ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Tips For Back To School Safety
With a lot of children headed back to school, there will be more congestion on the streets. More buses, more cars, more pedestrians and more cyclists will all be sharing the roads. As experienced injury attorneys, we can’t stress how important it is to keep best safety practices top of mind.
Here are our top tips for back to school safety in Oklahoma:
Be Aware of Pedestrians
Aside from keeping distractions limited and keeping your eyes focused on the road ahead, be sure to do the following to ensure safe passage for all pedestrians:
Adhere to flashers –if flashes are blinking in the school zone, you must stop and yield to pedestrians crossing.
Stop before the crosswalk –whether you are stopped a red light or waiting to turn, be sure the crosswalk is clear for pedestrians can walk safely in the proper area.
Following crossing guard’s directions –they are there to ensure everyone’s safety.
Follow their guidance even if traffic lights or signs tell you otherwise.
Save honking for emergencies –honking can startle children and put them in
Always avoid striking pedestrians –this goes without saying, but no matter who has the right away, use extreme caution to avoid hitting a pedestrian at all costs.
Sharing the Road with Cyclists
Many children ride bikes to school. Typically, bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as vehicles. Keep in mind, children may not know how to properly navigate traffic conditions. It is your job as the adult to practice all safety measures.
Always leave at least3 feet between your car and a nearby cyclist
Watch for cyclists that are coming from behind cars, out of driveways.
Be aware that children on bikes may not look before turning, so always keep a close eye and yield.
Sharing the Road with Buses
Buses make frequent stops. Follow these tips as a guide to share the road safety with buses:
It is illegal to pass a school bus that is stopped to load or unload children. Do not pass, ever!
If the stop sign has been extended from the bus and/or the lights are passing, ALL traffic must stop.
Never pass a bus from behind.
By following our tips, drivers, pedestrians and cyclists can all exist together safely this school season. If your child is injured in an accident coming in or out of schoolin Oklahoma, count on our team to guide you. Contact Fulmer Sill at (405)510-0077 to get started on your case.
I am Devin Herz, currently associated with Fulmersill. We believe everyone is equal under the law. We take pride in providing an unparalleled commitment to our clients, most of whom are individuals, families and small businesses who have been unfairly treated or tragically harmed by large corporations.
Legal Articles1. Online Legal Work
Author: Doqfy Renal Agreement
2. An Overview On Criminal Lawyers And Public Defenders
3. 5 Tips To Keep Teen Drivers Safe
4. What Are The Requirements For Child Adoption In California?
Author: Erick Wright
5. Different Types Of Adoptions Options In California
Author: Emily Wright
6. What Is Aba’s Opinion 483 Meant For Lawyers?
7. Obtaining Bibb County Arrest Records
Author: Missy Lauren
8. Lawyers For Injunction In Kolkata And Types Of Injunction In India
Author: RD Lawyers & Associates AK Legal Advisors
9. Find Out What Are Property Registration Law And Its 10 Types Today With Ak Legal Advisors Rd Lawyers
Author: AK Legal Advisors RD Lawyers
10. What Is A Notarized Letter And Why To Get Documents Notarized?
Author: Nick Jackson
11. Different Types Of Workplace Discrimination That Employees Face
Author: John Brown
12. Are Car Accidents Covered By Workers' Compensation?
Author: Zane Norman
13. Why You Should Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
Author: Zane Norman
14. Workers Compensation Lawyer Corona
15. A Guide To Get Apostille Attestation In India
Author: Santosh Nair