ALL >> Health >> View Article
Converting From Paper Records To Emr? Here's What You Need To Know
There has been a lot of hype out there about converting from paper records to EMR. But many people are unaware about how that process actually works.
At the Billing & Collections Conference in Orlando held recently, Kris Cuddy's nuts-and-bolts EMR implementation session was appreciated by all. Comments from physicians and office managers at her session about how it's really been like for them to implement EMR at their practices were especially appreciated.
They have a perspective you sometimes do not see in the predictions about how great EMR is going to be when we adopt it.
One workshop participant said that it's going to take him three hours to transfer his first medical record from paper to EMR. Subsequent conversions are going more quickly, but according to the office manager, he and the practice are investing much more time in the process than the EMR Vendor said they would.
According to one EMR vendor, one primary care physician could see five patients each day for three weeks while he implemented the system in his practice. Reducing his daily patient load drastically is really going to cut into his income.
Another office manager said that his 2-3 physician practice had spent $250,000 so far implementing an EMR system, which is yet to be used.
It's no wonder therefore that with such statistics, only 12 percent of physician practices nationwide have implemented EMR.
If you're thinking whether you should go for EMR system now, and have a lot of questions regarding this and other healthcare IT business, stay tuned to HIT News.
Health Articles1. How To Heal Yourself From Heel Pain?
Author: Dave Woods
2. Reasons For Revenue Leakages In Durable Medical Equipment (dme) Billing
3. Credentialing For Dme Supplies
4. Here’s A Checklist You Should Be Aware Of While Setting Up A Dme Store
5. Crohn's Disease Flare-ups Causes & Managing Your Symptoms
6. Biopharma Market Overview 2020, Share , Trends & Industry Analysis
Author: scott mody
7. How Can You Have A Safe Plastic Surgery Process?
Author: Mark Taylor
8. Kansa Wand
Author: Shivani Bedi
9. What Precautions Should Be Taken After Kidney Transplant
Author: zawadia otieno
10. Uses Of Apple Cider Vinegar
11. Dme Billing Iessuehs That Blocks Your Revenue
12. This Thanksgiving Can Turn Positively The Financial Stability Of Many Healthcare Companies – By 24/7
13. Best Black Friday Cbd Deals
Author: browns cbd
14. Tips To Overcome Anxiety By Using Natural And Side Effect Free Solutions
Author: Luis Senon
15. Get Helpful Knowledge About Some Benefits Of Cbd Oil Tincture And Cream
Author: Luis Senon