ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Common Causes For Bicycle Accident Claims
Total Articles: 6261
It is a sad fact that Bicycle Accident Claims are on the increase. This article takes a look at some of the most common reasons for bicycle accidents occurring, and it explains how you can reduce the likelihood of being involved in an accident yourself.
One of the most common times an accident happens is when a driver cannot see a cyclist on the road and then collides with them. This will often occur at roundabouts or a T-junctions. There are several things you can do to prevent this from happening. The first is to wear some high visibility clothing which will make it easier for drivers to see you. You can attach flashing lights or reflective stripes onto your bike so that you can be seen more easily at night. You can also wear a cycle helmet to protect yourself in the event of an accident. Try and be more cautious when approaching junctions, cycling on roundabouts, or when you know you are in a driver’s blind spot.
Car Door Opening
Another common accident scenario is when a driver opens the car door without realising a cyclist is cycling past it. Take extra care when you are passing any parked cars that have passengers in them.
Poor weather conditions can increase the probability of a cycling accident from occurring. This can include when it is raining, snowing, windy or icy. In these circumstances you may want to avoid cycling in this weather if it is possible. There are also some special attachments you can get for your bike tyres if you frequently have to travel in these conditions.
Poor Road Conditions
Poor road conditions will increase the likelihood of an accident occurring. Things like potholes have the potential to knock a cyclist off of their bike. To prevent this from happening, try and become more aware and alert of the road conditions. If there is a particularly bad pothole or crack in the road then you can report it to your local council who should make an effort to fix it.
Insurance Articles1. Some Important Tips To Know About Weekly Car Insurance
Author: Charlene Hubbard
2. Investing In Ulip’s – Is It A Good Idea?
Author: Ekta Kariya
3. Why You Can't Do Without Life Insurance?
Author: Absolute Value Insurance
4. How Can You Customize Medical Insurance Plans For Your Family?
5. Work With The Right Mortgage Broker
Author: Horace Edwin
6. Home Mortgage Advice - Do You Qualify?
Author: Gilbert Martin
7. Are You In Need Of Northampton Mortgage And Financing Advice?
Author: Joseph Frank
8. Should You Buy Used Cars Greensboro Nc
9. Advantages Of North Carolina State Credit Union
10. Why Join North Carolina Credit Union
11. The Mortgage Adviser North London Can Help You Find The Best Deals Within No Time
12. Vital Factors To Consider When Selecting Best Health Insurance For Foreigners
Author: Alzbeta berka
13. Reasons To Contact Public Insurance Adjusters In Philadelphia For Help
14. Why Is It Advisable To Avail A Critical Illness Insurance
15. 5 Reasons Why Ulips Are One Of The Best Tax-saving Instruments
Author: Edelweiss Tokio