ALL >> Social-Community >> View Article
Significant Imbalance Between Men And Women In The Kitchen
It is easy to speculate that women are the masters of kitchens since they are the ones who always cook for the family. They are experienced and passionate when it comes to cooking. However, it is different in professional kitchens such as restaurants and hotels because in reality they are largely dominated by male chefs. According to a recent survey of 7,000 chefs, there are about 80% of restaurants chefs are male and only 20% are female chefs.
One factor that contribute to the male dominance in professional kitchens is that most restaurant owners prefer to hire young men than women as they are more willing to work the unsociable hours, have more physical strength, and speed to run around the kitchen with heavy pans and pots. Another reason on why restauranteurs likes to hire men is because they are very competitive. They take cooking more seriously and always want to give more as they don’t want to be outshone by women. On the other hand, female chefs are calmer in the kitchen. For them it is not about technical skills or having a competition with the opposite sex ...
... but more of providing healthy and nutritious food on the plate.
Another factor of why there are fewer female chefs in professional kitchens than men is because women dislike a high pressure environment. Society expects them to be on-hand when it comes to their family. Working in restaurants and hotels take a lot of hard and long hours work which can take away their time for their family.
Despite the women’s participation in the work force and men getting involve in household chores. Women still experience social stigma if they fail to have enough time for the family especially for the kids. They are responsible and expected to provide healthy meals for the family, attend to the kids, and take care of the house. These make many women to prefer getting a part time job instead of full-time work. Men don’t experience the same social pressure as women when it comes to providing time for the family thus giving them more opportunities to pursue their careers.
Being male or female has nothing to do with being a brilliant cook or chef. Women may be more likely to cook at home and men in restaurants but both can excel at cooking in whatever field they chose, home or professional kitchen. Having a natural love for food, passion in cooking, and wanting to serve the best food whether it’s for family or customers are equally commendable.
Isabella Whitmore is a wife and a mother of two. She enjoys cooking and discovering new recipes. She writes for https://electrickettlesplus.com/, an appliance website where you can find interesting electric kettles that are multipurpose allowing you to cook different meals.
Social Community Articles1. Best Astrologer In Puttur | Famous Astrologer In Puttur
2. Social Marketing: A Friendly Option For Small Businesses
Author: Wisoft Solutions
3. Healthy Meals Reviving Well-being At Inr 75
Author: annamrita foundation
4. The Best Indian Astrologer In Jamaica
5. Best Astrologer In Louisiana | Famous Astrologer In Louisiana
Author: Pandith Srinivas Acharya
6. Open To Love - A Modern Woman's Memoir On Being Single And Happy
Author: Aji R. Michael
7. You Want To Download A Dating App, What Should You Look For?
8. Consult A Best Indian Astrologer In Toronto
Author: Astro Laxmanji
9. Dating Is Easy Now With More Matches, Dating Tips And Dating Ideas
Author: karamjit Kaur
10. Voodoo Priest In Toronto Has The Answer To Everything
Author: Astro Laxmanji
11. Organizations That Help Children Are Focused To Build Resilience Through Life Skills
Author: Magicbus USA
12. Simple And Smart Approach To Self Improvement | Personal Development
13. Gender Gap Is More In Insurance And Finance Industries - A Comprehensive Study
Author: Ruby Martin
14. Best Astrologer In K R Market | Famous Astrologer In K R Market
Author: Pandith Hanumantha rao
15. Best Social Media Marketing Company In Patna - Improve The Organic Traffic
Author: Saadrh Digital Software Pvt Ltd