ALL >> Hobbies >> View Article
Explore The World Of Dslr Photography With Proper Knowledge
The easiest way to use a DSLR camera is to put it on auto mode and start clicking. While this may satisfy most amateurs anyone with a passion for photography will want to do more with it. Thus in order to explore the myriad possibilities offered, enrolment into photography school india becomes a necessity.
Some DSLR basics
The manual can be said to be the ultimate reference book for all DSLR basics. But in order to fully understand and practically experience the effects of the DSLR camera purchased, some points need to be given special attention like:
• Mastering the shooting modules: The shooting mode defines the type of image that the camera will take when the shutter is pressed.
For example selection of the auto mode will make the camera automatically decide the exposure required, the aperture and shutter speed etc. Other shooting modes available are Av or Aperture Priority, Tv or Shutter Priority, P or Program, M or manual; these help to give the user additional control over the camera.
• Understanding ISO: This feature defines the sensitivity of the sensor to light. ISO 100 is said to be low sensitivity while ISO 6400 is said to be high sensitivity. For low sensitivity much more light is required for the same kind of exposure that can be achieved with very little light in high sensitivity. But as all digital photography tutorials state, it is always better to take pictures using lower sensitivity and ISO 6400 should ideally be avoided.
• Learning the exposure triangle: The shutter speed, aperture and ISO form the three apices of the exposure triangle. They help to control both the amount of light entering and required by the camera and any change in either of the factors has a direct affect on the other two.
• Metering and exposure compensation: In auto-exposure mode, the camera calculates the average exposure by:
o Accessing the entire scene taking into account both the light and dark areas and
o Determining the exposure in a way that all toned within the image range averages to 18% grey.
This process is known a metering and there are 3 modes to choose from, namely:
o Centre-weighted and
o Spot metering.
Exposure compensation can be done with the help of a button which helps to increase or decrease the meter reading to take into account the actual scene exposure.
• Focussing: This forms the core of all photography courses since if the focus of the image is not right, the quality of the image will always invariably suffer resulting in substandard and hazy images.
• File size and types: Learning the different file types and sizes allows the user to understand which images to store in the different file types thereby making proper use of the mega pixels.
• White balance: Learning about the white balance helps to understand and correct the colour tone of the images taken.
DSLR photography can be one of the most satisfying experiences provided one knows how to be in command and control of the camera and tutorials and workshops are best ways in which to achieve that.
Hobbies Articles1. Why Should You Buy A Watch Box Through An Online Store?
Author: Mr zhang
2. Think Before You Ink: Tips For Finding The Best Tattoo Gloves
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
3. Tattoo Aftercare Tips: Prevent Infections; Keep Your Tattoo Vibrant For Years
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
4. Frsky Transmitter X-lite S Specifications
Author: ada red
5. Don't Forget The Budget When Choosing A Wood Lathe
Author: Gerald K
6. Does Blogging Helps In Curbing Mental Stress? Check Out
Author: Alexa Curtis
7. Best Leisure Activities
Author: BK Vijay
8. A List Of Creative Hobbies
Author: Lavy Johnson
9. Terrace Gardening – 5 Best Practices
Author: BK Vijay
10. Tips On Camping And Hiking
Author: sonia Azrou
11. Where Can I Find Best Motivational Speaker In Delhi, India?
Author: Suresh Mansharamani
12. What To Pack For Summer Camping
Author: Sonia Azrou
13. Snowmobile Covers – Go For The Best Designed Orders Available Online Now
Author: Gavil Seeman
14. All About Insulation And Why Do You Need It?
Author: Aaron Abrams
15. Life-changing Biographies For The Voracious Reader In You