ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
3 Areas Of Residential Air Conditioning Maintenance
Residential air conditioning systems are complex; they are filled with mechanical, electrical and electronic components. It would appear that a layman should have no place even considering working on this kind of equipment. To a certain extent that is true, but there are some preventative maintenance tasks that anyone with some basic DIY skills can carry out. These three maintenance tips can help to prevent more expensive repairs, but they are not a substitute for a professional service.
If you’re in any doubt about what you’re doing, stop and call a professional for advice.
1. A Water Leak:
Sometimes, people notice that there is a puddle of water that has formed under an air conditioning unit. Many people wrongly assume that this is some kind of plumbing leak and call out a plumber in error. In many cases, this is actually caused by condensation that has collected inside the air conditioner in a drip tray. It may be the case that the drip tray drain has become clogged with dirt and debris. Having nowhere to go, the collected condensate begins to overflow from the drip trap. It is possible to clean the condensate drain and get the unit draining again.
2. A Frozen Coil:
Many people would consider a frozen evaporator coil on a residential air conditioning system to be quite normal. In fact, this is quite a concerning development that needs urgent attention. It is the refrigerant that is cycled via the compressor through your system that removes the heat outdoors. However, this refrigerant is not supposed to freeze at any point in this closed system. When coils are frozen, they can become damaged and may even need to be replaced. There are three reasons why this may be happening; they are a low level of refrigerant, a dirty air filter, and a damaged fan motor. A dirty air filter is easy to replace, but refrigerant issues and damaged fans should be looked at by a professional.
3. Excessive Wear and Tear:
As we mentioned earlier, there are moving parts in your air conditioning system. Over time these parts can move around because of vibrations and wear and tear. This will result in strange rattling noises in your system that out of place. Keep an ear out for this kind of noise; it is a warning that something is not right and a part needs to be adjusted or replaced. Call a professional, get the problem corrected early and the repair bill will be lower.
If they would like to know more about residential air conditioning, Perth residents should contact us. Gas & Air are your local air conditioning experts, we supply, install and service all kinds of domestic and commercial heating and cooling equipment. We pride ourselves on the high standard of our work and offer a professional yet affordable service. Get in touch for more information, and we will be happy to answer any remaining questions you may have.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Novozymes (denmark) And Basf (germany) Are The Key Players In The Enzymes Market
2. Major Players In The Malt Extracts And Ingredients Market
3. 9 Styles Of Chai Preparations That You Are Depriving Yourself Of
Author: Halmari Tea
4. T-fal Actibread Bread Machine Review
Author: Ryan Hall
5. U.s. Companies Exploring The Indian Market
Author: Susta India
6. Join Nfci Cooking Classes In Chandigarh – Best Hotel Management Institute
Author: smith angel
7. 5 Simple Techniques For Bikaneri Bhujia Packet
Author: Priniti Foods Pvt Ltd
8. Top Tips Before Going For Dining In Gold Coast Restaurants
Author: Backbone Bar
9. Covid-19 Impact On Water-soluble Fertilizer Industry Trends, Growth, Opportunity Assessment
Author: Nikhil khadilkar
10. Covid-19 Impact On Sugar Confectionery Industry Analysis, Supply Chain, Global Qualitative Insight
Author: Nikhil khadilkar
11. Market Leaders In Food Diagnostics Market
12. Restaurant Online Ordering App & Ordering Systems
13. Food As Medicine – Eating Properly For Immunity And Health
Author: Satjit Kumar
14. Mango Dehydrator Dehydrates The Mangoes Properly!
Author: James Rodriguez
15. Asia Pacific To Dominate The Plant Extracts Market, By Application, Throughout 2025