ALL >> Marketing >> View Article
Science's Take On Why Print Advertising Is Effective
We, humans are keen on getting in the depth everything that surrounds us and we tend to keep on experimenting until we get answers. This curiosity leads us to take the path guided by science. We often come across articles talking about the competency of print media but then the same question arises why to use print advertising in this digitizing world? When past decade has seen this digital evolution everywhere, especially in the marketing world, Glossy brochures, fliers, pamphlets and many other printed items have been substituted by a combination of web content, email, and on-demand electronic files.
Digital marketing has its certain place and role in the marketing world but according to neuroscience print media still and will always have the upper hand because of its emotional win in advertising.We aren't talking about any massive switch back to paper contents. But those marketing gurus who have been looking forward for the printing content to be gone entirely may be thrilled by the neuroscience research. As this article will proceed we will stress on how Print advertising is more effective.
We have seen ourselves, ...
... how we get attracted to large format Printing (Billboards) and even government uses these as huge signs to convey messages regarding various things like traffic and to decrease the frequency of accident in accident prone areas.
What made researchers state something which changed the whole approach of marketers?
-A 2009 study done by Bangor University and branding agency Millward Brown used fMRI to study the different effects of paper and digital media. Stated many points like "Physical piece involves more emotional processing which in course helps in registering brands on consumer's mind." and "Physical materials produces more brain responses connected with internal feelings, resulting in manifestation of advertisements"
-A research conducted by The Association of Magazine Media, The white paper quotes a 2011 Ackerman/Goldsmith study which had tested the ability of college students to apprehend the difficult texts through both print and screen. Students reading the text on paper scored, on an average of 10 points higher the pupil read from the screen. According to the research, “The paper-based readers applied better metacognitive strategies to regulate their comprehension of the material, and they had a surer sense of the degree to which they had understood what they were reading.”
There are many such research conducted proving the competency of print advertising.
What does Science say?
1.Brain Tends to Pay More Attention to Print Media: As The white paper had said that "The screen-based reading is more superficial and the paper-based reading is more deliberate and seeks much more attention". Moreover, studies have stated that in the case of screen-based reading we tend to skim through on the other hand in print-based reading we read more actively.
2.Print-based readers focus more and have fewer distractions: The reason of using the services of great designers for getting the best business card printed. As it seeks the attention of the person whom it is provided and will register the information on his/her brain.
3.It triggers our sensory organs: As we tend to grasp information by multiple sensory organs, So print media triggers all those sensory organs and makes print media much more successful.
4. Better and Long remembrance: The white paper also kept front a Millward Brown study that stated “Stronger memory encoding among those who encountered the physical format pieces, compared to the digital format subjects. Their data suggested that the paper format stimulates a strong emotional response that, in turn, makes the materials more memorable.”
So, What makes print advertising so special? People adore the tangibility of holding a brochure or a flier which seeks people's attention. In general, marketers are realizing that print advertising is the key to breaking through the noise online and to reach the audiences directly that they are looking for.
Throughout the article, we have come across the scientific reasons that why print advertising always have the upper hand in the advertising world. Print advertising works well in conjunction with other marketing initiatives and in fact boosts brand consideration and purchasing intent.
Established in 1991, Kayprint.net is Manchester based printing firm which is devoted in customer's service providing a wide variety of service from label designing to Digital & Litho Printing Services, they have numerous other services to provide under one roof.
Marketing Articles1. Dove’s Real Beauty Campaign- Case Study
2. Digital Strategies For M&a Success: Harnessing The Power Of M&a Digital Marketing
3. How To Measure Roi And Roo When Investing In Digital Signage
4. Social Media Agencies Thane Mumbai- Social Media Marketing: Building Brand Identity And Driving Engagement
5. The Pros And Cons Of Google Ads For Medical Practices
Author: Rita Holland
6. 4 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Website Today
Author: First DigiAdd
7. Work Life Balance For Ceos India - From Balance To Boundaries: A Fresh Approach To Achieving Work-life Harmony
8. How To Build An Effective Digital Campaign
9. Unveiling Mumbai's Leading Content Writing Companies: Empowering Brands With Compelling Communication
Author: Grow Media Digital
10. Accelerate Your Digital Success With Digital Amma Webtech
Author: Digital Amma Webtech
11. The Importance Of Online Marketing In Today's Business World
Author: MJ Ceni
12. How To Use Social Media Algorithms To Boost Your Business
Author: Rajni Gobhil
13. Unveiling The Chinese Wedding Furniture Market Unraveling Trends, Designs, And Top Suppliers
Author: Morefar Global
14. 5 Potential Mistakes To Avoid While Choosing A Web Design Company
Author: Notion Technologies
15. Why Tracking Is Essential For Your Business- Tips To Success!