ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Best Strategies For Test Automation Of Software
Before any software or application is released into production, it has to be tested rigorously. The process which involves software tools to run pre-scripted tests on the target application is referred to as Test Automation. As this method involves a very limited set of scripts, it can simplify the testing process for manufacturers. There are several benefits of Test Automation:
• It does not consume as much resources as unit testing
• This test can be carried out innumerable times
• The Test Automation tools keep track of every new bug and thus remain upgraded
• Test Automation can radically improve test results through reruns
• Specific user environments can be simulated through well categorized keystrokes and mouse clicks
Instead of manually testing out every user scenario, they can be programmed into a unique software, which can then carry out automated tests on other new software, thus reducing the time and effort involved in the process.
It Is Better to Have a Dedicated Testing Team
There is a vast difference between manual testing and Test Automation. From the tools used to the time and effort required, Test Automation is a full-fledged responsibility. It is always advisable to build a dedicated team for Test Automation, including one automation architect and several automation engineers working with him or her.
Choose Your Tools Practically
Know your company's system and resources inside out. When choosing your testing tool, make sure it runs well with the platform your company usually runs on and that it also integrates well with the resources and framework the test application is based on. This helps keep the cost down and also makes the testing process seamless and future proof.
Do Not Rely Solely on the Automation Tool
Building the automation tool can aid in the process of testing but it is not the only aspect. The tools cannot work alone if the testers are not familiar with them. When building a team, make sure your testers are acquainted with the way the automation tool is supposed to work. The tools can be buggy and might not be able to test complex processes by themselves if the engineers are not skilled enough.
Know the Application Being Tested
It is very important to have a clear knowledge of the application or software you are testing. This can help in choosing the tools so that the test runs well. For example, in case of a web application, knowing the browser can be a great time saver; for a desktop application, the programming language is a crucial part as unsupported tools can lead to undue complications.
Test Automation Is Not for Everything
Manual testing is necessary no matter what, and automated testing cannot replace it. The main purpose of Test Automation is to prevent repeated testing for the same thing so that manual testers can save time and effort and instead focus on newer testing scenarios and bugs which automated tests cannot handle.
It Is Better to Avoid GUI Automation When Possible
GUI automation can be a tricky process and can be difficult to proceed with, especially at times when the interface has changed. Thus if it is possible to run a test using an alternate method such as a command line input, GUI automation should be avoided in order to ease the process.
Test automation can be rewarding and can ease the testing process for the entire team. However that can only be the case if a proper strategy is followed. From the tools and resources used to the people handling the test, every bit plays a vital role. Understanding the potential of the organization, as well as knowing the application being tested can save a lot of time, effort and money.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Global High Efficiency Low Voltage Aluminum Motors Market
2. Verminder Het Stroomverbruik Door Zonlicht Te Gebruiken
3. Global Micro Tactical Ground Robot Market
4. North America Mri (magnetic Resonance Imaging) Market
5. How Is Solar Panel Installation Carried Out?
Author: Brown Ross
6. Skills Of A Good Php Developer You Need To Look For
Author: Jonathan Paul
7. All The Latest Gadget Announcements By Apple
Author: Aida Martin
8. Review On Bluetooth Stereo Adapter Audio Receiver
Author: Ishika Roy
9. How To Create And Manage Your Booking App?
10. What Are The Top Questions To Ask To Solar Panel Installers?
Author: Brown Ross
11. Top 3 Us Cellular Phones
Author: Jack thomson
12. Properfocus Review
Author: Kevin Stanley
13. How Ai Has Become A Game-changer In Asset Management
Author: Baleshwar Yadav
14. Microchip Technology Introduces Its First Trust&go Wi-fi® 32-bit Mcu Module With Advanced Peripher
15. Steps Involved In Choosing An Automation Solution For Your Business
Author: Lisa Brown