ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Exposed Beams -- Trend Or Timeless?
Total Articles: 40
Exposed ceiling beams are a an interesting architectural feature that add a unique flair to any space. Have you been thinking of incorporating beams into your home decor, but you aren't sure if they will complement your design style?
Ceiling beams are a popular home decor element in many homes today. They largely stem from rustic designs; however, they can be incorporated with many design styles. Wooden beams can be added to contrast with a cold, clean look, or it can accentuate an already warm design style. A good rule of thumb is to include exposed beams with styles that typically incorporate natural finishes. This can include rustic, farmhouse, Scandinavian, and traditional. Our advice is to avoid pairing rustic wooden beams with an overly modern design. The texture of the wood can be an eyesore in an otherwise sleek design. For more modern homes, we recommend metal beams instead.
Exposed beams can be incorporated in place of a load-bearing wall, or simply for decorative reasons. We have recently completed two kitchen remodels that included exposed ceiling beams. One remodel incorporated exposed beams because of the removal of a load-bearing wall, while the other included beams to accentuate the design style. The added beams in each home give off a completely different mood; however, they each aesthetically accentuate the room.
Whether they are used for structural reasons, or for design flair, there is no doubt that exposed beams add visual interest to homeowners and guests alike. It is important to take the room size an ceiling height when considering an exposed beam. Since exposed beams are meant to accentuate a space, it is important to not pick beams that feel to heavy. This can make a space feel claustrophobic. Instead, choose beams that are relatively the same proportion to your decor.
Exposed beams are a great visual element for any space. They can work seamlessly with with many design styles and give your home that extra "flair." Even though they have become very popular over the last few years, we believe that exposed beams are here to stay in the design world. Thinking about incorporating exposed beams in your home? It is best to consult a home improvement expert since installing exposed beams can be tricky. Give Balducci Additions and Remodeling a call at 804-730-0982 to schedule an appointment for a free estimate!
Home and Garden Articles1. What To Consider For Kitchen Renovation In New York?
Author: MyHome Design & Remodeling
2. Dp Doors For Better Security – What Do You Need To Know About The Best Doors
Author: Ruel Del Pilar
3. Crime Safe Security Doors – The Safety Of Your Loved Ones Comes First
Author: Ruel Del Pilar
4. How Legitimate Langley Attic Insulation Can Set Aside You Cash
Author: Aron Abrams
5. Keep The Garage Door In Good Shape With A Quick Garage Door Repair And Installation Service!
6. Expert Concrete Patio Organization
Author: Mark Moore
7. Decluttering Company In Washington, D.c.
Author: Ariel Assist
8. Diy Kitchen Renovation - Advantages And Disadvantages
Author: James Kyle
9. Decorative Wrought Iron And Ornamental Iron Components, Fencing Hardware, Railing Parts, Gate Grill
Author: FINEDGE INC
10. Hardwood Flooring: Type & Colour Trends For The Year 2019
Author: Bernard Wogan
11. 5 Top Tile Tips When Choosing Kitchen Tiles
Author: Maheshwari Impex
12. Balustrade Fence Nz – Why You Should Choose Our Organization For This?
13. Manage Every Aspect Of Relocation With Relocation Service In Silicon Valley
Author: Les Vinney
14. Important Tips For Choosing The Right Gate Installation Company
Author: Important Tips for Choosing The Right Gate Install
15. Tips For Maintaining The Electrical System At Your Home
Author: Kane Adamson