ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
A Guide To Protein Snacking
Protein is a power snack that not only keeps blood sugar level steady and slows digestion but also helps keep cravings at bay. According to Alexandra Oppenheimer, RD of Ambitious & Nutritious, protein instils a feeling of satisfaction. And naturally, when you’re satisfied with your diet, you stick to it.
The benefits of high-protein snacks
Regulates blood sugar level: a study consisting of 20 males showed that the ones who were given an early-morning protein snack of plain yoghurt or milk, had a lower blood sugar level.
Helps in losing weight: protein-rich snacks boost satiety facilitating weight loss.
Consuming protein-rich snacks daily for 4 weeks have shown to decrease weight by 1 kg.
Maintain heart’s health: including sufficient amount of protein in your diet (100mg per person) has a proven chance of reducing heart risks by 40%. People who consumed protein-rich foods were seen to have a lower systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure levels when examined.
Try consuming proteins with carbs
This is extremely beneficial when you’re recharging after an aerobic exercise (like running). The protein snacks help you with muscle repair while the carbs are needed for restocking your muscle’s energy level. These two macro-nutrients are considered as an ideal match.
The top protein snacks
Hardboiled eggs: eggs are a powerhouse of protein when consumed in moderation.
String cheese: string cheese is easy to carry as they are individually wrapped and could be tossed in when required.
Roasted chickpeas: they offer 5 grams of protein and fibre for every 120 calories you consume.
Soy beans in pods: edamame is ideal for filling your appetite with the combination of fibre and protein.
Kisar Dhillon is a Portland Personal Trainer with 25 years of experience and expertise in the health & fitness industry. If you want the best Portland Personal training studio, call 503-953-0241.
Fitness Articles1. Health Guard Gamma Oryzanol In Gurgaon
Author: Kamaljeet kumar
2. Face Lift Treatment Cost Sydney
3. How To Make Sure Homemade Protein Powder Is Not Mushy?
Author: Onest Health
4. Dealing With Lockdown: How To Stay Physically & Mentally Fit In Tough Times
5. Best Weight Gain Foods | Weight Gain Diet | Foods To Gain Weight
Author: Best Fitness Website
6. Blood Sugar Test Is Why So Necessary?
Author: Dr. Ratan Prakash
7. Interesting Relationship Of Diabetes, Blood Pressure And Heart Attack
Author: Girish Banvi
8. 9 Ways To Stay Healthy During Pregnancy
Author: nikita syangal
9. Join A Top Center For Sports, Exercises & Complete Fun Plus Mental And Physical Wellness
Author: Peter Goldman
10. Health & Fitness: How To Make Your Body Fit And Healthy
11. Top 3 Reasons To Start Exercising Today
Author: Marko Rakic
12. Alkaline Bottled Water Brands
Author: heart water
13. Buy Adderall And Adderall Xr Pills Online In Us At Cheapest Price
Author: harry max
14. Things One Should Check Before Downloading A Mental Health App
Author: Jack thomson
15. Fat Burner Powder - Vitamin And Thermogenic Supplements
Author: Onest Health