ALL >> Family >> View Article
Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
3 tips to make sure your relationship stays on track
With less than a week until Christmas, many of us are starting to feel the pressure: Which presents do I still need to buy? Did I bake enough cookies for my son’s class? What should I wear to the holiday party? While you’re busy shopping, decorating and party planning, your partner seems to get neglected, after 20 years of marriage I should know! How can you keep the romance alive with your significant other?
Did you know that December is the month with highest rate of breakups? With all the stress that comes with the holiday season it’s no wonder! This year rather than letting breakup season get you down, view this time of year as an opportunity to strengthen your relationship.
Try these three tips to get through the season and make your relationship better than ever.
Acknowledge the small things
Even in small, everyday ways, like bringing him coffee in the morning or acknowledging something that he’s done. They may seem little to you but chances are he’s pulling his weight too. During this high time of stress it’s important not to take each other for granted, and to express your gratitude and appreciation when your partner does something thoughtful or caring. Love is in the details.
2. Communicate with compassion
If you feel like you are constantly arguing with your partner, take a step back and try to look at the situation from their perspective. The next time you discuss the issue, start by stating that your goal is to resolve the conflict. This shows that you are putting the relationship ahead of your own ego, and your partner will be more open to listen and work with you to fix what’s wrong.
3. Make time for fun
It’s normal to get swept up in the craziness of our everyday lives, but it’s so important to remember to make your relationship a priority. Friendship is the foundation of love so schedule time to do things you both enjoy—whether it’s going out to eat at your favorite restaurant, meeting up for coffee during the day, sitting down to watch a movie together, or planning a trip. Keep the romance alive!
How will you show your partner you care this holiday season? Share your comments below!
Family Articles1. Food | The Soul Of Every Kid’s Birthday Party
2. Best Ideas To Celebrate International Women's Day In India
Author: Laxmi R
3. Hire Housekeeping Services Today!
Author: Brian Jones
4. Essentials To Live A Healthy Relationship
Author: Gaurav Chhabra
5. How To Purchase Right Baby Bottles
Author: Anpei Baby Products Co., Ltd
6. Here’s Why Diaper Pants And Baby Wipes Are A Must Have
7. Common Things People Forget To Do Before Moving Homes
Author: Simon Scofield
8. 3 Ways To Save Yourself From Matrimony Fraud
Author: Cupid Knot
9. Questions To Ask During Your Initial Consultation With A Divorce Lawyer
Author: Edmund Brunetti
10. Which Is The Best Exercise For Bladder Incontinence
11. Mood Tracker Basics For Preschools And Daycares
Author: ruchi jain
12. Society Management App: Nearly Everything You Need To Know
13. What Is Cold Insulation?
Author: Ayesha Malick
14. Why You Need To See A Doctor When Flu
Author: Red River ER
15. 5 Amazing Birthday Gifts For Him
Author: Superb Birthday Gifts Ideas