ALL >> Health >> View Article
Times Are Changing: Home Health Now More Open To Hit
Normally it's been observed that home health agencies do not welcome Health Information Technology (HIT) and Healthcare IT strategy. Even though paperless home health agencies may seem like something out of a sci-fi novel, a new report shows that more agencies are now turning to technology to perform and track patient services.
According to the National Association for Home Care and Hospices , more than 65 percent of all agencies now use electronic health records and 40 percent use point of service systems in the field.
The study was conducted by NAHC and its co-sponsors conducted the study to gauge how often agencies put technology to use in order to deliver quality service and to help agencies gear up for pending health care reform . Marcia Reissig, chair of study co-sponsor Hospital Home Care Association of America, explained, â€œResearchers also hoped to identify best practices in home care to allow all home health care providers to realize efficiencies and quality of care to the country's most vulnerable seniors.â€
Val Halamandaris, NAHC president said, â€œHealth care reform is already happening in home care.â€
He predicted that with the use of modern technologies, patient-centered outcome measures, and evidence-based best practices, home care is uniquely positioned to effectively meet the needs of a growing senior population.
According to the findings of the Blackberry study:
Handheld devices account for more than 6 percent of the hardware aides use most
Close to 40 percent of agencies seeking new hardware state that they want handheld devices
23 percent of agencies report success with their tele-health efforts.
Health Articles1. Rethinking Medtech In Covid Times Healthcare Whitepaper
2. Myotrac Infiniti U-control | Biofeedback Resources International
Author: Harry Campbell
3. Brucellosis Market Report And Market Assessment 2030
4. How To Choose The Best Office Space For Therapy On Rent In New York City
Author: Garcia Jones
5. How To Ensure Proper Med Waste In Times Of A Pandemic!
Author: Herb Scott
6. Few Things About Pharmaceutical Granulation
Author: Sahasra Yogam
7. How To Shortlist A Reliable Clinic That Offers Plastic Surgery?
8. Is Hair Weaving Good If You Are Suffering From Hair Loss?
9. How To Get Rid Of Caffeine And Stay Healthy?
Author: Steve Jones
10. Ways For Easier Recovery After Eyelid Surgery
Author: Wilson Bamford
11. 5 Things You Should Consider Before Outsourcing Your Medical Billing Services
12. Mitigating Risk On Outpatient Bundled Payment Contracts
13. Importance Of Credentialing In Medical Billing Process
14. How Has 24/7 Medical Billing Services Benefited Practices Based Out Of Ohio?
15. The Infinite Benefits Of A Natural Multivitamin