ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Common Causes For Bicycle Accident Claims
Total Articles: 6261
It is a sad fact that Bicycle Accident Claims are on the increase. This article takes a look at some of the most common reasons for bicycle accidents occurring, and it explains how you can reduce the likelihood of being involved in an accident yourself.
One of the most common times an accident happens is when a driver cannot see a cyclist on the road and then collides with them. This will often occur at roundabouts or a T-junctions. There are several things you can do to prevent this from happening. The first is to wear some high visibility clothing which will make it easier for drivers to see you. You can attach flashing lights or reflective stripes onto your bike so that you can be seen more easily at night. You can also wear a cycle helmet to protect yourself in the event of an accident. Try and be more cautious when approaching junctions, cycling on roundabouts, or when you know you are in a driver’s blind spot.
Car Door Opening
Another common accident scenario is when a driver opens the car door without realising a cyclist is cycling past it. Take extra care when you are passing any parked cars that have passengers in them.
Poor weather conditions can increase the probability of a cycling accident from occurring. This can include when it is raining, snowing, windy or icy. In these circumstances you may want to avoid cycling in this weather if it is possible. There are also some special attachments you can get for your bike tyres if you frequently have to travel in these conditions.
Poor Road Conditions
Poor road conditions will increase the likelihood of an accident occurring. Things like potholes have the potential to knock a cyclist off of their bike. To prevent this from happening, try and become more aware and alert of the road conditions. If there is a particularly bad pothole or crack in the road then you can report it to your local council who should make an effort to fix it.
Insurance Articles1. Health Insurance Company
Author: Kent Pinkerton
2. Compare Health Insurance Online & Plan For The Emergency Room
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
3. The Best Mortgage Advice Liverpool
4. Professional Mortgage Advice Liverpool
5. Mortgage Advisor Leeds Makes The Process Of Mortgage Quick And Easy
6. Help From A Mortgage Broker Sheffield
7. Car Insurance Best Rates
Author: Mike Hearn
8. Few Tips To Remember Before Buying Insurance From Private Companies
Author: Money Classic Research
9. Personal Insurance Is Significant In Dubai
Author: Omega Insurance
10. Education In Dubai Might Increase But Not To Those Who Invest In Child Education Plan.
Author: Omega Insurance
11. Peach Injury - Medical Lien Services
Author: Peach Injury Network LLc
12. 6 Tips To Follow To Get Cheap High Risk Auto Insurance
Author: Victor Cano
13. Welcome Aboard To International Travel
14. Choose Best Home Insurance Company In California And Find A Best Home Insurance Policy
15. 3 Facts That You Must Know About Freight Factoring Services
Author: Husam Jandal