ALL >> Health >> View Article
Ayurvedic And Herbal Treatment Of Acid Reflux By Natural Medicines
This content is taken from the site
It is written by author 'chandigarh ayurved'. It gives the information about Ayurvedic and Herbal Treatment of Acid Reflux by Natural Medicines.
Acidity or acid reflux is a very common condition affecting many Indians of all ages. It is mainly characterized by severe heartburn that felt around the lower chest area, which is caused by the stomach acid flowing back up into the food pipe. A very few people realize the unhealthy eating habits and poor lifestyle choices that cause this condition. Acidity occurs when the gastric glands produce a large amount of acid, more than what is needed for the digestion process. This condition is very common in India due to the heavy consumption of oily and spicy foods by Indians.
The people who are at high risk of having acidity are – obese people, overindulge in alcohol, women who are pregnant, those who often consume non-vegetarian diet, etc. Such people experience some of the following symptoms – difficulty in swallowing, indigestion, bad breathe, regurgitation, restlessness, burning sensation in the stomach, & throat, etc.
In Ayurveda, hyperacidity is co-related with ‘Amlapitta’ and is mainly caused due to high intake of Pitta Aahra-Vihara like consumption of spicy, oily, salty food, regular intake of smoking and alcohol, food that is bitter in taste like bitter gourd, etc.
Ayurveda has several herbs and bhasmas that are proven to be very effective in reducing the hyperacidity and also eases all the symptoms. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre had made a specialized kit which is very effective in Herbal Treatment For Acidity. The name of kit is ‘Acidity care kit’, and it includes a total of 4 products – Pittashekhar rasa, Agnimukha churna, Detox premium powder, and Amlapitta mishran. The medicines are herbal and pure having no additives and preservatives in it.
All Products Description in Detail
1. Pittashekhar Rasa: Pittashekhar rasa is widely used to cure the condition of acidity from its root cause. It mainly pacifies the aggravated pitta thus reduces all the symptoms. The tablets are made up of Sootshekhar rasa, Bilva majja, Kalmegha, Shankha bhasma, Kapardika bhasma, etc. It is very beneficial in nausea, vomiting, heartburn, abdominal distension, etc. Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
2. Agnimukha Churna: This is the herbal formulation of some natural herbs such as Vacha (Acorus calamus), Pippali (Piper longum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), etc. The churna mainly cures the functioning of jatharagni thus it improves the appetite and prevents the formation of ama. Once the metabolism cures all the symptoms of acidity will reduce itself. Recommended Dosage: Take a half teaspoonful of this churna twice daily with normal water.
3. Detox Standard Powder: Detox standard powder is mainly made to remove excess ama from the body thus helps in pacifying all the three aggravated doshas. These herbal sachets are prepared from ingredients such as Shankh bhasma, Sutshekhar ras, Parwal pishti, Shukta pishti, Giloy, Kamdudha ras, Shwet parpati that gives a calming effect on the stomach. These sachets have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antacid properties that surely ease the symptoms and also prevent it from re-occurrence. Recommended Dosage: Take one sachet twice daily with normal water.
4. Amlapitta Mishran: Amlapitta mishran is ayurvedic syrup that is formed from the following ingredients - Vasa (Justicia adhatoda), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Nimba (Azadirachta indica), Triphala (three myrobalans), Patol (Trichosanthes dioica), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Chirayta (Swertia chirayita), etc. These ingredients pacify the imbalanced Pitta dosha and helps in reducing all the signs and symptoms related to acidity. The syrup is very beneficial in reducing heartburn, a sensation of nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, etc. Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonfuls twice daily.
The person having regular complains of acidity and other associated symptoms should follow the restricted diet and lifestyle that doesn’t trigger the symptoms of asthma. We suggested some of the dietary and lifestyle changes that are very beneficial to ease the symptoms and also prevent it from re-occurrence. The best health tips are given below –
-The person should avoid lying down for at least two hours after a meal or after drinking acidic beverages like soda, or other caffeinated beverages. This can help to prevent stomach contents from flowing back into the esophagus.
-Reduce excess weight around the midsection. This can help to ease pressure on the stomach. Do some exercises for about half an hour to one hour daily.
-Eat smaller and more frequent meals each day instead of a few large meals. This promotes digestion and can aid in preventing heartburn.
-Avoid eating before bedtime because the stomach takes four to five hours to fully empty a meal, so wait at least three hours after eating while going to bed.
-Reflux triggers may vary from person to person. Try to eliminate the possible trigger foods for two weeks, and then reintroduce one food at a time to determine your tolerance and evaluate the severity of symptoms.
-Limit the intake of orange, pineapple, grapefruit, lemon, etc because they increases the risk of acidity and also worsen the symptoms.
-Decrease the intake of spicy, oily, junk food, as it worsens the symptoms of acidity.
-When sleeping, raise the head of the bed 6-8 inches, using wooden blocks under the bedposts.
-Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing. Clothing that fits tightly around the abdomen will squeeze the stomach and causes food to reflux into the esophagus.
-Yoga is very beneficial to regulate and control the secretions of hormones, the person must perform the following yoga poses such as – Trikonasana, Parsvottanasana, Virabhadrasana, Supta Baddha Konasana, etc.
Health Articles1. 7 Things To Consider When Choosing A Dentist
2. 2020 Tax Season: 7 Tips For Maintaining Your Mental Health
Author: Novum Psychiatry
3. A Bent Male Organ Can Impact Sensual Life
Author: John Dugan
4. Vijay Multispeciality Dental Hospital | Dentist | Dental Clinic
5. The Ultimate Guide To Overcome Pcos Awareness
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
6. Self-pleasuring 101: Is It Necessary To Wash Your Hands Before And After You Self-pleasure?
Author: John Dugan
7. Can Probiotic Foods Help Reduce Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Author: Reeta Menon
8. Coronavirus Precautions By Qc Dentistry
9. Is Your Headache The Symptom Of A Brain Tumour ?
Author: reeta menon
10. Fight With Coronavirus Together! Vmartego Provides The Disposable Medical Protective Equipment For Y
11. How To Boost Your Immune System?
Author: Indocare Diagnostics
12. What Are Dental Cleanings (scaling And Polishing)?
Author: Dr. Sanjay Arora
13. What Are The Statistics And Facts About Annihilator?
Author: Jacob Holmes
14. Cast Love Spells At Your Psychic Angel – Get The Love Of Your Life Back
Author: Your psychic Angel
15. 7 Tips To Keep Your Immune System Healthy