ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Solve Error: 0x800c013c When Compacting Outlook Express Folders?
Compacting the Outlook Express folders is a good practice to avoid their corruption. Also, if these folders are corrupted due to minor damage, compacting the folders can remove it. The 'Compact All Folders' option listed under 'Folder' option of 'File' menu allows you to compact the folders manually. But at times, when you choose this option, the folder may fail to compact. Additionally, the application might report errors suggesting that there is no enough disk space available. Such errors usually indicate corruption in one of the Outlook Express folders being compacted.
You can work around this problem by simply deleting (provided a backup is present) or renaming the folder(s), but to repair them, you need to use an Outlook Express Recovery utility.
As one of the common instances, suppose you select 'Compact All Folders' option to compact the OE folders, but the procedure ceases and displays an error indicating that the folder is too small to compact. You may also receive an error message as below:
â€œThe folder 'folder_name' could not be cleaned up. There is not enough disk space. (File file_name.dbx, Error: 0x800C013C)â€
The error occurs even if there is enough disk space available. The 'folder_name' and 'file_name' indicate the name of Outlook Express file affected and can be any out of 'Inbox', Sent Items' etc.
One of the prime reasons of error '0x800C013C' to occur is that the Outlook Express folder (whose name is showing in error message) is corrupt.
You can either delete or rename the affected folder to solve this issue, depending on the availability of backup. To do so, you need to follow this sequence of steps:
(1) Locate your Store Folder. For this, click Tools | Options | Maintenance and click Store Folder. button and press TAB to see and note the folder path.
(2) Close Outlook Express and open the Store Folder.
(3) Enable the view of hidden files and folders.
(4) Delete or rename the associated *.dbx file of troubled folder.
To repair the corrupted DBX folder, you need a commercial utility to Recover Outlook Express. Such tools have high competency to offer accurate Outlook Express Recovery results by scanning and repairing the corrupted OE files.
Stellar Phoenix Outlook Express Recovery is reliable and powerful repair utility for corrupted Outlook Express files. It is a safe file repair tool with rich graphic features. The product can Recover Outlook Express and incorporates advanced scanning algorithms to enable comprehensive repair. The tool is compatible with Outlook Express 5.x and 6.x.
About The Author: Mohit Mathur has passion for writing Technical articles. He is right now writing articles related to Product like Recover Outlook Express and Pst Repair and has now become a professional writer.
For more information please visit:- http://www.outlookexpress-recovery.com/
Computers Articles1. Top 5 Text Editors To Install On Windows 10
Author: Augustine Bayer
2. How To Connect Hp Deskjet 4152 To Wireless Router
Author: flexi answers
3. 7 Benefits Of Custom Mobile App Ui/ux Design For Business
Author: Neelima Ls
4. What Is Digital Marketing And What Are Its Strategies
Author: Ridzi Arora
5. The Privacy-first Browser That Doesn't Track You
Author: Alexis Norris
6. Solutions For Iphone Not Charging Issues
Author: iFixScreens NewYork
7. Micro-content Vs Long-form Content - Stylus | The Write Solution
Author: Stylus Solutions
8. Anime Lasdan Is The Latest Series In Power Fantasy Genre
Author: Augustine Bayer
9. Yahoo Connection To Server Failed
Author: Jhon smith
10. Get Results With This Philadelphia Seo Agency
Author: Dan Kogan
11. Unable To Load Facebook On Chrome? Here’s The Fix
Author: Katherine Wood
12. Wesley Snipes Auditioned For Coming To America But Did Not Get The Part
Author: Angel Smith
13. Vaccine Administration Management System
Author: Subin Sabu
14. Technology In Nvocc Business
Author: Vijay Anand
15. What Are The Cloud Computing Solutions With Aws?
Author: Anu Walia