ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Performance Testing And Types
Performance testing is the part of software testing which deals with the speed of performance or the effectiveness of a particular software under a specified workload. It basically checks the stability of the software along with its responsiveness when it is being put under extensive workload. The detailed study of the performance testing has divided the same into various parts which may be used to check various aspects of the software’s performance.
1. Capacity Test: This is the method of performance testing of a software which is related to the number of users that can be handled by the specific application at any particular time. It helps you to enhance the capability of your application in terms of handling larger number of users at the same time.
2. Load Test: Load test is done to check the workability of the software under various loads which ranges from normal capacity of the software to the high end loads which may indicate the breaking point of the software. This helps in measuring the normal working capacity of the application that is being tested.
3. Stress Test: Just as the name suggests, stress ...
... tests are usually performed by applying excessive working load on the application or software which is being examined. It determines how the application would respond in case of the increased stress environment. This helps the developer in increasing the test capacity of the application or to make it respond in a better way while under such situations.
4. Soak Test: Soak test is usually performed o check the working capability of the software when it is being used for a long period of time. An application may be working well over short period of time and may mal function when it is being run for a longer time period. Soak test helps in enhancing the working ability of the software under prolonged period of work.
5. Spike Test: Spike test is performed in order to check how the software responds when the load is repeatedly increased during the examination process, over a short period of time. The repeated application of load beyond anticipated capacity brings forth any kind of mal functions which needs rectification.
6. Component Test: Component tests helps in checking the working ability of the various components of the software when featured under stress. When you need to check how the individual components or certain component of the software performs under normal or increased work load, you need to perform this test.
7. Smoke Test: This is one of the simplest performance tests that the software is put under. This checks the functionality of the software under normal work load to check if it functions as desired. If the application fails the smoke test, it requires no further testing unless it has been rectified to work normally under the minimal load possible.
8. Scalability Test: Scalability test is done on a software to check how the software has scaled up in terms of performances after the errors have been rectified or as compared to the previous tests done.
9. Volume Test: Volume test is performed to check how the application works when it is allowed to process a large number of data.
These are the various types of performance tests that can truly evaluate the workability of the software under examination.
ZenQ is an offshore web app performance testing company catering to the testing needs of clients globally.
We provide performance testing services with pilot project offer. If you would like to hire performance testers for your testing needs, please contact us today.
Computers Articles1. The Importance Of A Network Security Audit
2. The Most Useful Microsoft Word Hints To Help You Get More Done
3. Work Better In Word, Excel, And Outlook With These Tips And Techniques
4. Time-saving Points To Make Your Workers Be More Efficient Using Microsoft Office
5. Microsoft Office Tips: An Overview
6. Guide To Windows 10
7. How Do I Get Assistance In Windows 10?
8. May 2021, Yes You Can Buy Windows 10 At The Best Price
9. How To Make The Most Of Windows 10
10. Windows 10 And Its Few Tricks Up Its Sleeve
11. In One Hour Or Less, Learn How To Set Up A New Windows 10 Pc Perfectly
12. Top 10 Reasons Why Cloud Migration Is Important?
13. The Keyword Research Tips That Will Take Your Seo To The Next Level
Author: Hire SEO Freelancer
14. Aol Mail Login | Sign In Aol Mail | Aol Mail
15. All In One Funeral Home Software
Author: Nathan White