ALL >> Health >> View Article
5 Fun Learning Activities For Your Child With Autism | Centre For Autism In Bangalore
Total Articles: 29
It’s a general truth that art and craft activities are important to faster learning and development in children. Especially for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), craft activities are a means to improve the child’s attention, self-expression, and reducing the stress and anxiety. Detecting the right crafts to engage your kid can be a great task. It’s not easy striking a balance between crafts that your child will enjoy and those that will contribute to their learning; the good thing is that it isn’t impossible.
Centre for Autism in Bangalore | CAPAAR | Dr. P. Sumitha Hemavathy (PT) is one the Best Autism Specialist in Bangalore. She suggests that incorporate games and activities to an autistic child will improve the child’s attention. Here are 5 Fun Learning Activities for Your Child with Autism helps to Develop:
1. I Spy Bottle – Here is a simple activity that can aid your toddler’s cognitive development and help them to focus better. The charming colours and the wonderful shapes inside the bottle are sure going to grab your child’s attention. Assure that the contents of the bottle are as colourful as possible. Involve them in selecting the bottle contents.
An empty plastic container
Little trinkets like hair clips, beads, buttons etc.
A pack of glitter dust
A sheet of paper
Initially ask your child to write the alphabets from A-Z on a sheet of paper and then start putting all the forerunning contents into the bottle. Fill half of the bottle with coloured water and then the other half with corn syrup. Close the lid with hot glue and shake the contents well. Here is the I Spy bottle is ready for your child. Ask your little ones to look for all alphabets in the bottle and strike them off on the sheet when they find them.
This is just a small option among many other ways you can chose, to secure your child’s future who has Autism.
2. Ice Painting –Experiment with fun like these are going to spike up the curiosity in your child! It is designed improve and enhance greatly your child’s ability to identify and distinguish among colours. Also it will develop observational skills and knowledge on few of these concepts of science at play.
An ice tray
Sheets of paper
Mix the paint colors with a little water which the kids want to use and pour them into individual compartments of the ice tray. Now place the crafts sticks in each of the compartments and use a foil to cover the tray and to support the craft sticks. After covering the foil place the tray in the freezer and leave it for 2-3 hours. After the time is done now remove the ice paints and let your child enjoy with swirling and by making different patterns with the colored cubes over a sheet of paper.
3. Eatable Jewellery – Isn’t it wonderful when your child has a gorgeous necklace that he/she can not only love wearing but also east it as well ? This experiment or activity focus on motor skill improvement with activities that engage better hand and eye coordination
Licorice candy sticks
Candy in various colours or even cereal with centre holes
Hand a licorice stick to your child and ask her to string the candy or cereal pieces into it, one at a time. Once the licorice stick is covered with the candy or cereal, knot the ends of the stick.
4. The Game of Colour Match – This is a really nice fun filled activity designed to enhance the learning and physical motor abilities of the children. This is customizable based on what kind of learning the child is getting at school.
A pack of colourful clothespins
Few stickers that match with various Numbers, alphabets, fruits or vegetable and placards
The game is about asking your kid to clip few of the clothespins to the matching play card correctly. This is done by 1st arranging about 10-15 placards with different images of fruits, vegetables etc. And by Labelling every clothespins corresponding to the images on the placard.
5. Sensory Collages – This activity is very useful introducing autistic children to various textures and sensations in a creative, fun and non threatening way especially when they are faced by multiple sensory challenges in the form of tactile collages
Thin strips of paper
Printouts of various image outlines
Take printouts of various image outlines available online. Spread glue within the outline of the image. Now, ask your child to press the aforementioned textured scraps onto the glued sheet until the entire image is covered. Let him touch and feel the various textures on the collage.
It might happen that your child may avoid few types of craft activities due to the fear of those getting messed up. Here is where as a parent your responsibility starts in being extra cautious in assessing your child’s needs and aspirations well before moving towards a new activity.
The best way out of this situation is Following trial and error method and arriving at the best activity for your child’s skills to develop in a fun way that they enjoy the most.
To Know More,
Health Articles1. When To Consult An Infertility Specialist?
Author: Akanksha Hospital
2. Productive Prostatectomy Surgery With Dr. Jagdish Kulkarni, Best Uro Oncologist, India
Author: Lisa Resnick
3. Hair Transplant Is The Right Solution For You?
Author: Hair Transplant Bangalore
4. Ayurvedic Medicine For Detoxification | Contract Manufacturing |herbalhills
5. Avastin Injection Supplier – Ocean Pharmaceutical
Author: Ocean Pharma
6. Choose The Best Nutrition Program To Achieve Your Fitness Goal
Author: Fit with Sylvia
7. What To Look For When Hiring The Professional Nutrition Advisor
Author: Fit with Sylvia
8. Sleeping Problems: Know Sleep Apnea Causes And Treatment
9. What Are The Risk Factor A Pcos Pregnancy Loss?
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
10. Dealing With Social Anxiety – Do You Need A Social Anxiety Counseling From A Renowned Therapist?
Author: Marci Stiles
11. How To Take Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
Author: Anita kapoor
12. Features And Benefits Of Neurontin (gabapentin) 400mg & 800mg
Author: Features and Benefits of Neurontin (Gabapentin) 40
13. Adjustable Bed Vs. Regular Bed: Which Suits For Your Health?
Author: Zero-G Beds
14. What You Need To Know About The Different Orthodontic Treatments
Author: Steven Tyler
15. Colon Hydrotherapy/colonic Irrigation In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Dr. Arpit Choudhary