ALL >> Health >> View Article
Causes And Reasons For Nail Fungus Infections
Nail infections are also known as tinea unguium and onychomycosis. These tend to be common where infections of nails are concerned. Toe nails and fingernails are susceptible to this which is manifested by the thickening of the nails along with discolouration and edges which tend to crumble. This is more common in the toe nails.
What is Toenail Fungus?
This infection of toenail fungus gets in through the cuts in your skin or even cracks in your nails. Though there is discolouration and thickening of the nails, there might not be pain.
As the nails on toes are damp and warm, the fungus can grow comfortably here. If toenails fungus treatment is not opted for, there are chances of this infection spreading to other nails, skin and also the nails on your fingers.
Who are more prone to the fungus Nail Infections?
This infection is more common in men as compared to the women. Other factors which can lead to this infection are
* Moist or humid environment for work
* Diminishing of the blood circulation
*Nails which grow slowly
* Barefoot walking in public places which are damp
*a previous injury to the nail or the skin around the nail
* Weakened immunity system, Diabetes, circulation problems or even AIDS
* Footwear being tight with the crowding of toes
* Exercise that can cause minor trauma to the point where the nail and fingertip join.
Some Symptoms of Fungus Nail Infections
The main symptom of this infection is the thickening of nails with discolouration and also crumbling of the nails from the edges. These infected nails tend to be yellowish in colour and distorted. There is a possibility of the infected nail separating from the nail bed. There are times, the infected toe nails emit a foul odour and the patient might experience pain.
Another symptom associated with the fungus nail infection is the skin-lesions, which are free of fungus, these are called dermatophytids. This might cause itchiness or rashes in areas of the body, which is not even infected, similar to allergies.
Causes of Nail Fungus Infections
These nail fungus infections are caused by fungi, which do not require any sunlight to survive. The common fungi responsible for these infections are a group called dermatophytes. Besides this, you have molds and yeasts also causing this infection. Nail fungus infections caused by pathogens normally enter the skin through the separations between the nail bed and the nail or even tiny cuts. This fungus tends to grow due to the environment provided by the nail, which is moist and warm. Know more information on http://www.footcliniclondon.co.uk/
Health Articles1. How To Remove Phlegm From Chest
2. Best Hospital For Lung Cancer Treatment In Chennai
Author: VS Hospitals
3. Mental Health Related Queries See A 50% Spike Since The Lockdown
Author: The Corona virus pandemic has not only affected o
4. How To Treat Ankle Arthritis With Regenerative Cell Treatment?
Author: George Campbell
5. How To Guard Yourself Against Air Pollution While Traveling
Author: Piyush saxena
6. Dense Breast Tissue And Risks
Author: Julia Anderson
7. What Is Fine Hair? How To Take Care Of Fine Hair?
8. Does Tapentadol Have The Same Effectiveness On Pain As Tramadol? Which Medication Is Cheaper?
Author: Paul Nelson
9. Dense Breast And It’s Cancer Connection
Author: Akshat Guha
10. Ayurvedic Herbal Medicine Without Any Side Effects
Author: Satish Chandra
11. Best Cbd Creams Against Pandemic
Author: Mary Power
12. 4 Benefits Of Acupuncture Therapy
13. High Blood Pressure And Headache – Is There A Connection?
Author: bappa dey
14. The Reasons A Third Party Makes Sense For Brisbane Mobile Drug Tests
Author: Daniel Anthony
15. Best Ent Hospital In Jaipur
Author: adinath ent hospital