ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Iot Performance Testing
In recent times, the coverage area of Internet of Things (IoT) has expanded exponentially and has become inclusive of the everyday objects and appliances. The overall testing pattern of IoT devices is completely different from those of regular web and mobile applications. Here, performance testing is mainly concerned with testing the internal computation between the devices and the network infrastructure. But, before we can discuss the right approach of testing the performance of IoT, it is important to understand the different challenges faced during testing.
Testing APIs: A smart device needs to work on a wide variety of devices and web browsers in order to maximize its reach to the audience.
This requires that the developers use API Testing and performance testing tools in order to make sure that the web interface of the IoT device works correctly with all the major browsers, platforms as well as a number of screen sizes.
High Volume Usage: Service Virtualization is a good approach to run IoT Performance Testing on the servers. The testers need to be aware of the threshold limits where the infrastructure will eventually start demonstrating a degraded user experience. An increased number of device volumes also imply that more devices will compete for the same radio frequency spectrum causing slow communication with the servers and end-users.
CPU Testing Vs Real World Testing: Performance Testing through Service Virtualization and direct CPU Testing does not completely cover for real-world situations. They are prone to problems related to infrastructure, overburdened WiFi channels, unreliable network, and slow Internet connections.
User Interaction: This refers to how the devices are actually used by the end users. Hence, testing an application calls for an adjusted look at the IoT performance testing tools and performance monitoring processes.
The best approach to address the challenges listed above is to prioritize the test cases. Since everything is not required to be tested, it is better to identify the key areas which may be required for the longest testing time. It needs to be taken into consideration that the priority of test cases will vary through devices. The same kind of testing may not hold equal priority for every device or application. Hence, defining the objective of an IoT device is the first approach for its successful performance testing. Test cases can be generated by defining use cases of the objects. Failover or Disaster Recovery testing for both the hardware and software is critical. Both require varied scenarios for a complete test coverage. A suitable testing tool can be used to test the device performance in an appropriate and timely manner.
Performance Testing of IoT has now become a commonplace. Although IoT brings a new level of complexity in the processes, new and improved testing tools will help to make the testing process easier over time.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Global Mobile Lms Software Market Status (2015-2019) And Forecast (2020-2025)
Author: Statzy Market research
2. Buy Genuine Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019 For Your Need
Author: Nadir Fekkak
3. Automate The Potential Activities In Business With The Ml Service
4. Radiologists Service – Excellent To Perform Effective Exam For Treatment
5. Difference Between E-learning And E-commerce?
6. 7 Signs That Your Phone Needs Repair
Author: Angelika Muderris
7. Key Trends That Will Shape The Digital Journey In 2021
Author: James Danel
8. Music Streaming Services Plays Crucial Role In Life
Author: Knowledge Based Value (KBV) Research
9. Should You Opt For A Tesla Powerwall Home Battery Setup?
10. How To Use The Ecg App On Apple Watch
Author: Sofiya John
11. Samsung Has Created A Robot That Can Do Your Dishes And Pour You A Glass Of Wine
Author: Elisa Wilson
12. Pavel Durov Claims That The Telegram Has Generated 25 Million Users In Just Three Days
Author: Elisa Wilson
13. How Extenders Of Wi-fi Works And Is It Only Option For Us?
Author: joseph smith
14. Security Vulnerabilities In React And Standard Practices To Overcome Them!
Author: Ash Rakars
15. What Are The Benefits Of Garage Workbenches?
Author: Paul Macmillan