ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Main Reasons Cars Breakdown
As of 2014, 28,5% of South African households had access to a car. That reflected a 5,6% increase in ten years. Since then, car sales have gone up and, in July 2017 alone, they increased 4,1% (the Ford Ranger, as in past years, sold the most). While sales haven’t always been perfect and the economy has fluctuated, the industry nonetheless has a positive influence on the market. Car makers highly pursue the industry and just last year, Toyota opened a plant in KwaZulu- Natal, Durban.
Driving certainly is a fantastic convenience that also offers independence. In 2016, about 4,3 million workers drove a car at least to and from work. If you don’t already own a car, perhaps you ride along as a passenger or plan on someday owning a car yourself. The statistics indicate that these situations are possible now or very likely in the near future.
Cars, however, occasionally breakdown. Even the most highly rated, most expensive cars experience trouble once in a while. The South African Motor Industry Ombudsman noted seven main areas where breakdown problems occur. Understanding these problems, regardless of your current ...
... situation, and servicing them before they develop into bigger problems, will save time and money.
1. Battery. The battery starts your engine and keeps the electrical current even. If it isn’t working, your car won’t start. Warning signs include powder-like residue, loose cables, dim dashboard lights before starting the car, and a slow turning ignition. Have a professional inspect your battery if you notice any of these warning signs. Note, though, batteries really only have about a three-year life span, so it’s normal for them to need replacing around that time.
2. Alternator. Once your car is started, the alternator recharges the battery and generates electricity. Warning signs include a glowing battery light, dim lights while the car is running, a battery that loses charge in a frequently driven car, and unusual noises around the alternator. If you notice any of these signs, see a professional immediately.
3. Starter Motor. The battery powers the starter motor, which then turns the engine. Warnings include sporadic starting issues, clicking sounds, starting issues with a good battery, and a constantly running starter. See a professional right away if you experience any of these problems. The problem could be minor or seriously major and the car could seize, which might then require a total engine replacement.
4. Electrical system. The battery, starter, and alternator form your car’s electrical system and provide power to the windows, windscreen wipers, instrument panel, fuel pump, safety, and other mechanical functions. Warning signs include any mechanical failure. See a professional if one or more mechanical system fails.
5. The clutch. The clutch connects and disconnects the engine’s rotational power to the wheels. Warning sings include difficult or loud gear changes, forward moving car while the clutch is full or almost pressed, a soft and unresponsive clutch, and a burning smell. If you notice any of these problems, stop driving as soon as possible and see a professional. A worn clutch could cause serious transmission system damage.
6. Spark plugs. Spark plugs ignite the fuel in your engine and allow it to run. Warning signs include difficulty starting, rough idling, engine misfire, lack of power, and high fuel consumption.
7. Transmission. The transmission adjusts the power, through gears, from the engine to the drive wheels. Warning signs include difficulty engaging or maintaining gear, stopping when in gear and when clutch is released, hesitation and jumping upon clutch release, shuddering, fluid leakage, extreme heat, and noise. If you experience any of these signs, have your car towed to a professional immediately.
Batteries & More
For over twenty years, Batteries & More has serviced and repaired cars. Its team of highly skilled, trained professionals offers batteries and more and focuses on the following services:
o Starter Motor Repairs
o Alternator Repairs
o Car Battery Services
o Auto Electrical Components
Batteries & More’s professionals inspect, test, and repair these systems. When replacement is necessary, they use only the highest quality parts, at the lowest prices.It offers new car batteries with 1 and 2 year warranties. Or, you can purchase a lower priced reconditioned auto car battery, also with a warranty. Batteries & More also offers a large range of auto electrical components for starters and alternators.
Batteries & More is owner managed, so it fully understands how customers get frustrated and worry over about downtime and loss of income when their vehicles require service. That’s why Batteries and More is a mobile service company. That means it comes out to you. This essentially eliminates downtime.
Batteries & More additionally offers Paintless Dent Removal and Mag / Rim Repair.
You get so much more than car batteries from Batteries & More. You get total peace of mind. Batteries & More offers Alternator Repairs & Replace, Car batteries, Starter motor repairs, Paintless Dent Removal and Mag / Rim Repair and Batteries and more. Contact today online at batteriesandmore.co.za or call at 083 766 9100
About Author :
Batteries & More is providing the Starter motor repairs, Car batteries, Car batteries for sale, Auto car battery, Alternator for sale, Battery store/supplier,
Automobiles Articles1. Tour Du Lịch Vĩnh Hy Ninh Thuận Phan Rang
Author: lê hoàng vỹ linh
2. Smart Vehicle Health Monitoring Solutions In A Digital World
3. Best Long Range Electric Scooters | Urbanvs
Author: Lion James
4. Get Familiar With The Benefits Of Using Original Harley Parts
Author: Levi Fysh
5. How To Make Your Driving School A Successful One?
Author: Nicholas Manchee
6. How To Gain Effective Driving Lessons From An Instructor
Author: Nicholas Manchee
7. Understanding The Benefits Of Led Daytime Running Lights
Author: Hamish Crotty
8. Look For An Authorised Service Centre Always
Author: Oliver Mertin
9. Major Reasons To Choose Car Detailing Services
Author: Anthony Gellatly
10. Electric Scooter - Buying Tips
Author: Jeetender Sharma
11. Best Wide Seat Electric Wheelchair | Urbanvs
Author: Lion James
12. Effective Off-roading Tips For Beginners
Author: Oliver Bennet
13. Best Long-term Car Rental Solution In Costa Rica
Author: Pankaj Gupta
14. Aluminum Die Casting Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Kits At Rockman Industries
15. Best Mobility Scooter For Off-road | Urbanvs
Author: Lion James