ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
5 Skills In Security Testing You Need To Build For 2017
As cyber security has become one of the biggest areas of concern both for the individual and the enterprise, more number of security testing experts are required.
According to industry statistics, by 2019, a massive 6 million security testing experts will be needed and there would only be 4 to 5 million professionals with right skills.
Some of the key domains of security testing skills that are going to be in demand big time are lined up here.
1. Machine learning
For advanced form of threat, machine learning solutions are emerging strong.
In this technology the machine is not something that works as programmed but grows its abilities through self-learning, just like human brain. It is in line with artificial intelligence and still is the most sophisticated form of technology devised.
2. Incident response plan and Malware analysis with Sandbox
As we prepare to detect and resist threats, we must also have detail plan of action when security has been transgressed. To minimize the degree of damage, Incident Response plan is a powerful security testing measure.
This area of security skill is to do with damage control in the aftermath of data breach or any other attack on cyber security. Knowing the deft use of right tools, a skilled Incident response planner is able to rise to the emergency situation to address and manage the harm in the best possible manner.
Many big corporations are investing in Incident Response and threat intelligence professionals to build better fortresses and responses against cyber breaches.
3. Malware analysis with Sandbox
Malware is the big old enemy and cannot get detected by regular antivirus systems. It can trigger a wide range of disruptions in automated systems. Sandbox is a very strong mechanism of detecting malwares from unverified or untrusted sources. Works as a standalone, Sandbox ensures no harm to the host system. A 60 % increase in Malware analyst position noticed in the last two years and is expected to grow manifold.
For a long time it was a cumbersome task to blacklist the ever-growing and ever-changing army of viruses. The new whitelisting security approach has proved to be more apt. Whitelisting applications allow only pre-approved programmes and services while closing all other probabilities of deceptive applications.
5. Privileged Access Management
Security testing is about building an integrated solution for controlling all privileged or authentic accounts. Managing authentication and authorization of a user, who needs access to a system is a security testing skill of great worth.
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is another kind of integrated authentication system comprising computer systems, policies and standards. It creates, distributes or cancels digital keys and certificates.
Authentication of identity and Access is essential for an organization’s smooth functioning, and this is a key expertise to be built.
Security is a prime concern and more the threats or vulnerabilities, better are the efforts to fight them with newer and smarter technologies. Both businesses and governments depend heavily on security testing experts and will continue to do so for some obvious operational and performance reasons.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Portable Ultrasonic Usb Humidifier Brings Good Health On The Use!
Author: Buysmart Accs
2. What Are The Components Of Software Quality Assurance?
3. Scrape Retail Location Data With Locationscloud
4. How To Ensure Effective Sap Business Policy Management
5. Iphone Stuck On The Apple Logo Screen? Here’s How To Fix It
Author: elina john
6. Reasons Linkedin Automation Tools Can Get Your Account Blocked And How You Can Avoid This
Author: Marya Lizabeth
7. How To Implement Segregation Of Duties (sod) In Sap
8. What Is The Role Of A Podcast Producer?
Author: Barry Elvis
9. Why Cold Calling Is Becoming Obsolete
Author: Marya Lizabeth
10. Why Opt For Cloud Testing In It Modernization?
Author: Michal Wade
11. Importance Of Timely Furnace Repair & Maintenance
12. How To Get Advertisers For Your Podcast
Author: Barry Elvis
13. Remote Desktop Vs Vpn - Everything You Need To Know
Author: James F Bartlett
14. Data Security Standards And Some Best Practices
15. Why Your Contracts Need Your Attention