ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Slip And Fall? Keep This Evidence
Proving Property Owners’ Liability
Under Nevada law, property owners owe a duty of care to guard or warn patrons or visitors they invite or allow on their premises against any dangerous conditions on the property. To show they breached this duty, which resulted in a slip-and-fall accident that caused injuries, victims must prove:
They were permitted entrance on or use of the premises
The defendants were in control or were the owners of the property
A dangerous condition existed on the property
Additionally, those seeking compensation for slip-and-fall injuries must prove the defendant knew about the dangerous condition, or reasonably should have, and that their injuries were suffered as a direct result of the dangerous condition. Evidence such as medical records, accident reports, photographs, and witness statements may aid in proving these claims.
Medical records and bills are essential for helping prove that harm occurred and that the injury was a result of the accident. Beyond billing invoices, this may include keeping doctor’s office notes, procedure reports, and laboratory reports. Such documentation may aid in establishing a timeline of when the injuries happened and the duration of their effects. It may also assist with calculating the associated economic damages.
Accident Reports and Photographs
Accident reports and photographs may prove helpful in detailing what happened, showing dangerous property conditions existed, and that people suffered injuries on a property. Additionally, accident reports may provide the names and information for the parties involved and any witnesses.
Taking photographs of the area as soon as possible after the slip-and-fall accident occurred may help prove the dangerous property condition existed at the time of the injury. This may be helpful in cases when property owners attempt to remedy the dangers following the accident to avoid liability.
Witnesses may provide another voice to detail what happened in slip-and-fall claims. Witness statements may help disprove false claims that place blame on the accident victims, and expert witnesses may explain the unsafe nature of the conditions and the types of safety measures that could have prevented the slip-and-fall accident.
Legal Articles1. United Stand By Caronavirus Attorney Anaheim
Author: The Morris Law Group
2. Duration Of The Property Rental Agreement
Author: Raj Kumar
3. Know About Party Wall Act Uk- Implications For All Parties
Author: David Frank
4. Why Hire An Employees Compensation Attorney?
5. Hire A Workers Compensation Lawyer And Let Them Protected Your Benefits
6. When You Should Think About A Workers Comp Lawyer Lexington Ky
7. Choosing The Workers Compensation Attorney
8. Problems With Your Claim? Hire A Workers Workers Compensation Attorney Lexington Ky
9. Real Estate Investors Are Avoiding Chicago. Here’s Why
Author: The Law Offices of Scott D. Rogoff, P.C.
10. The Reasons To Hire A Criminal Defense Lawyer
11. All About Worth Of An Affordable Divorce Attorney
Author: Tim Scott
12. Points To Consider With Diligence To Reach The Best Divorce Lawyer
Author: Marcus McGowan
13. Types Of Sports-related Injuries
Author: Hendy Johnson
14. The Roles And Responsibilities Of A Probate Executor
Author: T. Owen Rassman
15. Bankruptcy Lawyers– Important Questions To Ask While Hiring
Author: Marcus McGowan