ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Underpinning: The Perfect Solution To Damaged Foundation
A building is made of bricks and beams.
But, your home is made of hopes and dreams.
Your home is one of your most cherished possessions. It ensures the safety of your family. If the foundation of your home is weak, it can weaken your life. So, it is important to repair and restore the strength of the foundation.
How to strengthen the Foundation of your Home?
If you have noticed several cracks in your home, there are chances of a serious problem with the foundation. In such a situation, underpinning may be required to restore its strength.
What is Underpinning?
Underpinning is an engineering method of restoring the strength of the foundation. It includes excavating sections under the existing foundation and pouring concrete blocks under each section. The end result is a new foundation under the existing foundation structure.
You can initiate underpinning at your home for any of the following reasons:
1. The original foundation is weak.
2. Land subsidence has occurred under the foundation.
3. Natural calamities have caused a movement in the structure of your home.
4. You want to add floors to the existing structure.
5. You want to increase the height of basement and use it for rental purposes.
What Factors should be considered before Underpinning?
Underpinning is a complex process that requires the knowledge and expertise of a specialist. So, it is important that you contact a licensed underpinning contractor. Also, you will have to consider the following factors:
As underpinning is costly, homeowners consider it as the last resort for repairing the foundation. It is expensive because of the risk involved. If you are thinking of underpinning a foundation, get a clear idea of the cost.
Home insurance providers require you to provide detailed information of any home renovation project that you undertake. When you begin a project such as underpinning, the home insurance provider will change your policy to “home under renovation” policy.
If you start underpinning without informing your home insurance provider, the insurance contract may be considered void. Also, you will not be covered if an accident occurs.
The Building Permit
If your contractor does not obtain the building permit required for underpinning, you can face the following severe legal as well as financial consequences:
1. Pay “work without permit” penalty;
2. Delay underpinning till the permit is obtained; and
3. Undo the work done.
Starting underpinning without permit can even impact the selling price of your home. It will also create problem in making an insurance claim.
So, it is important that you remind the contractor of obtaining building permits.
Underpinning is the perfect solution for strengthening the foundation of your home and making it durable. But, it can become a source of headache and heartache if you are not careful. So, ensure that your trusted underpinning contractor does the right work in the right way.
When it comes to underpinning foundation, Pour Concrete is the perfect choice of every homeowner. Call on 647-847-4009 or inquire online to get in touch with Toronto’s trusted basement lowering contractor.
When you love your work, you don't consider it work. I started The Home Improvement Group because building and renovating Toronto Homes has always been a fascination for me. I help home owners and businessmen by taking immediate care of home painting, commercial renovation, bedroom renovation, condo remodeling, and more. My experienced team will turn a weak and dilapidated property into a beautiful and strong structure. I am a hard-working, energetic and passionate home renovation contractor with the happiness of customers always in mind. I manage a large team of professional engineers and highly experienced renovation crew. We have experience of undertaking renovation projects for several home and commercial projects in GTA.
Home and Garden Articles1. Hidden Dangers Of Residual Soot After A Fire
Author: ServiceMaster Upstate
2. Sparkle Collection – Way To Cherish Luxurious Lifestyle
Author: Pramod Kumar
3. Suggestions That You Should Know When Decorating Your House's Internal
4. Pvc Aluminum Guttering Repair Services Can Bring Protection For Your Home!
Author: Joesph Burns
5. Enjoy Indoor Gardening With A Hydroponics System
Author: Anindya Bhaumik
6. Why The Hydroponic System Is Better Than Soil-based Gardening
Author: Anindya Bhaumik
7. 4 Tips To Locate The Best Washing Machine Repair Technician.
Author: Anu Walia
8. What Are The Benefits Of Availing Deep Cleaning Services?
Author: Ray Stobbart
9. How Customized Wallpaper Add Emotional Value To Your Home?
Author: Vishal Supali
10. Hydroponic Garden For Organic Food – The Best For Healthy Nourishment
Author: William Brown
11. Debunking The Common Myths Surrounding Composite Decking
Author: Bernard Wogan
12. Fetch Top Quality Water Damage Mitigation, Extraction And Drying Services
Author: Kathleen Daboush
13. Steps To Consider While Redesigning Your Garden Area
Author: Sumair Raza
14. Are Carpenter Ants Dangerous To Humans?
Author: Austin Baines
15. How Does Mold Affect Structural Integrity
Author: Lovejoy ServiceMaster