ALL >> Art >> View Article
Fidget Spinners - Everything You Need To Know
The popularity of children’s toys can change in a heartbeat, and this can make it difficult for parents to stay up to date with the latest trends and crazes. Yo-yo’s, Rubik’s Cube, Mr. Potato Head, Hula Hoop’s and Lego’s are all famous toys throughout history, but what are kids playing with today?
Just recently there has been a new toy to hit the market which has taken the world by storm, and this looks set to become one of the biggest crazes of recent times. It is hard to avoid fidget spinners at the moment, and they are proving to be popular with both kids and adults alike. Here is everything you need to know about this new toy.
What is it?
A fidget spinner is a handheld ball-bearing device which the user can rotate between their fingers. They contain a bearing in a circle in the centre, with three or more prongs coming from this which spins while the user holds the centre pad. The momentum keeps the divide spinning, which can be both fun and very satisfying for the user.
What do you do with them?
In addition to the satisfaction of spinning the toy, users can also perform tricks much like a Yo-Yo - this includes roasting them between fingers, tossing them in the air and twirling them. The challenge of learning these tricks are key in what has made them so popular right now.
Why are they popular?
The toy is marketed to be a stress-relieving toy - this makes them useful for both kids and adults. They are supposed to help those who have trouble focusing or those with anxiety as a release mechanism for nervous energy, with experts even claiming that they are useful for those suffering from ADHD, autism and anxiety.
Do they have health benefits?
Currently, opinion is divided as to whether or not they help people to relieve stress or help those suffering from ADHD, autism and anxiety. However, many schools allow them in the classroom, and many people claim that they help with stress, while many also simply enjoy playing with them.
Where did they come from?
Although it is in 2017 that they have exploded in popularity, the fidget spinner originated in 1993 by Catherine Hettinger - a chemical engineer. At the end of 2016, they appeared in an article as the “must have toy of 2017", and soon videos appeared online of people playing with them. They have since become hugely popular around the world and are used by both adults and kids for stress relief and fun.
Right now, there is no toy hotter than this, and they are certainly worth checking out.
Art Articles1. Business And Brand Promotions Through Exclusive Drinkable Art Displays/installations
Author: Justin Garcia
2. Give An Astonishing Look To An Enormous House With The Best Interior Design.
Author: Alan Waxman
3. Get The Single Edition Photographic Prints Of Your Favourite Art
Author: Leo Jaxon
4. Want Discrete Art For Your Place? Pick Zuzu Original Artworks
Author: Tekè Gallery
5. Fine Art Nature Abstract Photography – An Art In Much Demand Today
Author: Leo Jaxon
6. New Mental Health Talk Show Comes To Youtube Aimed To Help Improve Mental Health Awareness
7. Professional Wedding Photographers In Coimbatore | Bridal Wedding Photography In Coimbatore | Pictur
8. What Do Experts Say About Hiring On Video Production Company?
9. Managing Videos For The Trade Shows
10. How To Find The Best Tattoo Artist In Charlotte
Author: Dexter Brown
11. 3 Mistakes To Avoid When You Hire A Wedding Photographer
Author: Hugo Brown
12. Famous Musicals You Should Watch
Author: Edmund Brunetti
13. Well-designed Custom Banners Can Leave An Excellent First Impression On The Probable Customers
Author: 704 Sign Printing
14. Sunnie Sun Productions Announces Toronto's "kpop North" Tour Dates With Toronto's Amg Cross-promoti
15. The Magical Journey Continues In Brayden’s Magical Pirate Ship Adventure