ALL >> Health >> View Article
Are We The Culprits Of Identity Theft?
With the evolution of the healthcare industry, the demand for healthcare IT technology has also increased manifold. HIT has got a devoted field of its own now, with experts and trained professionals working day-in-day-out. But it is of utmost importance to look for weak points in the system so that it saves us from a substantial loss.
With consummation of IT with healthcare, security breaches have started to follow.
medical identity theft is one of the most rampant security breaches that is not unheard of in today's scenario.
As a preventive measure, many institutions have been focusing on checking patient IDs. Though this helps in checking the theft cases but this is not where the bulk of the problem lies. To safeguard yourself from the potential risks you need to have an unbiased approach. Make amendments inside the organizations rather than looking for faults at an external level. With number of providers adopting EMRs increasing, it has become easier for the insiders to steal big piles of PHI.
It is high time that the healthcare institutions expand their risk assessment need which should extensively focus on the internal threat. Though it is difficult to find and curb insider breaches but preventive measure need to taken at the right time. So apart from having internal file browser controls and other controls in place, there should be some provisions for extensive checks to check the wrong doers and catch hold of them.
So do not just plan to get the safety measures on place, work towards making them work for you.
Health Articles1. Rethinking Medtech In Covid Times Healthcare Whitepaper
2. Myotrac Infiniti U-control | Biofeedback Resources International
Author: Harry Campbell
3. Brucellosis Market Report And Market Assessment 2030
4. How To Choose The Best Office Space For Therapy On Rent In New York City
Author: Garcia Jones
5. How To Ensure Proper Med Waste In Times Of A Pandemic!
Author: Herb Scott
6. Few Things About Pharmaceutical Granulation
Author: Sahasra Yogam
7. How To Shortlist A Reliable Clinic That Offers Plastic Surgery?
8. Is Hair Weaving Good If You Are Suffering From Hair Loss?
9. How To Get Rid Of Caffeine And Stay Healthy?
Author: Steve Jones
10. Ways For Easier Recovery After Eyelid Surgery
Author: Wilson Bamford
11. 5 Things You Should Consider Before Outsourcing Your Medical Billing Services
12. Mitigating Risk On Outpatient Bundled Payment Contracts
13. Importance Of Credentialing In Medical Billing Process
14. How Has 24/7 Medical Billing Services Benefited Practices Based Out Of Ohio?
15. The Infinite Benefits Of A Natural Multivitamin