ALL >> Health >> View Article
Laws Governing The Privacy Of E-prescription
E-prescriptions are computer generated prescriptions, instead of writing on a piece of paper, your healthcare provider create directly to their system. Your prescriptions are sent electronically through a secured and private network to your pharmacy-with the prescription pad network.
E-prescribing gives benefits to its users in many ways, like- Your prescription Reaches to your pharmacy before you leave your doctor. Very convenient way, as you need not to make extra trip to your pharmacy by dropping off your prescription.
It becomes very easy to understand as there is no handwritten prescription.
With the help of E-prescription, now it is very for your doctor to prescribe most cost effective medication based on your insurance coverage.
Laws protecting the privacy of e-prescription Information related to all your personal health, Mentioned in your prescription whether written or electronic, is protected by a federal laws and state laws. The federal law is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
HIPAA ensures that your personal health information be shared only for the purpose of providing you the clinical care. E-prescriptions provide this assurance. Enforcement Administration (DEA) Regulations for controlled substance e-prescribing took effect in June 1, 2010, state boards of pharmacy are offering guidance to licensees regarding DEA e-prescribing software requirements and the legality of controlled substance e-prescribing in their respective states.
E-prescribing software developers are in the process of ensuring that products meet the new DEA requirements and have the required certifications.
DEA’s Rule on e-prescribing formally allows electronic prescribing of controlled substances, and provides regulations by which e-prescribing will be governed. According to rule, before any prescriber or pharmacist can prescribe or receive any e-prescription for controlled substance, software being used should be certified by an approved outside agency.
DEA rules eliminates barrier to e-prescribing adoption, as pharmacists and prescribers no longer needed to maintain a dual workflow to accommodate electronic prescription. Prescription Pad operates an e-prescribing Network and issues regular reports tracking the status of e-prescription.
As hurdles are overcome, Electronic Prescribing Software Standards and Data Storage, to the updating of state laws - e-prescribing will have a chance to achieve its potential as a universal, efficient, and safer method of helping patients access their medications.
Implementation of E-prescribing rules While the legality of e-prescribing controlled substances will vary from state-to-state for some time to come, e-prescribing as a whole will likely continue to take a firmer hold throughout the country-with the new DEA regulations removing a major barrier to its further adoption.
Health Articles1. Immunotech : The Systemic Enzyme Based Immuno-modulator In Poultry
Author: Pravin J
2. How To Take Care Of Oral Health With A Busy Traveling Schedule
Author: Ajay Agarwal
3. Clear Understanding Of Various Heart Conditions Or Heart Disease
4. How To Strengthen Tooth Enamel By Qc Dentistry
5. What Would Be The Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine Fibroids) Total Market Size As Well As Market Size By T
6. What Would Be The Thyroid Cancer Total Market Size As Well As Market Size By Therapies Across The 7m
7. Exercises That Help In Healing Heel Pain
Author: Dave Woods
8. Things You Need To Know That How Adjustable Beds Prevent Snoring
Author: Ajay Agarwal
9. Reasons To Stick On The Nutritive Value Supplements
Author: Dave Morgan
10. Acupuncture Needles: Choosing The Right Needle Size For Treating Pain
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
11. Codependent Relationships & Substance Abuse
Author: Care Addiction Center
12. Why Using Organic Products For Your Baby Is The Best Choice Today
Author: Vipin Ramola
13. Miracle Treatment By Stem Cells
Author: Wilson Bamford
14. Order Now High Quality Medications No Rx With Overnight Delivery.
Author: harry max
15. The Smallpox Market Report Provides Current Treatment Practices, Emerging Drugs