone supercapacitors' growth.
- Further, In recent years, communication systems in telecom and space have propelled the demand for supercapacitors. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), at its Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC), developed the technology for processing supercapacitors (2.5 V) of varying capacitance values viz., 5 F, 120 F, 350 F, and 500 F, catering to specific applications related to space and societal needs.
- However, the COVID-19 outbreak and recent lockdown across the globe have affected the manufacturing activities, especially in Asia -Pacific, where a significant portion of the global supercapacitors and electrode materials are manufactured. Although in May 2020, many of these manufacturing sites resumed their operations, the disruptions caused in starting four months in 2020 could result in order delays and lead time across the supercapacitor's supply chain during 2020.
- Also, due to the non-operational status of various industries across the world, the global demand for energy declined significantly. This is expected to influence the revenues of the power and utility industry vendors. For instance, according to Axios, the demand for energy post-COVID-19 outbreak increased from residential sectors. It is also expected that the sector will witness a minimum decline of 25% in demand from the education and commercial buildings. Such developments are expected to influence the supercapacitors market until the end of 2020.â€‹
Key Market Trends
Energy & Utilities to Hold a Significant Share
- The global energy crisis is opting for renewable and lasting energy sources, which may eventually replace fossil fuels. Supercapacitors/ultracapacitors are an important part of the solution to store and recycle energy. These systems have the unique ability to temporarily store a large amount of energy provided by the cyclical nature of wind, solar, and wave type systems.
- In solar photovoltaic applications, battery replacement after every three to seven years is necessary, as they tend to wear out. The use of a supercapacitor eliminates this need for frequent maintenance and replacement. Also, energy efficiency is a key aspect of producing renewable energy, and supercapacitors demonstrate higher charge efficiency than batteries. Over the past few years, there has been an increase in solar powerplants, with several new installed capacities in 2018, driving the market for the renewable energy sector.
- Also, the utilities are one of the significant end-user markets for supercapacitors. With the rising energy concerns and increasing technological advancement, the adoption of supercapacitors is witnessing a surge, especially in the emerging economies. Like generator bridging, their applications, ramping and regulation, primary frequency response, and voltage sag mitigation, are also providing a grid or microgrid monitoring and stabilization.
- Further, according to the US Energy Storage Monitor Utility, scale energy storage is a nascent, but rapidly growing market, and is expected to reach over USD 1 billion by 2020, in the United States alone; hence, offering a potential market to target for supercapacitors. Additionally, internal backup power is another application emerging in the market. Therefore, with the steadily increasing deployment of smart meters, power backup for electric and gas meters garners more attention.
- Furthermore, in France, in the first half of 2019, 19MW of new projects related to solar generation capacity was recorded, thus making a 12% expansion in the northern region. SER-Solar estimates that 1.5-1.7 GW of PV Project Capacity will be connected in 2020, and it will extend to 2-2.4GW in 2021. Such trends are further expected to drive the demand for supercapacitors in the country.â€‹
Asia-Pacific Expected to be the Fastest Growing Region
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region. The automotive industry has been growing rapidly in China, and the country is playing an increasingly important role in the global automotive market. The Government of China views its automotive industry, including the auto parts sector, as one of its pillar industries. The Central Government of China expects China's automobile output to reach 30 million units by 2020 and 35 million units by 2025.
- The popularity of EVs is growing worldwide, and China is regarded as the dominant adopter of electric vehicles. The 13th Five-Year Plan of China promotes green transportation solutions, such as hybrid and electric vehicles, to advance the country's transportation sector. The country is an early adopter of new technology that supports electric vehicles.
- Further, as part of its smart grid initiatives, South Korea started a smart grid pilot project on Jeju Island to investigate a smart grid network's potential and effects. South Korean utility provider, S.K E&S, and telecom firm, S.K telecom, entered a deal with Semtech to deploy advanced metering infrastructure systems in the provinces of Busan, Seoul, and Gangwon. South Korea is currently conducting trials, post which the government plans to deploy significant rollouts, resulting in a substantial peak in demand for smart gas meters after 2018. Hence, the growing applications of supercapacitors in such areas are expected to drive the region's growth.
- Moreover, in Australia, Cap-XX Limited primarily manufactures electronic capacitors, especially supercapacitors, with high energy density and power density, in small-sized flat packages. The company's focus lies on making thin capacitors and producing a thin-line range of 0.2 mm. In December 2019, CAP-XX acquired Murata's supercapacitor production lines and relocated them from Japan to Australia (Sydney). This shift was completed by June 2020. This is likely to further enhance the DMT series of Murata, which offers supercapacitors suited for extreme applications, such as solid-state drives and automotive applications. â€‹
- Further, the growth of the supercapacitor market in India is expected to be driven by automotive applications, such as regenerative braking, start-and-stop systems, and the powering of on-board electronic features. Many companies, such as Tata Motors and KPIT Technologies, are already exploring supercapacitors as an alternative energy storage option for their electric vehicles. â€‹
The supercapacitors market is competitive and consists of several major players. The market comprises long-standing established players who have made significant investments in the product. In terms of market share, few major players currently dominate the market. These major players, with a prominent share in the market, focus on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and profitability. Key players are Eaton Corporation PLC, Maxwell Technologies, Inc. (Tesla Inc.), and others. Recent developments in the market are -
- April 2020 - Skeleton Technologies Inc. partnered with Taltech and Tartu University to develop flexible ultracapacitors. The project is supported by the European Space Agency (ESA). The new types of ultracapacitors are specifically being developed for space technology because they are flexible, light, and at the same time, very strong. Researchers are using Curved Graphene to make bendable electrodes, which can be made into any shape. â€‹
- April 2020 - Electrochem Solution, an Integer Holdings Corporation (ITGR) company, and Nanoramic Laboratories announced that the two companies had signed a technology licensing partnership that allows Electrochem to manufacture, sell and distribute Nanoramic's FastCAP EE Series ultracapacitors worldwide.â€‹
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
For sample report please visit : https://www.statzyreports.com/report/sr497074/supercapacitors-market
Public Relations Manager
Email : email@example.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
(IN) - +918484035727
(US) - +1415-871-0483
Website : www.statzyreports.com
StatzyReports is the premier global market research and business reports company based in India. StatzyReports.com functions under Statzy Market Research. We offer our expertise globally in services related to market research, business strategy consulting, surveys or questionnaire, forecast and statistical data analysis. Our experience working with major business and customer driven companies enabled us to develop some of the best winning strategies for succeeding in various global markets. Our globally renowned experts mastered the art of perfection with their unique skillset and vast experience in research and data analytics.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Leverage Test Automation And Improve Quality
Author: Arun Pratap
2. Steps To Create Your Resilient On-demand Home Service App Like Urban Company
Author: sherly dazz
3. Why Outsourcing Ambulatory Surgical Center (asc) Billing Works
Author: Danny John
4. How To Retain Drivers For Your Fleet Business?
Author: zeeshan zaheer
5. Nu Flow Tech Shares Historic Overview On Their Premium Epoxy Solution
Author: Nu Flow Tech
6. Familiarize Yourself With The Beautiful Benefits Of Nu Flow Tech’s Advanced Solutions
Author: Nu Flow Tech
7. Amazon Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) Review: Alexa Is Watching You
Author: elina john
8. Want To Check The Screen Resolution In Windows 10? Here’s How To Do So
Author: Elisa Wilson
9. Guide To Resolve The Bellsouth Email Not Working On Android Issue
Author: Chloe Bennet
10. Prioritizing Patient Engagement
Author: Danny John
11. Top 5 Ehrs Used By Chiropractors
Author: Danny John
12. How To Choose Reliable Online Shopping Site When Buying Refurbished Gadgets?
Author: Angelika Muderris
13. Contactless Payment Market 2027 Analysis By Top Players, Regions, Types & Application
Author: Jignesh Jariwala
14. Why Do Taxi Startups Need A Dispatch System? Know The Key Reasons
Author: Jessy Rayder
15. Learn A New Bim Skill-set To Create A Laser Focus On Specific Tasks That Need To Be Accomplished For Your Aec Project