ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
The Benefits Of Selenium Testing In 7 Key Areas
The challenges are for writing complex scripts with respect to the processes, standards, functionalities and objectives that are part of the software. As a new kid on the block, Selenium Testing has come to meet these challenges thereby letting testers breathe easy. Selenium Software Testing framework is an open source architecture that is updated from time to time by thousands of developers making it robust and easy to use, not to mention its cost effectiveness. Importantly, Selenium Testing Experts find it easy to integrate various test tools like Hudson, QMetry, and SauceLabs among others, rendering Selenium flexible and highly adaptable.
Testing of software has indeed come a long way – from the traditional manual testing with a distinct phase of its own in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to the new Agile/DevOps induced automated testing. At the outset, even though automated testing appears to answer all the challenges associated with testing, it is not as comprehensive and certainly not easy to develop. The success of automated testing depends on test scripts that are written by keeping a variety of factors in mind. These factors include complex methodologies and coding standards to check and validate the scale of functionalities, range of outcomes, and business objectives. Any glitch in the automation script would mean compromising the final test outcome.
To ease the travails of test automation experts, Joseph Huggins and his colleagues came out with a GUI based architecture called Selenium. This tool with its interactive easy to use features is based on an open source code that can be modified by any developer or tester worth his salt. This is opposed to a third party proprietary test software suite that is costly and inflexible to total customization.
Selenium Web Application Testing provides an easy to use GUI interface to write test scripts for validating functionalities, usability and responsiveness of a website, besides putting it to reuse.
Selenium Testing Tools have three distinct modules:
1. Selenium IDE – Also known as the record playback mode or Integrated Development Environment, it is useful to log test conditions, write codes, and integrate the same in a comprehensive suite.
2. Selenium RC – or the Remote Control mode, it executes test scripts on multiple browsers.
3. Selenium Grid – Provides final validation by running the above two modes on test cases.
Seven key reasons for using Selenium Testing Services
1. Highly resilient: Among many Robust Testing Strategies, the adaptability of Selenium Testing Tools with various browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc., comes as a boon. Besides, these support a number of programming languages like Java, C++, Perl, PHP and .NET thus not restricting testers to use the Selenium script.
2. Quicker testing: In an Agile environment, developer(s) or a Selenium Tester would find it easy to carry out parallel tests on multiple devices with Selenium Testing Services, and write test cases even without learning a test scripting language.
3. Cost effective: The low licensing cost of Selenium Testing Tools makes these worthwhile for enterprises to adopt and execute. Furthermore, the flexibility, reusability, and scalability render these ideal for validating load testing.
4. Custom oriented: The open source code of Selenium Testing Tools can be easily tweaked and tailor-made to meet an enterprise’s testing needs.
5. Better deliverables: Robust Selenium Tests generate better deliverables as opposed to proprietary test suites, for glitches and security issues are addressed by a large pool of developers.
6. Test Virtualization: The tools allow testers to develop virtual resources thus rendering the process independent of third party vendors.
7. Independent: Embodying open source architecture, Selenium Testing Services are not tied to the rules or priorities of vendors. Here, decision making and execution are entirely in hands of testers.
Michael Works for Gallop Solutions, it is a 10 year old, US based Colocated Independent Software Testing & QA Staffing Services Company with offices in Dallas and Philadelphia.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Why Cloud-based Automation Tools Are The Best Alternatives To Chrome Extensions
Author: Marya Lizabeth
2. Sap Grc Access Control And Compliance Management
3. Cloud-based Linkedin Automation - The Best Way To Generate Leads Without Linkedin Ban
Author: Marya Lizabeth
4. Digital Transformation Journey With Office 365 Consulting Services
Author: Krishna Gogula
5. How To Build A Development Team & Project?
Author: Sataware Technologies
6. Bespoke Software Vs Off-the-shelf Software. What To Choose?
Author: Julia Kuklenko
7. What Are The Various Test Automation Frameworks?
8. Portable Ultrasonic Usb Humidifier Brings Good Health On The Use!
Author: Buysmart Accs
9. What Are The Components Of Software Quality Assurance?
10. Scrape Retail Location Data With Locationscloud
11. How To Ensure Effective Sap Business Policy Management
12. Iphone Stuck On The Apple Logo Screen? Here’s How To Fix It
Author: elina john
13. Reasons Linkedin Automation Tools Can Get Your Account Blocked And How You Can Avoid This
Author: Marya Lizabeth
14. How To Implement Segregation Of Duties (sod) In Sap
15. What Is The Role Of A Podcast Producer?
Author: Barry Elvis