ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Tips For Back To School Safety
With a lot of children headed back to school, there will be more congestion on the streets. More buses, more cars, more pedestrians and more cyclists will all be sharing the roads. As experienced injury attorneys, we can’t stress how important it is to keep best safety practices top of mind.
Here are our top tips for back to school safety in Oklahoma:
Be Aware of Pedestrians
Aside from keeping distractions limited and keeping your eyes focused on the road ahead, be sure to do the following to ensure safe passage for all pedestrians:
Adhere to flashers –if flashes are blinking in the school zone, you must stop and yield to pedestrians crossing.
Stop before the crosswalk –whether you are stopped a red light or waiting to turn, be sure the crosswalk is clear for pedestrians can walk safely in the proper area.
Following crossing guard’s directions –they are there to ensure everyone’s safety.
Follow their guidance even if traffic lights or signs tell you otherwise.
Save honking for emergencies –honking can startle children and put them in
Always avoid striking pedestrians –this goes without saying, but no matter who has the right away, use extreme caution to avoid hitting a pedestrian at all costs.
Sharing the Road with Cyclists
Many children ride bikes to school. Typically, bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as vehicles. Keep in mind, children may not know how to properly navigate traffic conditions. It is your job as the adult to practice all safety measures.
Always leave at least3 feet between your car and a nearby cyclist
Watch for cyclists that are coming from behind cars, out of driveways.
Be aware that children on bikes may not look before turning, so always keep a close eye and yield.
Sharing the Road with Buses
Buses make frequent stops. Follow these tips as a guide to share the road safety with buses:
It is illegal to pass a school bus that is stopped to load or unload children. Do not pass, ever!
If the stop sign has been extended from the bus and/or the lights are passing, ALL traffic must stop.
Never pass a bus from behind.
By following our tips, drivers, pedestrians and cyclists can all exist together safely this school season. If your child is injured in an accident coming in or out of schoolin Oklahoma, count on our team to guide you. Contact Fulmer Sill at (405)510-0077 to get started on your case.
I am Devin Herz, currently associated with Fulmersill. We believe everyone is equal under the law. We take pride in providing an unparalleled commitment to our clients, most of whom are individuals, families and small businesses who have been unfairly treated or tragically harmed by large corporations.
Legal Articles1. How To Craft Licensed Forex Company?
Author: Jacob Oram
2. What Is Bankruptcy Fraud?
3. The Right Sort Of Compensation Package Awaits You
Author: Steve Hopper
4. Cherry Hill, Nj Personal Injury Attorney: Legal Procedure Assistance
5. 3 Reasons To Hire Company Registration Consultants
Author: Unimarks Legal
6. Top 5 Qualities To Look For In A Personal Injury Attorney
Author: Chris Lucero
7. Personal Injury Case - How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning?
Author: Chris Lucero
8. Equal Protection Clause: To Eliminate Discrimination
9. What Is The Oklahoma Car Accident Statue Of Limitations
10. The New Tax Rules For Vacant Land
Author: Lester Ong
11. Rental Car Accident? Who Will Pay For Damages And Injuries?
Author: Michael R Perna
12. The Ministry Of Msme Scrapped The Old System Of Udyog Aadhar / Msme Registration And Replaced It Wit
13. How To Choose Best Mesothelioma Lawyer
Author: James Richie
14. Top Reasons Why People Go Bankrupt
15. Auto Accident Lawyers Corona