ALL >> Hobbies >> View Article
Tattoo Aftercare Tips: Prevent Infections; Keep Your Tattoo Vibrant For Years
Got inked? That’s great! From choosing a tattoo design, finding the right tattoo artist to finally getting inked, it is an arduous yet fulfilling process. But what’s lies ahead is important too? Before you get ready to flaunt your latest tattoo, make sure it heals well and doesn’t lead to any kind of infection.
Why Tattoo Aftercare is Essential?
When the artist begins to tattoo your skin, he punctures it with multiple needles. It leaves your skin vulnerable and prone to infections from dust, dirt, bacteria, environmental elements, etc.
Additionally, your body will try to heal itself by breaking down the dead tissue and building new tissue. If you do not take care of your open wound, it may leave scarring and ruin the purpose of getting a tattoo.
Traditional Methods for Healing Tattoos
Traditional tattoo aftercare methods included using household wrap/Saran wrap to cover the skin. Tattoo artists used to advise patrons to keep the wrap for 2-24 hours (depending on the scale of the tattoo) to prevent contamination. Once the wrap is removed, a petroleum-based skin care product was suggested to moisturize the body. Now the problem with the old technique was that your skin needs to breathe for complete healing. Saran wrap and petroleum jelly suffocate the skin pores and your skin may develop rashes or inflammation.
Better Tattoo Aftercare Solutions to your Rescue!
New-age tattoo artists use innovative products that help in quick and efficient healing of the wound. Let’s take a look at a few of the best tattoo aftercare products.
1. Breathable Tattoo Bandages
Saniderm tattoo bandages are medical-grade, breathable, and comfortable. They are permeable so that oxygen passes through the bandage layer and thus, the pores are not clogged up.
The Saniderm bandage can be removed after a couple of hours once the wound stops weeping. After cleaning with a mild soap, you can apply a second bandage for 6 days or fewer, depending on the healing of the skin.
2. Soothing Balms and Tattoo Butter
The second stage of the healing process begins once the skin starts flaking. The dry skin may seem itchy and tight. The skin will start peeling and resemble a sunburn. During this stage, you need to apply soothing balms and butter to keep the skin hydrated. There are several tattoo aftercare-creams available on the market. For example, the Tatwax original soothing balm moisturizes your skin without clogging the pores. It is enriched with essential vitamins and does not contain lanolin, alcohol, or petroleum.
You can also use Tattoo Goo Professional Process Butter and Tattoo Goo Balm. Recommended by several tattoo artists, you can use them anytime during the entire tattoo healing process. So, if you do not want to use a medical bandage, you can opt for tattoo butter and balms to keep the skin moist and hydrated.
The US-based company that sells Tattoo Goo products has a wide range of lotions that can be used in various stages of the healing process. For example, Tattoo Goo Aftercare Lotion is ideal for healing especially when the skin starts itching. It has a special itch-relief ingredient panthenol that helps in avoiding scabbing. It can also be used to moisturize healed tattoos.
Tips to keep your Skin Healthy and your Tattoo Bright
Before you start buying tattoo aftercare products, it pays to talk to your tattoo artist. Seek recommendations from him and learn what’s the best solution for healing your skin quickly. Here are a couple of other tips to help you keep your tattoo vibrant for a very long time.
1. Not every tattoo requires a bandage, but using a Saniderm bandage on your feet will help you to wear socks and shoes without worrying about infections.
2. Do not use harsh soaps because your skin is pierced with several needles. Opt for a soothing, mild soap and warm water to clean the debris and blood.
3. During this time, you may feel some kind of discomfort and itchiness. But, don’t pick at your skin, as it may remove the ink and fade your tattoo. Use vitamin A & D topical ointment to help with the dryness.
4. Showers are okay but avoid baths, pools, and saunas until the skin heals properly.
5. Avoid your clothes from rubbing on the tattoo. You can cover the tattoo with gauze and medical tape to keep it from touching your clothes.
6. The tattoo should heal in a couple of days. If it continues to bleed for more than a day after you get it done, talk to your tattoo artist and visit your doctor.
7. Avoid direct exposure from the sun because sun rays can fade tattoos, especially colored ones. Use sunscreens with a high SPF to avoid fading of tattoos.
8. Your tattoo is completely healed when it loses the glossy sheen. But until then, you need to take care of your skin so that it retains colors and looks good for years to come.
The average healing time for a tattoo is at least four weeks. However, the actual healing depends on the size of the design. Often patrons are excited to flaunt their latest ink and they forget to take care of their skin. To sport a beautiful and vibrant-looking tattoo, avoid friction and contamination, eliminate the risk of infections, and give your skin time to heal.
Tattoo aftercare is an essential element of the entire process. A perfectly healed skin will show your tattoo in the best light. Use the best tattoo aftercare products to avoid infections. Shop online to find professional-quality aftercare products including Saniderm tattoo bandages, Tatwax soothing balm, Tattoo Goo healing balm, and many other options under one roof.
I am a specialist in Magento extension development. I have helped several store-owners in achieving their business goals with custom Magento extensions and plugins. Connect with me to know more about incredible Magento modules that will take your business to the pinnacle of success.
Hobbies Articles1. Think Before You Ink: Tips For Finding The Best Tattoo Gloves
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
2. Frsky Transmitter X-lite S Specifications
Author: ada red
3. Don't Forget The Budget When Choosing A Wood Lathe
Author: Gerald K
4. Does Blogging Helps In Curbing Mental Stress? Check Out
Author: Alexa Curtis
5. Best Leisure Activities
Author: BK Vijay
6. A List Of Creative Hobbies
Author: Lavy Johnson
7. Terrace Gardening – 5 Best Practices
Author: BK Vijay
8. Tips On Camping And Hiking
Author: sonia Azrou
9. Where Can I Find Best Motivational Speaker In Delhi, India?
Author: Suresh Mansharamani
10. What To Pack For Summer Camping
Author: Sonia Azrou
11. Snowmobile Covers – Go For The Best Designed Orders Available Online Now
Author: Gavil Seeman
12. All About Insulation And Why Do You Need It?
Author: Aaron Abrams
13. Life-changing Biographies For The Voracious Reader In You
14. College Football Gambling - Oklahoma State Cowboys Versus Texas Tech
Author: Jennifer Seals
15. Best Thing To See And Do In Aurangabad