ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why Is Pregnancy Massage Good For Pregnant Women?
Getting a massage can mean many things - an injury recovery strategy, a blissful luxury or a self-care regimen directed at relieving pain for pregnancy-related backaches. According to studies, massage therapy can help pregnant women in so many ways. It can help with reducing oedema by increasing circulation of fluids throughout the body, improve sleep and mood. In recent years, many expectant mothers choose to get pregnancy massage recognising its benefits.
With so many health benefits, pregnancy massage has become an increasingly popular way to reduce pregnancy discomfort.
Is remedial massage Perth safe during pregnancy?
Expecting mothers who are interested in massage therapy should always adapt to a safety-first approach. They should see only trained and certified therapist.
- According to studies, it is safest to wait until after the first trimester of pregnancy to pass for massage.
- Also, make sure you lie in a comfortable and safe position on the massage table.
- Side lying position supported with pillows is a must when you lie down on the table.
- Especially after 22 weeks, you should avoid lying on your back as it can put pressure on the deep blood vessels that are important for carrying vital nutrients to your baby.
- If you suffer high blood pressure or high-risk pregnancy consult your doctor before going for a massage.
What benefits does obstetric massage bring?
There are many health benefits associated with pregnancy massage which includes:
Lowers anxiety and stress levels:
When a pregnant woman gets a massage, the level of cortisol also referred to as stress hormone will be reduced significantly in her body. This helps to improve vitality, mood, and immunity:
Improved sleep quality:
Deep tissue massage can boost the production of melatonin and serotonin which enhances the quality of sleep in pregnant women promoting a good overall effect on their body.
Lessens swelling of joints:
Pregnancy massage Perth can stimulate soft tissues and lower build-up of fluids in swollen joints thus preventing oedema that is common during pregnancy. Massaging can also improve the lymph systems’ ability to remove tissue wastes in your body.
Alleviate muscle cramps and pain:
A trained prenatal therapist can help reduce the common discomforts of pregnancy, muscle pain, and cramps.
Is Perth physiotherapy safe during pregnancy?
Physiotherapy is a medical treatment which does not include any kinds of drugs, medicines or surgeries. This makes physiotherapy a perfect approach to treat ailments during pregnancy as drugs can be dangerous to the health of the unborn.
The common structural problems that can be addressed by physiotherapist includes
- Low back pain
- Hip and groin pain
- Wrist and hand pain
- Ankle pain
The author is a blogger. Advocating a multidisciplinary approach to patient care wherever possible, he takes pride in providing evidence-based sports, medicine, and Perth physiotherapy to his clients. Visit
https://www.sportsmedsubiaco.com.au/ for details.
Established in 1998, SportsMed Subiaco envisions to becoming the State’s premier health care facility. We aim for it with our excellence in the diagnosis and management of sporting-related injuries. Our practitioners actively pursue and continually develop, improve and broaden their clinical knowledge and therapeutic skills. For more information, visit http://www.sportsmedsubiaco.com.au/ or call us on (08) 9382 9600.
Health Articles1. Which Is The Best Pain Relief Med Available Online? How To Buy Tramadol 100 Mg Online?
2. Define Herpes Labialis And Its Market Scope 2030
3. South India’s Largest Covid Testing Company Now Enters Bengaluru
4. Oral Hygiene Routine We Should All Follow
5. Benefits Of Teeth Whitening That You Should Consider
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Buy Botox Online With Credit Card And Paypal In Canada
Author: Joao Pedro
7. Buy Vyvanse Online With Credit Card And Paypal In Canada
Author: Joao Pedro
8. Top 9 Benefits Of Emergency Medicine Podcasts
Author: Swapnil Pawar
9. Health-plans For Dental Treatments – Get Familiar With Braces In Brooklyn
Author: One Love Orthodontics
10. What Are The Chances Of A Successful Surrogacy?
Author: Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour
11. Global Costochondritis Market : Industry Analysis And Forecast
12. Mycare – Consult Doctors Online With Online Medical App
Author: MyCare softech private limited
13. New Requirement Of Process Validation Report For Permission To Conduct Clinical Trial/ba-be Studies
14. Hair Transplant In Hyderabad | Hair Transplant Cost | Dr.yv Rao Clinics
Author: dryvrao clinics
15. Types Of Gynecomastia Procedure & Their Benefits
Author: Ajitesh Verma