ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
8 Tips To Maintaining A Commercial Vehicle For Longer Use
Total Articles: 3
Commercial vehicles have a lifespan of only 20 years. As a business owner ourselves, commercial vehicles are very important and we certainly want it to last that 20 years with minor breakdown or damage as it will cause a delay in deliveries, loss in man-hours, devastating impact on traffic flow or even pollution to the environment.
So, here are some tips that may seem simple but most of the times, ignored. We all know that having downtime could affect our operations and it’s not always easy to find a replacement vehicle. So, we should keep our commercial vehicles in good condition and take measures to prevent major overhaul, breakdowns, and accidents.
1. Tire Care
Every driver, especially the new ones, should know that steering the wheel when the vehicle is still in a stationary position would affect the tire alignment in the long run. It usually happens when they are about to move on from a traffic light or from the parking lot. As a result, the tire will need to be replaced sooner than expected.
Always ensure that the vehicle is moving before steering the wheel. It will definitely help you save money on replacing the tire and sending the vehicle for alignment check unnecessarily.
2. Insist on Regular Preventive Maintenance
Changing of engine oil, replacing of the oil filter, fuel filter, drain plug gasket or even transmission fluid seem not so important, but it’s essential to keep your vehicle in good shape, from the inside out.
Do not miss your servicing schedule. You do not want your vehicle to get stranded in the middle of the PIE.
3. Gradual Switch from Low to High Gear
We cannot emphasize this more than enough. Gearbox is designed for moderate switching. Many of the gearbox damages are because of switching straight to higher gear instead of climbing up the gear one level at a time.
Always start with gear 1. Driving with patience goes a long way.
4. Increase or Reduce Speed Steadily and not Abruptly
Unexpected stopping, a sudden increase in speed or applying emergency brakes frequently is very harmful to the braking system. This could affect the braking efficiency in the future.
By avoiding these, it will not only make your passengers feel comfortable and it also helps to prolong the life span of the brake pads.
5. Remember to Switch Lights Off
Sometimes we may be careless or leave the vehicle in a hurry without turning off the interior lights as well as the headlights and signal lights. This can easily drain the battery.
Always double check if there are lights turned on before leaving the car park.
6. Switching Off Engine Immediately
Switching off the engine even before switching off the air con is very harmful and can cause a shorter life span to the air con system.
No one wants a failed air con system, especially on a hot sunny day! Always remember, the engine is the last thing that you should switch off.
7. Physical Check
As a driver, you need to make sure that the vehicle runs properly before you drive to a certain area. This is to ensure that no accident will happen.
Simply check the entire vehicle before driving. No one would like to get into an accident, right?
8. Warm Up that Cold Engine
Make it a habit to warm up the engine about 3 to 5 minutes before moving off because it will be very harmful to the engine if you go from idle to high RPM immediately. This could save you more money in the future if you do this on a regular basis.
Warm up your engine for a few minutes if you want your vehicle to last.
Automobiles Articles1. Demystifying The Art Of Safe Driving: 7 Easy Tips For A Safe Road Trip
Author: Sandeep Jangir
2. Impeller Machine Manufacturer Deccan Engineering Leads All Impeller Manufacturers
Author: Deccan Engineering
3. 3 Towing Tips For The Peugeot 5008 Crossover
Author: Barry Sharp
4. Why Should Schedule The Collision Repair Immediately After The Accident
Author: rudys auto refinishing collision
5. 4 Ways To Take Care Of Your Car Between Your Mazda Service Visits
6. Brief Explanation On Why The Maxi Taxis Acts As A Saviour To Larger Groups In Reaching Their Destina
Author: Max Brier
7. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Getting Your Bike Repaired Than Replacing It
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tappet Market By Schaeffler, Skf, Eaton , Federal-mogul, And Nsk.
Author: rechal dey
9. What Is The Difference Between Hid And D2s Led Headlights
Author: Hamish Crotty
10. Why Should You Visit The Service Centres Regularly With Your New Vehicle
Author: Oliver Mertin
11. What To Look For While Booking A Spot At A Nearby Vehicle Parking Lot?
Author: Ava M Williams
12. Sell Of Your Car With 24 Hours Of Calling Cash For Cars
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
Author: Tony Barber
14. How To Prevent Car Sickness In Your Mazda Mx-5
Author: Mandurah Mazda
15. How To Drive Your New Peugeot 3008 In Wet Weather