ALL >> General >> View Article
New Marathi Movies
At the multiplexes in Mumbai it’s the popcorn that wins. Sold at a premium, popcorn and other refreshments fetch about 40 per cent of the total revenue for the multiplex owners — something they cannot expect when a Marathi film is screened. Popcorn, colas, sandwiches, patties and other edibles are the favourites of those movie-goers who prefer blockbuster Hindi films and action-packed English movies. And so, not surprisingly, Marathi films, even if they are acclaimed, lose out to Hindi films and the flicks churned out by Hollywood.
Example more than often a new marathi movies gets pulled out of the multiplex only to give way to Hindi and English movies.
Citing an example, Sanjay Jadhav, who directed the film Duniyadari (2014), said: “My friend Aditya Sarpotdar’s film Classmate was released in February. It was doing well for six weeks. "It was getting screened at 225 theatres, which increased to 300 theatres across Maharashtra. But it was abruptly taken off the multiplexes just to accommodate Hindi releases.” Sarpotdar’s film Mitwa, which was released in 2014, also got a very good response, but the film ...
... was taken off the multiplexes for Hindi films. Marathi film-makers, producers and distributors are more dependent on the multiplexes because of the profit-sharing model.
While in a multiplex the distributor can take away 45 per cent of the revenue generated from ticket sales, in case of a single-screen movie hall, the profit depends on whether the theatre is packed with audience.You can also watch marathi movies online
Unlike a multiplex, a single-screen movie hall is rented out, and a distributor can expect to make profit only after that rent is covered by ticket sales.
Explaining how it works, Marathi film distributor Sameer Dixit said: “For instance, for the Bharat Mata Cinema Hall at Lalbaug, the weekly rent is Rs 30,000. One ‘House Full’ show yields Rs 4,250 and at Rs 15,000 per day it would require two days of ‘House Full’ shows to recover the rent. What follows thereafter is profit.”
But one has to remember that in case of singlescreen halls, the seating capacity is much higher than that in a multiplex.
General Articles1. Why Office Desks Are Important For Any Corporate House?
Author: office master
2. How To Cut In Painting
3. Chennai Super Kings Beats Kolkata Knight Riders Ipl 2021
Author: Karthik Chandra
4. Get To Know About All Available Ivf Packages In Delhi And Associated Benefits
Author: Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
5. Overview On Carbon Steel Flanges
Author: Western Steel Agency
6. Mankind Pharma: Enabling A Healthier World
Author: Karan Kumar
7. 6 Ways Pallets Can Make Your Warehouse Operations More Efficient
Author: pallets in poole
8. Why Your Store Design And Layout Should Appeal To Young Shoppers
Author: shopfitters London
9. L & T Valve Dealer In India - Ridhiman Alloys
Author: ridhiman alloys
10. Yellow Hakik Mala
Author: Shikha Sharma
11. Ecommerce Marketing Strategies
12. What Is Devops As A Service?
Author: sataware tech
13. Top Quality Mild Steel Pipes And Tubes Manufacturer And Supplier In India
Author: tirox steel
14. Make Your Discussions Smooth And Health With Contemporary Meeting Tables
Author: office master
15. Top Innovative Uses Of Container Shelter
Author: Quality Domes Direct