ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Effective Functional Testing Of A Cloud Aapplication
Functional Testing in a cloud environment is not too different from that performed in regular test environments. This holds true unless new features and functionalities have been added depending on the cloud hosting strategy. Functional Testing is performed for both remote and local software applications. Functional cloud testing is the testing of the features and functions of the system, which includes both hardware and software. It is conducted on an integrated software platform in order to check its compliance with the requirement specifications.
Functional Testing in a Cloud is also known as Behavior Testing or black box testing as it captures the user requirements. Here no effort is made to break down the code, which is responsible for generating the code. It only involves reviewing the output for a particular set of input values applied to the system under test.
Best practices for an effective functional testing in a cloud environment:
- The functional aspects of the application should be tested in a similar environment to the one in which it will be accessed when it goes LIVE. Regression testing should be performed more than any other kind to validate the Cloud.
- Determining the cloud environment’s security barrier is important for user protection and security compliance, as sensitive corporate information will be stored in the system.
- A Cloud computing test plan should be created, including a detailed log of every single testing activity and issue that has been faced. Preparing a list of metrics can serve as indicators for the top management to address the maturity and consistency of the Cloud processes.
- As mentioned earlier, the functional testing of cloud based applications are not too different than the traditional in-house applications. The main adjustments need to be made for the non-functional aspects of the application. This is because awareness regardingthe non-functional aspects of the application are critical for the successful testing of the functional aspects of the application. Hence, while dealing with the public Cloud, the testing responsibility should be within the testing team while for a private cloud testing, the responsibility needs to be handled by the security or the infrastructure team. In other words, all parts of the IT organization should work together to resolve the risks presented by the Cloud environment for an effective functional testing.
Growth of Cloud computing has created demand for measuring the testing characteristics of cloud applications. The key advantage of performing functional testing in a cloud environment is its scalability, which has enabled organizations to handle larger projects than their normal capacity. Further testing for global applications can also be performed. However, cloud testing comes with its own set of challenges. Hence, before embarking into the field of cloud testing, organizations also need to decide which risks they are willing to take.
Michael Works for Gallop Solutions, it is a 10 year old, US based Colocated Independent Software Testing & QA Staffing Services Company with offices in Dallas,Philadelphia.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Wordpress Is A Supreme Web Development Platform
Author: Swayam Infotech
2. Americommerce Sale 2021
Author: marshal mathers
3. Education Erp Software
Author: Ankit chauhan
4. What Are The Biggest Pain Points Of Using Graphql?
Author: Eldon Broady
5. How To Create Invoice/estimate
Author: Ronny Jones
6. Global Industrial Salt Market
7. Microsoft 365 Business Basic Promo Code For One Month Free Trial With Lots Of Discounts
Author: Christine Bleakley
8. Why Use A Wireless Barcode Scanner?
Author: Vishal Jain
9. The Best Id Verification Software
Author: Eldon Broady
10. Different Languages To Add To Your Magento Store
Author: Maulik Shah
11. Best Delivery Route Planner App Must Be Used To Ensure Doing Business Smoothly!
Author: John Pearson
12. How To Write The Perfect Linkedin Messages To Get A 50%+ Reply Rate?
Author: Marya Lizabeth
13. How Huddle Rooms Help? What Equipment You Need To Make Them A Success?
Author: Prysm Systems
14. How To Use Automation Tools To Extract Linkedin Contacts And Use Them For An Effective Email Marketi
Author: Marya Lizabeth
15. What Is The Best Software For Podcasters?
Author: Barry Elvis