ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Is Sperm Freezing And What Is Its Importance?
Total Articles: 1
Sperm of men can be freeze for future treatment or to donate for the treatment of someone else. Usually, the donated sperm has to be isolated for three or six months and screened for infections before it being used by the recipient. The infertility specialist in Hyderabad, those are working in the Motherhood fertility centre, renowned top test tube baby center in Hyderabad take care of all this freezing of sperm. They do all the tests of the sperm before doing the treatment of male factor infertility. Because of this cautiousness and treatment now Motherhood fertility centre is becoming the best male infertility treatment centre in Hyderabad.
Before doing male factor infertility treatment, if you want to freeze your sperm, the infertility specialists suggest considering the following condition:
• If you are facing any medical treatment, that may affect your fertility.
• If you are about to have a vasectomy (surgical procedure for male sterilization or permanent contraception) and want sperm available if you change your mind about having (more) children.
• If you have a low sperm count or the quality of your sperm is degrading.
• If you have difficulty in producing a sperm sample on the day of male factor infertility treatment.
• If you are at risk of injury or death (for example, if you’re a member of the Armed Forces who is being deployed to a war zone).
• In case you're a male transitioning to a female and you want to preserve your fertility before you start hormone therapy or have reconstructive surgery.
How does sperm freezing work?
At first, the sperm has to be tested for any infection like HIV or hepatitis. This has no chance to freeze your sperm or you can store the infected sperm sample to prevent contamination of other samples.
Then you have to give your written informed consent to your sperm being stored and mention how long you want to keep its store.
At the fertility centre, the infertility specialists asked to produce a sample of sperm, that will be mixed with a special fluid (a cryoprotectant) to prevent the sperm from any damage during the freezing process. before freezing begin, usually, the sperm sample is divided into several containers called straw. This means not all of the sperm need to be thawed at once and it can be used in several treatments. Then the samples are cooled down slowly and plunged into liquid nitrogen. Before doing the treatment of male factor infertility using freeze sperm, the infertility specialists consider all these points.
How long can my sperm be stored for?
The storage period of sperm is nearly about 10 years. Though in certain circumstances, men can store their sperms for up to 55 years. The infertility specialist in Hyderabad can able to explain the circumstances whether you can do this.
In case you are changing your address, it is important to know your current address for the clinic where you have stored your sperm. It is very much important as if the fertility centre can’t reach you and they may have to take your sperm out of storage and allow them to decay.
Phone No: +91 9490026462
Health Articles1. When To Consult An Infertility Specialist?
Author: Akanksha Hospital
2. Productive Prostatectomy Surgery With Dr. Jagdish Kulkarni, Best Uro Oncologist, India
Author: Lisa Resnick
3. Hair Transplant Is The Right Solution For You?
Author: Hair Transplant Bangalore
4. Ayurvedic Medicine For Detoxification | Contract Manufacturing |herbalhills
5. Avastin Injection Supplier – Ocean Pharmaceutical
Author: Ocean Pharma
6. Choose The Best Nutrition Program To Achieve Your Fitness Goal
Author: Fit with Sylvia
7. What To Look For When Hiring The Professional Nutrition Advisor
Author: Fit with Sylvia
8. Sleeping Problems: Know Sleep Apnea Causes And Treatment
9. What Are The Risk Factor A Pcos Pregnancy Loss?
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
10. Dealing With Social Anxiety – Do You Need A Social Anxiety Counseling From A Renowned Therapist?
Author: Marci Stiles
11. How To Take Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
Author: Anita kapoor
12. Features And Benefits Of Neurontin (gabapentin) 400mg & 800mg
Author: Features and Benefits of Neurontin (Gabapentin) 40
13. Adjustable Bed Vs. Regular Bed: Which Suits For Your Health?
Author: Zero-G Beds
14. What You Need To Know About The Different Orthodontic Treatments
Author: Steven Tyler
15. Colon Hydrotherapy/colonic Irrigation In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Dr. Arpit Choudhary