ALL >> Dating-Love-Romance >> View Article
7 Ways To Handle Rejection The Right Way
Very few people in the world have become successful without being rejected in life. Rejections happen in studies, career, relationships, and at various stages of life. You put all your heart and soul in some idea. You dream about it – maybe for years. You are passionate about it, work hard, and you propose your idea to others in the form of job application or visa application or audition or love proposal etc. You are confident that your idea is amazing, and you don’t even think of failure scenario.
But the other person has a different viewpoint and rejects your idea. Maybe there are better candidates for the job you applied, or maybe there are only a few posts, and they are already filled, or maybe the interviewer is too busy to even give you a chance or tired when you went to the interview. There could be many reasons why rejection happens: some logical and some illogical. Irrespective of the reasons, truth is rejections hurt, and they lower self-esteem. The greater the number of rejections, the greater is the hurt, and it becomes tough to believe in oneself after multiple rejections.
But what is the truth of rejection? Does rejection mean you are not up to the mark? Does it mean there is some fault with you? Does it mean you are destined for failure? Does it mean you should give up your dream? No. It’s none of these. Rejection is just an opportunity to introspect and try once again. It just means “keep trying.” Below are the examples of people who persisted with their dream even after multiple rejections and eventually succeeded.
10 super successful people who faced multiple rejections:
1. Harry Potter book was rejected by 12 publishers before it is published. If J.K.Rowling, the author of this book, has given up her dream after few rejections, today we would all have missed Harry Potter books and movies, and J.K.Rowling would still be working in her normal job without becoming a billionaire.
2. “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series received 144 rejections. This series of books contained inspiring stories from ordinary people’s lives, which went on to inspire millions of people across the world.
3. The famous novel “Gone with the wind” is rejected 38 times before it was published.
4. Bollywood Star Amitabh Bachchan was rejected by All India Radio for his voice and was rejected during his movie auditions due to his height. Later, millions of people admired him for his voice and height.
5. Walt Disney, the man who created Disney world, was fired from his job due to a lack of imagination. His drawings of Mickey Mouse were rejected with the reason that they could scare women.
6. Brian Acton, the founder of Whatsapp, was rejected when applied for a job at Facebook and Twitter. After some years, Facebook bought Whatsapp for $19 billion.
7. Oprah Winfrey, the TV queen who made billions of dollars from TV, was fired from her TV job in her initial days as her boss thought she is unfit for TV.
8. Meryl Streep, the Hollywood actress who won 3 Oscars, was rejected for a role because the director felt she was ugly.
9. Bollywood Actress Konkana Sen Sharma was rejected several times due to her dusky skin before she became an actress.
10. Jack Ma, the founder of Ali Baba, which is valued at $56 billion as of 2019, was rejected from 25 jobs he applied after his college.
These ten people teach us that rejection is only a No, and it is not the end of the world. They teach us that power of a dream is bigger than rejections. Below are some pointers that help you face rejection and pursue your dreams.
Pursue your dreams
7 ways to face rejection
1. Don’t take it personally: When people reject, they may give you some negative comments like “ugly,” “unfit,” “fat,” “not talented,” etc. Don’t take any of these comments personally. Those comments are given from their viewpoint, and they don’t define you. When someone rejects you, just move on and look for another opportunity.
2. Introspect: After a rejection, take some time to introspect and think about how you can improve further. Think about how you can become world-class and introspect on what this rejection teaches you. Be honest and introspect.
3. Keep becoming better: Whatever you are passionate about, keep honing your skills. Do you want to become an actor? A singer? A coder? Whatever it is, every day, keep becoming better and better at your passion. Put your heart and soul in making yourself more competent and better. Don’t let any of the rejections stop you from working hard. Remember, competency is always rewarded. Work harder with each rejection. Make rejection as your motivation to work hard.
4. Don’t give up your dream: Just because some people rejected you, don’t give up your dream. Success awaits those who pursue their dreams with courage and determination. Believe in your dream and hold on to it tightly even when the whole world says it is ridiculous. Many successful people and their ideas were once ridiculed.
5. Believe in yourself: Don’t let anyone’s comments impact your self-esteem. Yes, people will comment negatively about you without knowing anything about you and your journey. People may label you as a “good for nothing” person. People may laugh at you. People may look down upon you. But believe in yourself. You are bigger than these petty comments. Protect your self-esteem carefully. Know your strengths and weaknesses. When you know yourself, other people’s comments stop bothering you.
6. Keep trying: Don’t stop trying. Grab every opportunity that comes your way and give your best. If no opportunity comes your way, search for it and, if needed, create an opportunity. Keep trying till you succeed. Let any number of rejections come your way. Just stick to your dream and keep trying.
7. Build your inner strength: Make yourself strong emotionally and mentally. When you have a strong mind, you can pursue your dreams and achieve them. Two tools that can help you build your inner strength are – Yoga and Meditation. Your inner strength becomes your greatest supporter during these times.
These are some pointers that can help you go through rejection. Don’t let anyone’s rejection stop you from your dreams. After every rejection, remember this quote of Mark Victor Hansen – Every time you get rejected, say “Next!”
May all your dreams come true!
Mannghatt - Follow your heart https://mannghatt.com/
Dating/Love/Romance Articles1. How Can The Internet Help You Try The Wife Swapping Experience?
Author: Jessica Smith
2. Ideas To Celebrate Valentine’s Day With Long-distance Boyfriend
Author: Kumkum Dhara Koley
3. What Is The Best Advice On Choosing The Right Man To Marry?
Author: Cupid Knot
4. Secret Romantic Weekend Ideas Near Mumbai
Author: Ananya Seth
5. Looking For Things To Do This Valentine’s Day? Here Are Some Ideas…
Author: Ananya Seth
6. Woo Your Boo With Different Date Ideas At Imagicaa
Author: Ananya Seth
7. Make A Hit Dating App Like Tinder For Business
8. Trending Valentine's Day E-cards & Greeting Cards
Author: Laxmi R
9. What Questions Black Chat Line User Shouldn’t Ask On Date?
Author: Samch Ristan
10. 2021 List Of Best Valentine Gifts For Boyfriend
Author: Laxmi R
11. What Methods Can You Use Meet Swingers?
Author: Jessica Smith
12. Global Advanced Materials Market
13. 10 Best Places In Delhi For Your First Date
Author: jiya khan
14. 8 Signs That Your Match Is Into You
15. Love Marriage Problem Solution In India
Author: Mr. Janak Joshi