ALL >> General >> View Article
The Repercussions Of Liquor Ban
There are always two sides to a coin; it cannot exist without its interdependent sides. The two can be justified on their terms but both sides will have adverse effects on the audiences as well as the storytellers. This is the story or rather the situation faced by the state governments in the country following the liquor ban (within 500m of the state or national highway) imposed by the nation's Supreme Court as of the 1st of April, 2017.
With state revenue accounting to about 20% from sale of liquor, this reform brought out by the judicial system has become one of the most controversial topics of the 21st century India.
Hotels and restaurants in Chandigarh reported a loss of 3 crore rupees within the first weekend alone. Kerala, a state where the average per capita consumption is higher than the national average of per capita consumption is seeking other alternatives like re-routing state and national highways to fit the rule imposed by the highest order in the country.
States like Madhya Pradesh and Bihar are expected to see drops in revenue of up to 75 billion rupees per annum. According to early estimates, a combined sum of 65,000 crore rupees is at a loss and about 1 million jobs gone by the time the ban took full effect.
This new perspective on alcohol consumption was brought into the limelight solely on the basis of the ever rising road accidents. About 1.5% of the accidents that occur in the nation are while driving under the influence (DUI). To kerb the rising number of victims, this initiative was implemented because the influence of alcohol amounted to 4.2% of total accidents and fatalities amounting to almost 6.4%. With such an extensive road system within the country having some of the longest highways on the planet, it isn’t a surprise in having a fair majority of the bars and outlets that sell liquor along these roads. Coupling the citizens’ interest in binge drinking and driving is a sure shot recipe for disaster.
With the nation's ideals and outlook discouraging the consumption of alcohol; even in the constitution, it isn't a surprise that if the ban on alcohol will be complete across the country. Hoteliers and private enterprises have no other route but the one which is less travelled by. As the country steps into the phase where politicians are trying every card in the deck to lure in the votes, you shouldn't be startled if more reforms that are equally controversial come forward for the better or for the worse.
General Articles1. What Are The Advantges Of Working With A Professional Seo Agency
Author: Thomas Decker
2. How To Make The Most Of Seo Packages?
Author: Thomas Decker
3. Treat Your Cough With Natural Home Remedies
4. Signs Of A Weakened Immune System
5. Business Service Franchise
6. Budgeting Tips For International Students - M Square Media
Author: M Square Media (MSM)
7. Eco-friendly Construction In Hill Stations – Feature Technology
8. Us Taxes For Americans Abroad – Hiring Professional Help Is Significant
9. How Easily Can I Build A Floor Plan For My New Home Before Moving?
10. Top 12 Iot Apps In 2021
Author: Apps in 2021
11. Best Web Design & Development Companies In Us
Author: Guruji Softwares
12. Some Common Step To Resolve Yahoo Bellsouth Email Login On Android
Author: Bellsouth Email login
13. Strengthen Your Relationship Even In This Busy World – Role Of Relationship Counseling Den Haag
Author: Angelika Matthias
14. The Growing Need For Legal Translation In Dubai
Author: Translation in Dubai
15. How To Clean Inflatable Pool Toys
Author: My name is Rhea david