ALL >> Business >> View Article
1950's Home Decor Redesign
When most people think about increasing the value of their home the first thing that comes to mind is interior renovations. Things like new carpeting, kitchen cabinets, or new appliances, but an often overlooked way to make your house value go up is to landscape the yard.
With just a little effort you can drastically change the entire appearance of the outside of your home. Some shrubs along the outside of the house will give it an entirely different look, and a stone walkway is something even a landscape novice should be able to do themselves with a little instruction.
If your ready to make some major change how about a back yard patio with a brick barbeque pit. This is great for entertaining and would be a major selling point when it comes time to sell the home.
Decorative landscape also gives your home a unique quality that isn’t found very often. Things like garden statues, water fountains, pedestal bird baths, and stone figures can be picked up at most garden centers and make your yard really stand out.
One of the best places to find one of a kind pieces is second hand stores and garage sales. Old items such a copper tubs or wooden benches that many would consider junk are very popular right now, and many places that specialize in such item are charging hundreds or even thousands for these things but if you’re a bargain hunter and keep an eye out you can find some great deals.
While you can easily spend thousands of dollars landscaping your home you don’t necessarily have to. In fact if your willing to do the work yourself a couple hundred dollars on plants and some garden decorations are really all you need to increases the value of you home by up to 2%-7% .
To get you started, here is a partial list of reproduced products inspired from the 1950's.
1. Fabric by the yard including barkcloth for curtains, pillows and furniture upholstery.
2. 50's style kitchen table and chair sets complete with chrome legs, formica table tops and vinyl covered seats in many colors.
3. Small retro style kitchen appliances including, toasters and soda shop drink mixers.
4. Classic pedal cars inspired from the 1940's and 50's.
5. Stoves and refrigerators reproduced with today's technology, but with the original appearance in many original colors. These are not cheap... be prepared to pay top dollar for the large kitchen appliances.
6. Replica diner jukeboxes, turntables, pay phones and radios.
7. Reproduced metal 6-pack picnic coolers, double bubble clocks and Coke machines.
8. Tin diner, car hop and motor oil signs.
9. Reproduction enamelware canister sets, soap dishes and bread boxes.
10. Metal laundry soap bins and glass laundry sprinklers for a bit of laundry room nostalgia.
Your local second hand stores are a good source if you are in the market for original furniture that can be revitalized with some reproduced 50's fabric.
Business Articles1. What Should You Know About Aged Company With Bank Account?
Author: LUIS CORREIA
2. Online Buying - Actually Better With Charge Tested Records
Author: Leton Biswas
3. Mbbr Filter Media Is A Robust Water Treatment System!
Author: Kristen Johnson
4. Unmasking The Myths Of Cost Segregation. Is Cost Segregation Worth Your Effort?
5. Never Lose Another Night’s Sleep Worrying About Money Again: Custom Money Solutions Just For Women
Author: eWomen Network
6. The Benefits Of Classified Submission Sites
Author: Clz List
7. Beautiful Porcelain Tile Bathroom Ideas
Author: Nikki Savard
8. Sas: Expanding Everywhere And Beyond
Author: Seattle aviation
9. Hiring The Right Patent Search Specialist Can Work Wonders For Your Business
10. Futureproofing Commercial Real Estate Investment
Author: Priyanshu Adathakkar
11. Three Simple Ways To Increase Your Website’s Speed!
Author: Harry Sazos
12. Do You Know Water Pump Types And Which Pump Is More Suitable For Agriculture?
Author: Mezzy batliwala
13. Register A Company In Singapore And Apply For An Entrepass As A Foreigner Without A Local Partner
14. Why Meta Titles And Keywords Matter For Small Businesses?
Author: Harry Sazos
15. Best Astrologer In Mumbai | Famous,good & Top Astrologer In Mumbai
Author: Pandit Manjunath