ALL >> Parenting-Kids >> View Article
5 Things 21st Century Parents Must Stop Doing While Dealing With Your Children
“Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of life’s longing for itself. They come through you but not from you. You may give them your love but not your thoughts. For they have their own thoughts and life.”
- Khalil Gibran
Parenting is all about unconditional love and mutual understanding between you and your little ones. As a 21st century parent, you may be making constant planning about how to make your kid shine out of all the odds and tough competition.
But, you must not forget that parenting is not a business that must find ways to outdo competitors.
Hence, you must stop doing these 5 things that may spoil your children instead of making them a responsible human being.
Here is the list:
- Stop making comparison between your child and other child
- Stop underestimating your kid
- Stop treating education as a whole life
- Stop indulging yourself in bad habits
- Stop allowing your kid to mingle in negative environment
1. Stop making comparison between your child and other child
No two individuals in this world are born with absolutely same mind. Hence, opinions, tastes, likes and dislikes, etc. varies. Even identical twins are different in all the aspects except they look similar. You have to identify your kids’ talents, interests and even distastes. Work on those aspects instead of following other kids’ activities. Support and encourage your little sunshine in the subjects that interest them.
2. Stop underestimating your kid
Every child is unique and has specific talents that others don’t possess. Do not make your child work as per your attributes and aim. Children are not matured and you can’t expect them to fully understand you like a mentally strong adult. Try to understand your kid. Observe his or her behavior and talk to them. Also, meet their school teachers and ask them about your kids’ activities. Do not force them into something just because your neighbor’s kids are doing it. Be their friend, philosopher and guide.
3. Stop treating education as a whole life
Education is just a part of life. But, unfortunately, most of the parents pressurize their children to concentrate only on education and punish them severely if they fail to bag good grades in few subjects. Remember that the mere subjects are not going to complete your child as a human being. Instead of punishing them like a monster, treat them as your friends and let them know that you understand their pain and happiness. The famous saying goes “Only work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” Similarly, don’t let your youngsters be dull, and work on improving their understanding on the subjects they find difficult. Let them pursue their favorite activities or explore their loved subjects more to be the best in them. Other subjects can get justice with passing marks.
4. Stop indulging yourself in bad habits
You are your child’s first hero. He or she follows you and repeat what you do. Like, if you smoke, they will follow you and smoke. If you drink, it’s quite possible that they adopt the habit of drinking. It has been seen that children of parents who fight often become quarrelsome and fight with their friends in school or at playground. Gift your child good character. If you show respect and love to others, your kids will also do the same.
5. Stop allowing your kid to mingle in negative environment
Environment plays a big role in a child’s development. Keep check on their school environment. Investigate with whom they are meeting. If your child behave oddly, find out if his/her surroundings is okay or not. If you find anything negative or harmful for your child, immediately stop the little one from involving in that particular environment.
You are the main person who can make your child mentally strong, physically fit, spiritually free and emotionally stable. Home is the best school a child can have and parents are the best and the first teachers. Deal with the tender minds carefully and with love. They will surely bring the joy to you and the entire country in future.
Alexa Curtis, best expressed as The Fearless Every Day with Alexa host, a phenomena knows how to shape life in the most extraordinary way. Her website Life Unfiltered with Alexa is a source that sparks millions of people to overcome hardships and get back the bright smiles. She interviewed big celebrities and let the world know their motivational journey of life. Alexa, a fashionista and mental health remedy provider is found on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram where her views about life, being fearless and get going provide valued lessons to many. She is featured in few loved TV shows, online media, and questions and answer forums. Her motivational speaking at various universities and digital platforms has let many teens and youngsters regain confidence in life. Alexa Curtis - A True Inspiration for All.
Parenting/Kids Articles1. Creative Ways Of Organizing Your Kids’ Birthday Party
2. Why You Should Teach Ethos, Logos, Pathos To Students
Author: Mayank Gupta
3. Superbottoms Launches Organic Comfortwear For Babies
Author: Namrata Jena
4. Mijn Zoon Peter Is Als Baby Groot En Draagt De Leukste Babykleding Van Stylonic
Author: Anthon Slasky
5. Exclusieve Kinderkleding In Verschillende Kleuren Bij Stylonic.nl
6. Jongens Setjes & Kinderkleding Te Koop Bij Stylonic.nl
7. Top Tips For First - Time Parents
Author: Eldon Broady
8. Why Every Parent Needs A Baby Bouncer
Author: Eldon Broady
9. As New Parents- How To Choose Perfect Baby Care Products For Your Newborn Baby?
10. Essentials For Baby Bath Time
Author: Eldon Broady
11. Fun Birthday Party Ideas For Your Kids
12. Organizing Your Child’s 10th Birthday Party
13. How To Introduce Hindu Culture To Kids In A Fun Way
Author: Uma Bharati
14. Armani Junior Bestellen Bij Stylonic
15. Common Health Issues Bothering Infants With Home Remedies
Author: Welcome Cure Pvt. Ltd