ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Mobile Marketing Strategies Suitable For Businesses
Google's report of “Mobile Path to Purchase” has surveyed 950 consumers of US through 9 various verticals (Health and Nutrition, Restaurants, Finance, Home and Garden, Food and Cooking, Electronics, Travel, Apparel and Beauty, Automotive, Electronics, Health and Nutrition) to have an idea how they researched transactions which were carried out via mobile phones. The interesting thing found was the starting points for mobile research.
50% of mobile researchers almost begin on search engines, while the rest choose branded applications and websites. Many of those who convert online switch devices, ranging from mobile to tablet to personal computer, or a blend of them. This means, marketers need to get ready for a various devices.
An understanding of the consumers, their search and shopping records and behavior, their wants and needs on various devices, along with the operational and business requirements and aims, eventually guides the mobile strategy.
As mobile internet and e-commerce develops, the number of smart gadgets keeps rising, people continue using different devices. With an aim of meeting requirements, search engine policies on mobile apps and new designs were put in the picture.
Desktop Sites on Mobile Devices
Before m (dot) design, mobile users would have to open a desktop version of the site on their mobile phones. Once into the site, navigation was a struggle and the design and user experience was originally created for desktop users.
M (dot) design
With this design, people need to build a unique version of their site which would be optimized specifically for users which use mobile. The site will include simple and easy navigation; less content, less images. When accessing it from a mobile phone, this design itself redirects the user to the mobile site. With the rise of mobile technology, developments like Omni channel and others, m (dot) is gradually turning outdated. Responsive design has replaced m (dot) since 2012.
Demerits of m (dot)
• However quite fast, it can manage and optimize 2 different sites (desktop and mobile)
• Google do not like to redirect the site which affects the ranking and, in turn, the traffic.
The layout and potential of a responsive web design responds to the user’s needs on the basis of device they use. For instance, on a phone, the content is seen like a single column view and displays the same in 2 columns in a tab. The main aim to create the responsive pages is that it is easier to maintain and for SEO. Despite all this, they are slow and heavy for the mobile visitors. Irrespective of the device the user use, responsive web design serves the same code of HTML on the same URL, but the display rendered differs as per the size of the screen. Google recommends responsive design pattern.
Merits of Responsive Design
• Manages and optimize single site
• One URL without redirection
• Easier to share on social networks
Demerits of Responsive Design
• Responsive design allows downloading each and everything from a desktop version even if it is used on a mobile phone or a tablet which increases the loading time.
The server in the adaptive design tracks the device type which the visitor is using and then the correct version gets loaded. For instance, if anyone is browsing through an iPhone, the mobile version of the site gets loaded by the server. There will be 3 different type of version of the site- desktop, tablet and mobile site. For each of them, only the corresponding resources will get downloaded.
Merits of Adaptive Design
• Downloads only for a particular site version which is tablet, mobile or desktop. Page loading time lowers with less bounce rates.
• With Adaptive design, a different buyer transaction journey can be created & optimized for every device type.
Demerits of Adaptive Design
• A lot of resources go in to building separate versions for all the devices.
Responsive design is becoming first choice in mobile design strategy, because of its relative advantages. Also Google's preference on Responsive design adds to its attraction. User experience is fantastic through a responsive B2B web design and also it adds up to a better website conversion, thereby increasing the ROI.
About The Author
The article is written by Tanuja Dongre, associated with SureVin, one of the leading service providers of BPO, ITES, Skill Development services, Digital Solutions & Marketing, Data Enrichment & Management Service, Training solutions and HR Consultancy to our clients. With the right balance of technical expertise and vast industry knowledge, SureVin strives to create customer satisfaction considering the nature of work with an innovative approach maintaining integrity and confidentiality of the business.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Powerful Benefits Of Using Ppc Advertising
Author: Harry Sazos
2. A Few Simple Hints For Better Search Engine Optimization
3. Write For Us
Author: Ankita Singh
4. The 10 Most Promising E-learning Solution Providers
Author: Insights success
5. What Are The Challenges Faced In The Enterprise Application Development?
Author: Eldon Broady
6. Book My Mantra - Technology & Marketing Services Platform
7. 6 Amazing Tips On Instagram Hashtags And How To Research Hashtags
Author: Shivang tech
8. 5 Reasons For Why You Should Go With Wholesale Seo Services
Author: SEO New Delhi
9. What Are The Top Open Source Cross-platform App Development Tools?
Author: Eldon Broady
10. Attain The Maximum Sales For Your Business With The Help Of Social Media Marketing
Author: Barry Elvis
11. The Appropriate Initiative Of The Ms Access Programming
Author: ACCESS RIGHT DEVELOPMENT
12. Fresh Strategies That Every Startup Should Know
Author: Ratan Jha
13. On-page Seo: Optimisation Of Visible Page Elements That Effect Rankings
Author: Harry Sazos
14. How Can You Integrate Seo And Ppc In Your Marketing Strategies?
Author: Chris Walker
15. Digital Marketing- The Need Of Every Business
Author: Barry Elvis