ALL >> General >> View Article
New Marathi Movies
At the multiplexes in Mumbai it’s the popcorn that wins. Sold at a premium, popcorn and other refreshments fetch about 40 per cent of the total revenue for the multiplex owners — something they cannot expect when a Marathi film is screened. Popcorn, colas, sandwiches, patties and other edibles are the favourites of those movie-goers who prefer blockbuster Hindi films and action-packed English movies. And so, not surprisingly, Marathi films, even if they are acclaimed, lose out to Hindi films and the flicks churned out by Hollywood.
Example more than often a new marathi movies gets pulled out of the multiplex only to give way to Hindi and English movies.
Citing an example, Sanjay Jadhav, who directed the film Duniyadari (2014), said: “My friend Aditya Sarpotdar’s film Classmate was released in February. It was doing well for six weeks. "It was getting screened at 225 theatres, which increased to 300 theatres across Maharashtra. But it was abruptly taken off the multiplexes just to accommodate Hindi releases.” Sarpotdar’s film Mitwa, which was released in 2014, also got a very good response, but the film ...
... was taken off the multiplexes for Hindi films. Marathi film-makers, producers and distributors are more dependent on the multiplexes because of the profit-sharing model.
While in a multiplex the distributor can take away 45 per cent of the revenue generated from ticket sales, in case of a single-screen movie hall, the profit depends on whether the theatre is packed with audience.You can also watch marathi movies online
Unlike a multiplex, a single-screen movie hall is rented out, and a distributor can expect to make profit only after that rent is covered by ticket sales.
Explaining how it works, Marathi film distributor Sameer Dixit said: “For instance, for the Bharat Mata Cinema Hall at Lalbaug, the weekly rent is Rs 30,000. One ‘House Full’ show yields Rs 4,250 and at Rs 15,000 per day it would require two days of ‘House Full’ shows to recover the rent. What follows thereafter is profit.”
But one has to remember that in case of singlescreen halls, the seating capacity is much higher than that in a multiplex.
General Articles1. Motivate Your Employees With Proper Office Furniture
Author: office master
2. Why Shelf-life Study Of Packaged Food Items Is Required
Author: Rahul Gupta
3. Paints, Lighting And Home Decor
4. Ambush Marketing Case Study
Author: Robert Cooper
5. React Native App Development: Key Factors That Minimize The Development Costs!
Author: Ash Rakars
6. Cpa Full Form | Cpa Exam In India | Cpa Location In India | Cpa Course
Author: Sailaja simandhar
7. How Can Managed Seo Services Impact Your Business?
Author: Jane Edison
8. All About The Upcoming Wwdc 2021, Leaks, And Expected Releases
Author: Blanche Harris
9. 5g Available For Ipad Users, Know More About How To Enable The Feature
Author: Blanche Harris
10. Types Of Branding Services That Can Benefit Any Business
Author: Mike Miller
11. Why To Choose Custom Mobile App Development For Your Business?
Author: Ethan Hunt
12. How To Choose The Right App Development Platform?
Author: Maulik Shah
13. 5 Major Benefits Of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
Author: Ingenious Results
14. Credit Card Processing An Efficient Business Approach
15. Reasons To Get Stone Retaining Wall Installation For Your Property
Author: Deena Rallen